That is NOT how pressure works

Lord of the Long Dark

42 minutes ago, ElleJoy said:

I have literally zero need or desire to prove my intelligence to you, bud. But because you obviously need to feel superior to others... For the record, it's probably 21. It appears to be the Fibonacci sequence. And the game was called Hunt the Wumpus, if I remember correctly. 

Nope it’s not 21. You got eaten by the Wumpus. Another of many who failed to solve the puzzle. 
  Try again? Anyone dare?

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark

1 minute ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Nope it’s not 21. You got eaten by the Wumpus. Another of many who failed to solve. 
  Try again.  

precisely

the solution is 969

that's how high lord of the dark helmet's iq is

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Nope it’s not 21. You got eaten by the Wumpus. Another of many who failed to solve the puzzle. 
  Try again? Anyone dare?

Then your puzzle is as illogical as you think the steam puzzle in TLD is, because I actually (being truly intelligent) googled the answer, seeing how the best way to achieve true knowledge is to come to it from the source. Every single source site I found about the Wumpus game has said 21. 

But go on being the smartest guy in the room. Literally no one on the planet will ever care more than you about that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ElleJoy said:

Then your puzzle is as illogical as you think the steam puzzle in TLD is, because I actually (being truly intelligent) googled the answer, seeing how the best way to achieve true knowledge is to come to it from the source. Every single source site I found about the Wumpus game has said 21. 

But go on being the smartest guy in the room. Literally no one on the planet will ever care more than you about that. 

I already said it’s not 21. You AGAIN got eaten by the Wumpus.  Just like almost everyone does. 
 Try again. It’s not 21. 
  You just said you are “truly intelligent” didn’t you? So why would you keep saying 21 when that’s not the answer??? Seriously, Why on earth would an intelligent person like you do that? I don’t get it.

I’ll give you (or anyone else) one more try and then I’ll give you the answer. Here’s some hints: don’t answer 21 lol!! And don’t answer something that isn’t 2 digits.

6 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

I already said it’s not 21. You AGAIN got eaten by the Wumpus.  Just like almost everyone does. 
 Try again. It’s not 21. 
  You just said you are “truly intelligent” didn’t you? So why would you keep saying 21 when that’s not the answer??? Seriously, Why on earth would an intelligent person like you do that? I don’t get it.

I’ll give you (or anyone else) one more try and then I’ll give you the answer. Here’s some hints: don’t answer 21 lol!! And don’t answer something that isn’t 2 digits.

ODONTKNOWWHETHER TO LAUGH OR SHAKE MY HEAD Memes Com | Shake Meme on ME.ME

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

No you didn’t. Prove it - all you have to do is explain the puzzle logic. go. Waiting. 
  You won’t though. I 100% guarantee you won’t. I 100-% guarantee that. Because you are lying. 
  Here come the red herrings folks- just watch!!!

How can I be lying - i've finished the episode,

maybe if you spent more time thinking logically about your replies and what they will achieve you'd win people over

and good luck making up your own logic puzzles, Fibonacci would be proud

• Upvote 1

Fun fact: Edgelord seriously thinks people really cares about his whining or strange puzzle solution. Most of all the developers, who will now (obviously) withdraw the episode and redesign it, bacause some anonymous here studied fluid dynamics way too much...

• Like 1

Can I apologise to all for the way this thread has turned! That was not my intention! I just felt that someone had to speak out on behalf of all who felt insulted or belittled by  some of the comments posted!  

My main apologies go of course to the original poster who deserves to have his topic discussed with  the respect it deserves!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Can I apologise to all for the way this thread has turned! That was not my intention! I just felt that someone had to speak out on behalf of all who felt insulted or belittled by  some of the comments posted!  

My main apologies go of course to the original poster who deserves to have his topic discussed with  the respect it deserves!

Why?

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Don’t worry it’s my thread and I have it under control. All you need to do is just worry about randomly moving them steam levers til you guess right. 
  I am talking ONLY to those who use logic and reason when solving puzzles.  Especially those who want to solve my WUMPUS puzzle.  Those who just blindly hunt and peck at puzzle combos without any strategy won’t apply in this thread. Of course you are welcome to guess at the WUMPUS puzzle though. Maybe you’ll guess right. 

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

The topic was valid regardless of who posted it! I do not however apologize for defending others and I didn't expect the situation to escalate the way it did! 

no I mean

why do you think you can apologise for others?

Edited by Corso

1 hour ago, Corso said:

my WUMPUS puzzle lol, Fibonacci says different

I saw it for what it was, a binary puzzle

I didn't spend half an hour trying to work out where the steam came from :D

Maybe he thinks he is Fibonacci? 

@LeeandaI greatly appreciate your attempts at civility. Takes a big person to apologize when they feel they're wrong, but I agree with Corso. It's just a waste of time apologizing to someone who thinks they're always right. 

At any rate - I'm actually inclined to agree with @manolitode too - This thread has devolved from the original intent and into something off topic and unnecessary and it would be silly to continue. There's an off topic section if lord wants to go post his puzzle there, but this forum is for Wintermute related content and there are plenty of other threads regarding the Steam Puzzle. Peace out, folks.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ElleJoy said:

Maybe he thinks he is Fibonacci? 

@LeeandaI greatly appreciate your attempts at civility. Takes a big person to apologize when they feel they're wrong, but I agree with Corso. It's just a waste of time apologizing to someone who thinks they're always right. 

At any rate - I'm actually inclined to agree with @manolitode too - This thread has devolved from the original intent and into something off topic and unnecessary and it would be silly to continue. There's an off topic section if lord wants to go post his puzzle there, but this forum is for Wintermute related content and there are plenty of other threads regarding the Steam Puzzle. Peace out, folks.

I only apologised about disrupting his thread not him personally!  I just wanted it known that I didn't intend to upset others on here to!  And yes I agree this thread should be locked!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Explain how the steam puzzle is a binary puzzle. Because it isn’t. So explain that. 
  And why do you keep saying the Wumpus puzzle is Fibonacci sequence. If it was the answer would be 21 and it isn’t. So it isn’t Fibonacci. Try again. The answer is not 21

@Lord of the Long Dark what is binary?

all of us living in the real world know:

binary means 0 or 1; on or off;

since your hated steam puzzle only allows you to turn every lever on OR off... it is - by definition - binary... a choice between 2 states -> on or off

one can describe the solution to the steam puzzle in binary; tld's steam puzzle solution is: 0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,1,1 -> where 0 means valve is off and 1 means valve is on...

and for everybody out there who does not know fibonacci:

he was an italian mathematician who introduced the "fibonacci numbers": a sequence where the 3rd number in a sequence is created by adding the 2 preceding numbers together

fe. 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34 etc. -> because 1+1=2; 2+3=5 and especially 8+13=21

it seems you chose the fibonacci numbers by mistake to represent your dishonest example... that may be why people keep telling you about fibonacci

4 minutes ago, camel said:

since your hated steam puzzle only allows you to turn every lever on OR off... it is - by definition - binary... a choice between 2 states -> on or off

one can describe the solution to the steam puzzle in binary; tld's steam puzzle solution is: 0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,1,1 -> where 0 means valve is off and 1 means valve is on...

he was an italian mathematician who introduced the "fibonacci numbers": a sequence where the 3rd number in a sequence is created by adding the 2 preceding numbers together

it seems you chose the fibonacci numbers by mistake to represent your dishonest example... that may be why people keep telling you about fibonacci

is this explanation enough or should i try again ?

maybe on the level of "cannon loading for idjits"?

10 minutes ago, camel said:

OMG. Yes the steam puzzle is binary in that it’s “on/off” switches silly. ITS KNOWING WHICH SWITCHES TO TURN ON AND OFF THAT MAKES THE PUZZLE. And you would know that either by guessing or by understanding pressure dynamics and the puzzle is inaccurate with pressure dynamics. 
  SMH. Just…. Wow. SMH. 
  Since you are so awesome at puzzles why can’t you solve the Wumpus. Hint: It’s not Fibonacci sequence so change your train of thought. That’s why everyone says 21 and gets it wrong. The answer is not 21. It is not based o. Fibonacci sequence. 

11 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

OMG. Yes the steam puzzle is binary in that it’s “on/off” switches silly. ITS KNOWING WHICH SWITCHES TO TURN ON AND OFF THAT MAKES THE PUZZLE. And you would know that either by guessing or by understanding pressure dynamics and the puzzle is inaccurate with pressure dynamics. 
  SMH. Just…. Wow. SMH. 
  Since you are so awesome at puzzles why can’t you solve the Wumpus. Hint: It’s not Fibonacci sequence so change your train of thought. That’s why everyone says 21 and gets it wrong. The answer is not 21. It is not based o. Fibonacci sequence. 

2 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Explain how the steam puzzle is a binary puzzle. Because it isn’t. So explain that. 
  And why do you keep saying the Wumpus puzzle is Fibonacci sequence. If it was the answer would be 21 and it isn’t. So it isn’t Fibonacci. Try again. The answer is not 21

i explained your question, how the steam puzzle is binary - you know because it is... so i explained it

happy you now at least agree it is a binary puzzle

i also expained why people see the fibonacci numbers in your bs example...

i couldnt give less of a shit what your imagined wumpus puzzle solution is