Anyone else??

Jynxer

Is anyone else playing episode 4 for the second ( or third) time?? I’m playing it for the second time, and treating it as a sandbox map. I’m still doing the tasks, but now I’m taking time to do what I normally do in survivor maps. I’m just way too impatient for it to come to survival mode I guess lol! 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Jynxer said:

Is anyone else playing episode 4 for the second ( or third) time?? I’m playing it for the second time, and treating it as a sandbox map. I’m still doing the tasks, but now I’m taking time to do what I normally do in survivor maps. I’m just way too impatient for it to come to survival mode I guess lol! 

I am doing the exact same thing.  I've played the story right back to the point of bringing the detonators back and otherwise have just been playing the map as if I were in the survival sandbox.  Only thing is lack of saplings to make more arrows and of course the snow shelter is disabled making camping out a bit more challenging as well.

It sure is easy though running from the prison thru the steam tunnels all the way to the power station without having to worry about getting burned!  

A few things I would like to see if and when BlackRock is opened as a new region is to put the technical backpack somewhere in the gold mine as well as adding a machine shop to the prison so I can reload and sharpen my tools without having to go all the way to the cannery.  You'd expect that the prison would have some such department considering you can't just call the repair guy when something in a 100 year old facility like that breaks.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

I'm also replaying the chapter at the "bring back the detonators" point -- to see what I may have missed in trying to finish the story quickly (as I had imposed my own "hurry UP!" parameters on getting thru' the story mode)

I've found & resolved a few things -- the "aggressive wolf",  a hunter's blind, the "suspicious person" cache & several other prisoner caches --  I stumbled on a rather passive moose that I brought down with one well-placed arrow (yay! meat!)_ -- I've made some noisemakers (& figured out how to use them without injury), repaired clothing & established a base where I can snare rabbits, get firewood and use a workbench. Practicing how to deal with timber wolf packs, getting better at using a bow, constantly being cold (with iffy clothing) & balancing moving to new challenges & exploration versus steady resources.

*Note* -- I am usually a "Pilgrim" player, but I was started at the 2nd level for this chapter, so these things were challenges for me

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Yes, I'm on a 2nd playthrough where I'm on the last mission, but rather than complete it I've gone into "survival mode" & I'm thoroughly searching the map. It's a fun area, looking forward to whatever tweaks it may get for its inclusion in Survival mode.

I'm intentionally NOT playing it again in the hopes that when it comes to Survival, it will still have a somewhat new feel to it.  Besides, I expect much more easter eggs placed in Survival.  I was kind of disappointed in this aspect of Ep4 - all those remote locations you visit, kind of expecting a little treat at the end.

• Upvote 1

I'm still on my first playthrough, and playing very deliberately. I'm definitely going for completely going over the map on this playthrough. Working the region over, you might say. There are a lot of cool little spots that I've found. Liking this one quite a bit, and I'm looking forward to checking it out in survival as well.