Bleak Inlet Access?

Sus-wolf

I need to get to the Bleak Inlet cannery from Coastal highway. Can I get there through ravine basin or is that blocked off?

I have 1 rope currently but I assume I would need 2 if it’s possible.

Edited by Sus-wolf

That's exactly the way to do it. You go down to the ravine basin and then transition into the top part of Bleak Inlet. You'll need to deploy a rope to get down from the top level and make sure to go the the Echo One radio tower and collect the note with the access code for the cannery workshop door. More often than not, you'll find a rope hanging outside the lookout tower in BI. 

As a side note, I gotta say I've grown to like Bleak Inlet and honestly I love it right now. The Timberwolves are not bad and having the ability to fully heal your tools using only a single piece of scrap metal is a game changer.  I don't need to save up my knife and hatchet anymore, it's very liberating. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan_ said:

That's exactly the way to do it. You go down to the ravine basin and then transition into the top part of Bleak Inlet. You'll need to deploy a rope to get down from the top level and make sure to go the the Echo One radio tower and collect the note with the access code for the cannery workshop door. More often than not, you'll find a rope hanging outside the lookout tower in BI. 

As a side note, I gotta say I've grown to like Bleak Inlet and honestly I love it right now. The Timberwolves are not bad and having the ability to fully heal your tools using only a single piece of scrap metal is a game changer.  I don't need to save up my knife and hatchet anymore, it's very liberating. 

Thanks. I just wanted to check before making the trek with all my gear. I had a rough day in Coastal highway and ran out of ammo. Killed 3 wolves and 1 bear within 24 (in game) hours. All of them were within 100ft of my base. lol.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:27 PM, Sus-wolf said:

Thanks. I just wanted to check before making the trek with all my gear. I had a rough day in Coastal highway and ran out of ammo. Killed 3 wolves and 1 bear within 24 (in game) hours. All of them were within 100ft of my base. lol.

If you've never been to the cannery before, while you're up there

don't forget to get the door code to the cannery from the radio tower building.

Edited by hozz1235

14 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

If you've never been to the cannery before, while you're up there

Hide contents

don't forget to get the door code to the cannery from the radio tower building.

I got it and spent some good last days in Bleak inlet, and made some ammo, before succumbing to my frost bite and a bear attack. 
 It was a 200 day run in total but I was at less than 50% health because of severe frostbite acquired in ash canyon. 
best time I’ve spent in Bleak Inlet. Previously I always got killed by wolves.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/29/2021 at 12:00 AM, Sus-wolf said:

. . .  Can I get there through ravine basin or is that blocked off?

The game is about finding your way around the place, not asking others how to get there.

25 minutes ago, acada said:

I wonder if there is way to goat down from the plateu if the rope is not hanging on the tower.

Give it a try.  Play the game not ask others what to do.

21 hours ago, peteloud said:

The game is about finding your way around the place, not asking others how to get there.

Give it a try.  Play the game not ask others what to do.

I’ve used the route twice before and twice since my post. I just forget sometimes and it sucks to have to go back through just to remember that I knew how too. I do agree about the exploration. I am currently exploring TWM and Ash canyon without assistance Of the forum, although it is there for that.

Edited by Sus-wolf

1 hour ago, Stinky socks said:

Isn't it ironic? To make ammo, you need to bring ammo with you? Quite possibly even more than you do in other regions..

Why not use a bow and fight like a real survivor? Arrow to the head!

I am actually in Ash Canyon now and have learned how to headshot wolves with the bow. I now find the rifle to be more of a convenience than a necessity. 

• Upvote 1