That is NOT how pressure works

Lord of the Long Dark

Just now, camel said:

i explained your question, how the steam puzzle is binary - you know because it is... so i explained it

happy you now at least agree it is a binary puzzle

i also expained why people see the fibonacci numbers in your bs example...

i couldnt give less of a shit what your imagined wumpus puzzle solution is

You are supposed to explain THE LOGIC OF KNOWING WHETHER TO TURN THE SWITCH TO 0 or 1. Every person on this board knows what binary is. That’s not the puzzle logic. The puzzle logic knowing the binary sequence without guessing. So explain how you know WHICH SWITCHES WOULD BE 0 or 1. 
  And Of course I know exactly why people choose 21 because of Fibonacci sequence. But it isn’t Fibonacci sequence. I said that 100 times now. So let it go- the sequence is not Fibonacci. The answer is not 21. 
  You are losing ground here man. Losing bad.  You can’t Explain the puzzle logic and you can’t solve the Wumpus. Just like I predicted. 

Just now, Lord of the Long Dark said:

You are supposed to explain THE LOGIC OF KNOWING WHETHER TO TURN THE SWITCH TO 0 or 1. Every person on this board knows what binary is. That’s not the puzzle logic. The puzzle logic knowing the binary sequence without guessing. So explain how you know WHICH SWITCHES WOULD BE 0 or 1. 
  And Of course I know exactly why people choose 21 because of Fibonacci sequence. But it isn’t Fibonacci sequence. I said that 100 times now. So let it go- the sequence is not Fibonacci. The answer is not 21. 
  You are losing ground here man. Losing bad.  You can’t Explain the puzzle logic and you can’t solve the Wumpus. Just like I predicted. 

if you knew every solution in advance nothing in this universe would be a puzzle to you

and talking about things non-fibonacci: how about try and error? you know how early primates figured out how to use tools?

as your posts prove...not everything has to be logical, just incoherently yoinking letters at the internet is good enough for some people... for you at least...

would love if you tried to read the answers you get from people who seem to be honestly trying to solve your red hot raging problems... 

8 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

curious

i downloaded the original text adventure

hunt the wumpus, you know not escape the wumpus but its real name -> hunt the wumpus

and i finished it 3 times by now

not once did i encounter your fibonacci not fibonacci thing... maybe you memory is playing with you?

Edited by camel
typo

4 minutes ago, camel said:

if you knew every solution in advance nothing in this universe would be a puzzle to you

and talking about things non-fibonacci: how about try and error? you know how early primates figured out how to use tools?

as your posts prove...not everything has to be logical, just incoherently yoinking letters at the internet is good enough for some people... for you at least...

would love if you tried to read the answers you get from people who seem to be honestly trying to solve your red hot raging problems... 

You can absolutely use trial and error. Absolutely. When you are unable to use logic and reason that’s all you would have left.  But when you study a puzzle enough, or have background knowledge (Fibonacci for example) then you can solve a puzzle without having to guess. 
  So why not just take a guess on the Wumpus then. Think about it. I said it’s a two digit code. We know it’s not 21. So you have a one in 89 chance at guessing it.

And no it’s not from “hunt the Wumpus”. I played that game as a kid- even modified it since it was programmed in BASIC. This puzzle has nothing to do with that game. 

Edited by Lord of the Long Dark

2 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

You can absolutely use trial and error. Absolutely. When you are unable to use logic and reason that’s all you would have left.  But when you study a puzzle enough, or have background knowledge (Fibonacci for example) then you can solve a puzzle without having to guess. 
  So why not just take a guess on the Wumpus then. Think about it. I said it’s a two digit code. We know it’s not 21. So you have a one in 89 chance at guessing it. 

again

i fear you are making that up

i played hunt the wumpus 

fun text adventure btw

theres no mention at all of your 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,not21 thing

Edited by camel
dangit typo

11 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

but since you, almighty puzzler 

allow me to use trial and error... "Absolutely"

here we go

the solution is: 10

the solution is: 11

the solution is:12

the solution is: 13

the solution is:14

the solution is: 15

the solution is: 16

the solution is:17

the solution is:18

the solution is:19

the solution is:20

the solution is:22

the solution is:23

the solution is:24

the solution is:25

the solution is:26

the solution is:27

the solution is:28

the solution is:29

the solution is:30

the solution is:31

the solution is:32

the solution is:33

the solution is:34

the solution is:35

the solution is:36

the solution is:37

the solution is:38

the solution is:39

the solution is:40

the solution is:41

the solution is:42

the solution is:43

the solution is:44

the solution is:45

the solution is:46

the solution is:47

the solution is:48

the solution is:49

the solution is:50

the solution is:51

the solution is:52

the solution is:53

the solution is:54

the solution is:55

the solution is:56

the solution is:57

the solution is:58

the solution is:59

the solution is:60

the solution is:61

the solution is:62

the solution is:63

the solution is:64

the solution is:65

the solution is:66

the solution is:67

the solution is:68

the solution is:69

the solution is:70

the solution is:71

the solution is:72

the solution is:73

the solution is:74

the solution is:75

the solution is:76

the solution is:77

the solution is:78

the solution is:79

the solution is:80

the solution is:81

the solution is:82

the solution is:83

the solution is:84

the solution is:85

the solution is:86

the solution is:87

the solution is:88

the solution is:89

the solution is:90

the solution is:91

the solution is:92

the solution is:93

the solution is:94

the solution is:95

the solution is:96

the solution is:97

the solution is:98

the solution is:99

im positive your 2-DIGIT solution is written above

Edited by camel
typo
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, camel said:

but since you, almighty puzzler 

allow me to use trial and error... "Absolutely"

here we go

the solution is: 10

the solution is: 11

the solution is:12

the solution is: 13

the solution is:14

the solution is: 15

the solution is: 16

the solution is:17

the solution is:18

the solution is:19

the solution is:20

the solution is:22

the solution is:23

the solution is:24

the solution is:25

the solution is:26

the solution is:27

the solution is:28

the solution is:29

the solution is:30

the solution is:31

the solution is:32

the solution is:33

the solution is:34

the solution is:35

the solution is:36

the solution is:37

the solution is:38

the solution is:39

the solution is:40

the solution is:41

the solution is:42

the solution is:43

the solution is:44

the solution is:45

the solution is:46

the solution is:47

the solution is:48

the solution is:49

the solution is:50

the solution is:51

the solution is:52

the solution is:53

the solution is:54

the solution is:55

the solution is:56

the solution is:57

the solution is:58

the solution is:59

the solution is:60

the solution is:61

the solution is:62

the solution is:63

the solution is:64

the solution is:65

the solution is:66

the solution is:67

the solution is:68

the solution is:69

the solution is:70

the solution is:71

the solution is:72

the solution is:73

the solution is:74

the solution is:75

the solution is:76

the solution is:77

the solution is:78

the solution is:79

the solution is:80

the solution is:81

the solution is:82

the solution is:83

the solution is:84

the solution is:85

the solution is:86

the solution is:87

the solution is:88

the solution is:89

the solution is:90

the solution is:91

the solution is:92

the solution is:93

the solution is:94

the solution is:95

the solution is:96

the solution is:97

the solution is:98

the solution is:99

im positive your 2-DIGIT solution is written above

for being the only one to solve your bs fibonacci non fibonacci puzzle, i request you like every single one of my now 41 posts

thank you

xoxo

Edited by camel
hot damn - typo

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You got it!!!!

You guessed 27 in that series of trial and error guesses and that is the correct number!!!! Ok good job man!!!

yes I remember “hunt the Wumpus”. I played it first on a TRS-80. The game was Sort of a predecessor to Zork- another game with really good solid logic puzzles where once you figured out the logic you could solve the puzzle through reasoning. OR you could just do it by trial and error as you did. I always found the former more satisfying though. That’s just me I guess because people on this thread don’t think so. 

1 minute ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

You guessed 27 in that series of trial and error guesses and that is the correct number!!!!

Ok good job man!!!

yes I remember “hunt the Wumpus”. Sort of a predecessor to Zork- another game with really good solid logic puzzles by the way. 

glad to have satisfied you

please describe to me logically how the solution is 27?

12 minutes ago, camel said:

glad to have satisfied you

please describe to me logically how the solution is 27?

Wait…. What!?!?!?

Explain the logic? What do you mean?  
ITS A GAME.  Come on man, are you serious?  In a game where there is no such thing as a Wumpus and you are trapped in a cave that has a code to enter before you can get out hahahahaha!! Where does that happen in real life LOL!!!! And you expect the puzzle in such a game with those ridiculous concepts is going to have a logical sequence?!?!

Stop being so serious man! Just because you know some math sequences doesn’t mean you have to take it seriously!  It’s just a puzzle in a silly game man!!

That’s what you said to me in page one of this thread when I said the game didn’t follow logical pressure mechanics. 
That’s what everyone said, in fact. 
Q.E.D.

Good night all. 

2 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Wait…. What!?!?!?

ITS A GAME.  Come on man, are you serious?  In a game where there is no such thing as a Wumpus and you are trapped in a cave that has a code to enter get out hahahahaha!! Where does that happen in real life LOL!!!! And you expect the puzzle in such a game with those ridiculous concepts is going to have a logical sequence?!?!

Stop being so serious man! Just because you know some math sequences doesn’t mean you have to take it seriously!  It’s just a puzzle in a silly game man!!

That’s what you said to me in page one of this thread when I said the game didn’t follow logical pressure mechanics. 

glad to read you acknowledging that

thanks

7 minutes ago, camel said:

glad to read you acknowledging that

thanks

Glad you saw you and everyone else were all wrong in your response. You spent way more time on Wumpus than I did on the steam levers. BECAUSE YOU TRIED TO SOLVE IT WITH CORRECT LOGIC. But the poor puzzle design makes it stupid. 
  You’re a smart guy though. That’s why I knew the Fibonacci sequence would get you. It’s the same as knowing pressure mechanics.  And you see how the excuse that “it’s just a game with other illogical facets” is a dumb response. 
 Thanks for playing. Sorry to trap you like that, but now you get it. 

4 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Glad you saw you were wrong in your response. You spent way more time on Wumpus than I did on the steam levers. Because you did it right at first. But the poor puzzle design makes it stupid. 
  You’re a smart guy though. That’s why I knew the Fibonacci sequence would get you. It’s the same as knowing pressure mechanics. 
 Thanks for playing. Sorry to trap you but now you get it. 

yet since we are talking about mac - you know an undying character in a game?

who survived a plane crash due to a magnetic storm, a number of bear attacks in canon and getting hit in the head multiple times with a metal (suit)case all within a few days, we have to agree we cannot hope for logical solutions to binary puzzles nor can we inject fluid dynamics?

rather just try and err until we're done?

Edited by camel
grammar...

14 minutes ago, camel said:

yet since we are talking about mac

who survived a plane crash due to a magnetic storm, a number of bear attacks in canon and getting hit in the head multiple times with a metal (suit)case all within a few days, we have to agree we cannot hope for logical solutions to binary puzzles nor can we inject fluid dynamics?

rather just try and err until we're done?

Incorrect. I just proved that to you. As I said before, puzzle logic is separate than game logic. Come on man. I just proved that.  And so did you.  Because You asked me to explain the puzzle logic.  Right into the trap, so easily. 
Q.E.D.

Just now, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Incorrect. I just proved that to you. As I said before, puzzle logic is separate than game logic. Come on man. I just proved that and so did you. 

nah you did the exact opposite

confronted with logic you started talking about 

its a game, there cannot be logic in a game containing a wumpus

since this forum is about a game containing undying characters, aggressive wolves, mythical bears and global magnetic events, we, by your own logic, cannot expect logic nor fluid dynamics

with your understanding

either everything is logical

or it contains a mythical wumbus

since you yourself didn't die when the bear ate you in ep2 (equal to your favored wumbus imo) we can not expect basic logic nor anything else further down the line

6 minutes ago, camel said:

And yet- you insisted on following the Fibonacci sequence.
And yet you did.

And yet, you also asked for an explanation on the logic after guessing correctly. 
 … And yet you did. 
Yes, and yet, so did others who tried to solve it logically. 
And yet, they did.
Q.E.D. 

Good night. 

13 minutes ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

And yet- you insisted on following the Fibonacci sequence.
And yet you did.

And yet, you also asked for an explanation on the logic after guessing correctly. 
 … And yet you did. 
Yes, and yet, so did others who tried to solve it logically. 
And yet, they did.
Q.E.D.

glad you edited that 

- good night -

in there

otherwise i wouldn't have known your done arguing 😘

On 10/10/2021 at 3:31 AM, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Um no it’s not 969.  You got eaten by the Wumpus.
I said it’s a 2 DIGIT code. Maybe try again with a 2 digit code..

On 10/10/2021 at 3:36 AM, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Looks like camel gives up. That’s Ok. Most do. Like I said almost no one solves it. Anyone else?

On 10/10/2021 at 5:02 AM, Lord of the Long Dark said:

I already said it’s not 21. You AGAIN got eaten by the Wumpus.  Just like almost everyone does. 
 Try again. It’s not 21. 
  You just said you are “truly intelligent” didn’t you? So why would you keep saying 21 when that’s not the answer??? Seriously, Why on earth would an intelligent person like you do that? I don’t get it.

I’ll give you (or anyone else) one more try and then I’ll give you the answer. Here’s some hints: don’t answer 21 lol!! And don’t answer something that isn’t 2 digits.

On 10/10/2021 at 5:02 AM, Lord of the Long Dark said:

I already said it’s not 21. You AGAIN got eaten by the Wumpus.  Just like almost everyone does. 
 Try again. It’s not 21. 
  You just said you are “truly intelligent” didn’t you? So why would you keep saying 21 when that’s not the answer??? Seriously, Why on earth would an intelligent person like you do that? I don’t get it.

I’ll give you (or anyone else) one more try and then I’ll give you the answer. Here’s some hints: don’t answer 21 lol!! And don’t answer something that isn’t 2 digits.

23 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

That’s a red herring. Did I call that or what folks. 
  Wanna try again and EXPLAIN THE PUZZLE LOGIC FOR THE STEAM PIPES. 
  Didn’t I say you wouldn’t. I 100% guaranteed it. 
  What does Fibonacci have to do with anything. Not just a red herring fallacy but a non-sequitar logic fallacy to boot lol.

Why don’t you solve the WUMPUS puzzle if you are so smart. 

22 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Don’t worry it’s my thread and I have it under control. All you need to do is just worry about randomly moving them steam levers til you guess right. 
  I am talking ONLY to those who use logic and reason when solving puzzles.  Especially those who want to solve my WUMPUS puzzle.  Those who just blindly hunt and peck at puzzle combos without any strategy won’t apply in this thread. Of course you are welcome to guess at the WUMPUS puzzle though. Maybe you’ll guess right. 

15 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Explain how the steam puzzle is a binary puzzle. Because it isn’t. So explain that. 
  And why do you keep saying the Wumpus puzzle is Fibonacci sequence. If it was the answer would be 21 and it isn’t. So it isn’t Fibonacci. Try again. The answer is not 21

On 10/10/2021 at 3:26 AM, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Nope it’s not 21. You got eaten by the Wumpus. Another of many who failed to solve the puzzle. 
  Try again? Anyone dare?

13 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

OMG. Yes the steam puzzle is binary in that it’s “on/off” switches silly. ITS KNOWING WHICH SWITCHES TO TURN ON AND OFF THAT MAKES THE PUZZLE. And you would know that either by guessing or by understanding pressure dynamics and the puzzle is inaccurate with pressure dynamics. 
  SMH. Just…. Wow. SMH. 
  Since you are so awesome at puzzles why can’t you solve the Wumpus. Hint: It’s not Fibonacci sequence so change your train of thought. That’s why everyone says 21 and gets it wrong. The answer is not 21. It is not based o. Fibonacci sequence. 

13 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

12 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

And no it’s not from “hunt the Wumpus”. I played that game as a kid- even modified it since it was programmed in BASIC. This puzzle has nothing to do with that game. 

You guessed 27 in that series of trial and error guesses and that is the correct number!!!! Ok good job man!!!

yes I remember “hunt the Wumpus”. I played it first on a TRS-80. The game was Sort of a predecessor to Zork- another game with really good solid logic puzzles where once you figured out the logic you could solve the puzzle through reasoning. OR you could just do it by trial and error as you did. I always found the former more satisfying though. That’s just me I guess because people on this thread don’t think so. 

Wait…. What!?!?!?

ITS A GAME.  Come on man, are you serious?  In a game where there is no such thing as a Wumpus and you are trapped in a cave that has a code to enter before you can get out hahahahaha!! Where does that happen in real life LOL!!!! And you expect the puzzle in such a game with those ridiculous concepts is going to have a logical sequence?!?!

Q.E.D.

Good night all. 

11 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

Oh, I was done as soon as you answered 21. It ended there my friend. For me at least. 

yep

totally over it... from the beginning - obviously

congrats for being the first twat to make it onto my ignore list 😘

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, camel said:

yep

totally over it... from the beginning - obviously

congrats for being the first twat to make it onto my ignore list 😘

Welcome to the club!🙂 and thanks for highlighting one of  his replies to me that I couldn't read because of said list! 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Welcome to the club!🙂 and thanks for highlighting one of  his replies to me that I couldn't read because of said list! 

It’s ok you all still got proven wrong not by me, but by Camel falling into my trap. That’s all that matters.

Deny it all you want but an illogical game still requires logic puzzles to follow sound or at least valid logic.