Endgame idea for survival mode (Fenn treasure style)

sonics01

I know, I know, the target of survival mode is to freely explore and endure until player character dies or player get bored. However, as a person who doesn't like the loose end, I think it would be great if there are few ways to actually finish the survival mode with proper ending.

1) It doesn't need to directly show everything or what happened to character during ending. Just make it open-ended. The point of ending should be a moment when a character leaves the Great Bear Island to outer world. Then, let player freely imagine what would happen after. 

2) Ending should not be forced to all players. Ending option should be included as an option like all other options for custom game. Then, all items and clues should be very tightly and carefully hidden with good difficult puzzles, and in very tough condition. (Fenn treasure's poem is actually a not an easy one to crack.) Make them very hard to acquire the hint or clues for such puzzle or mystery. Plus, even if player selected ending option, he or she should be able to continue the sandbox mode game. In other words, the ending should not be forced in the game. Players should be able to play sandbox mode as it is by their free will, even if the ending option is available. 

Here are two idea I have 

A. Hidden document for Inuit traditional wood boat design. 

The first clue is given to players from one of the polaroid pics. Then player visit there, then they find an dying note of people which wrote about wood boat design/blueprint. But these are written in poem, something like Fenn treasure note. Make weather also a very important condition for hint, just like how Fenn treasure has been found.  Like something only can be seen in dawn sunlight, or something only uncovered during rainy day... (https://www.king5.com/article/weather/accuweather/how-forrest-fenn-treasure-sacha-dent/507-f9921a90-9e38-4b81-92ae-e9feb0fddfd4

Once all clues are gathered and all ingredients are ready, player assemble the boat, and start voyage, with beautiful game ending screen and music. 

B. Hidden passage/cave leads to the road which leads to other survival group 

Similar with idea A, give players very rough clue about the existence of such passage/cave, and very very rough whereabouts. Broken message or broken radio communication or some military code and etc. Introduce a antenna/radio disc as a hidden item or ruined astronomical observatory of local university, at the very very top of the tall mountain. During aurora, some broken message arrives, looking for other survivors. Then let players decipher code, or fix the antenna, then find the clue one by one, step by step. Once they find all clues, let them clear the rocks and obstacles to clear the passage/cave. Then they leave the island, with beautiful game ending screen and music. 

There should be more interesting idea. Finding/solving hidden clue and mysterious message would double to fun of playing TLD. Look how many people are fascinated by Fenn treasure. 

Edited by sonics01
  • Upvote 1

I disagree...

As I mentioned in Milton Mailbag #36:

There is no "happily ever after" or "congratulations you win!" in survival mode and I would suggest there shouldn't be... After all death is the eventuality, no mater what.  Be it because we've given up, or due to tragic circumstances (most often brought on by our own bad decisions).  I really like the idea that once we get proficient with our survival tasks, that it's really up to us to find creative ways to just live in Great Bear on our own terms, and for how long.

and I followed up on it in another post:

On 4/18/2020 at 2:04 AM, ManicManiac said:

I'm not in favor of this idea because I think such a thing is already covered in Story Mode (where Hinterland is telling their story about Great Bear).  Story Mode is where I think "Congratulations, you WIN!" belongs; not in the Survivor Sandbox.

I feel that the survival sandbox should be just that... an open world for the player to live in, and through player choice (and through the gameplay/mechanics themselves) our own stories emerge.  Having a "rescue / escape" sort of "You WIN!" scenario, I think would horribly undermine what I think makes the Survival Sandbox so great.  I've been playing it consistently since the later part of 2014 (when I first discovered it on Steam).  I think as it is, the Survival Sandbox has infinite replayability very much because the story we get to experience is one that we craft.  I'm generally against anything that I feel would take away from that...

:coffee::fire:
...and I very much feel that this idea would take very much away from that.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

24 minutes ago, sonics01 said:

Ending should not be forced to all players. Ending option should be included as an option like all other options for custom game.

Fair enough...
but I still don't like the idea an "endgame/you WIN!" scenario in survival mode.

Edited by ManicManiac

6 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

but I still don't like the idea an "endgame/you WIN!" scenario in survival mode.

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. Obviously I played TLD less time then you but that aspect doesn't induce some sort of justification towards your opinion. I believe my opinion weighs same amount as yours.

Story mode is distinctively different from survival mode for many aspects. In survival mode, there are no NPCs to interact, there are no fixed story lines or quests to follow and finish. With proper and grand "end game" in survival mode, players will have a choice to finish the survival mode, with their own story and with their own ending. If any player who write an in-game journal of TLD in serious manner, this option will be great.  

I don't like current status of 'loose end' in survival mode, and it is not only me think like this. Even in interloper, once your character rolls large enough snowball and stacks up huge amount of supply and prepared for everything, then player will loose motivation and will give up this game or make a new character for a new play. Here are my justification for  "end game" as an selectable option

1) New motivation. 

I wish to give my character to achieve something at the end of the game. Even in interloper, once you leveled 5 every skill and stacks up enough supply to survive more than 1 year in TLD, then there's nothing to enjoy. In this case, small clues and mysteries for big puzzle of 'end game' will give a player enough challenge and more contents for players. They will travel around the map again to gather more clue and evidences. As a result, such "end game" will give new motivation and will give new hope, and will become a new aspect for better immersion.  

2) Reward.  

Not all players enjoy such "infinite replayability" like you. For me, I usually get bored. If I were in such situation of TLD character who are forced to be inside the infinite loop of harsh winter, I would get serious depression. Likewise, after the end of snowball, some people like me will get bored and they will uninstall game, or make a new character. The "primary" character, achieved so many things and survived this far with player, will be forgotten and will not be played, maybe forever. I don't think that is a proper ending for "primary" character. They deserves a proper ending. Those 'primary' characters deserve to se better end, even in this harsh unforgiving polygon world. 

However, I also agree that not all players in TLD (and interloper) rolls the snowball, and not all players enjoy TLD in same way. And I guess you are opposite from me. That is why I think the "end game" should be introduced as "selectable option". And even if such option is turned on, the game should not force players to walk towards the "end game" to the finish line. The "end game" should be introduced as purely optional. Opinion from players like you, who wish to enjoy survival mode as it is, should be respected.

On top of the options I wrote, maybe it would be better to introduce such "end game" option only in interloper difficulty setting and "harsh enough" or "interloper-grade" custom settings. I suggested 2 possible end game story line, but more the better. But there should be only one "end game" scenario should be available per each survival mode game. Any puzzle/mystery contents like mysterious codes or signs, which make players feels like Indiana Jones, will make this game much more interesting. They need to deduct what is the meaning of some phrases, they need to find out what would be the clue for this mystery. However such end game scenarios should not fantasy. Those end game scenarios should be realistic and should be within the goal/target of survival mode game = adapt and survive. 

I'm curious how devs think about such "end game" idea. I guess devs should have some big data about survival mode players behaves and ends their game, do players finish their survival mode game until the death of player? Or do they just give up and play other character or uninstall or etc. They should be able to analyze those aspects. Then they could decide, it would be better to invest manpower and budget for such grand "end game" option line in TLD survival mode. But I'm sure, many survival mode players will welcome such option. 

Edited by sonics01

31 minutes ago, sonics01 said:

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. Obviously I played TLD less time then you but that aspect doesn't induce some sort of justification towards your opinion.

I didn't use it as justification... I mentioned it for context.  My opinion stands on it's own.

31 minutes ago, sonics01 said:

I wish to give my character to achieve something at the end of the game.

I think that's the whole point though... WE have to give the character something to achieve in Survival Mode (because Great Bear Island doesn't care if we are here or not). :D
Folks that want victory conditions, they can set them for themselves, and end the game when they achieve them.
Likewise, players who want a "You Win" scenario can play the many challenges (or as I just mentioned, set challenges for themselves).

If a player gets bored, they can choose to end the game and start again... or move on to another game that they like better.  I mean, to each their own. :)

I think the thing about Survival Mode that some folks might be missing, is that the whole point is that death is the end of every run... it's the immutable eventuality.  As I said before:
"Death is the eventuality, no mater what.  Be it because we've given up, or due to tragic circumstances (most often brought on by our own bad decisions).  I really like the idea that once we get proficient with our survival tasks, that it's really up to us to find creative ways to just live in Great Bear on our own terms, and for how long."

That's it... how long I've been playing this game has nothing to do with that opinion.  It's just my opinion on the subject, and that's why I don't support the idea of an "endgame/You Win" scenario in the Survival Sandbox.  I don't think it belongs in Survival Mode.

We don't agree, and that's okay... we don't have to. :)
I'm not here to change your mind, I'm here to express my opinion of the ideas put forth.

I think this game gives the player far more agency than most folks are used to. :D

Edited by ManicManiac
Edited to use nutral terms.

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

If a player gets bored, they can choose to end the game and start again... or move on to another game that they like better.  I mean, to each their own. :)

That is the part what I really don't like... I believe the character (and player) both should be rewarded in some sort for all that achievements in this game. So my approach to "end game" is a some sort of reward (which should be a matter of choice, not forced), give some 'hope' to character (and player) of escaping GBI and dream the better future. Typical people loves "good ending" and I do believe such "end game" would positively increases good reactions and would achieve good sale.

For this reason, such "end game" contents should be initiated once character passes some conditions in interloper or tough custom games. Level up all skills to 5, clear the 90% of the map, kill specific number of animals and etc... Clues begins to gen on the random place of the map once the character met the 3 ~ 5 number of conditions to initiate "end game" Then let character (and player) search for more clues and more evidences and etc... Those conditions should not be opened and should be hidden. And I think it would be great to hide the existence of such "end game" contents. And random number generator should be involved. All youtubers and streamers spoil everything they could extract from this games, and fun of searching for hidden clues and mysteries would die easily. 

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

WE have to give the character something to achieve in Survival Mode (because Great Bear Island doesn't care if we are here or not). 

"Death is the eventuality, no mater what.  Be it because we've given up, or due to tragic circumstances (most often brought on by our own bad decisions).  I really like the idea that once we get proficient with our survival tasks, that it's really up to us to find creative ways to just live in Great Bear on our own terms, and for how long."

Yeah, it is true the mother nature (including GBI) does not care about what humans do at all "in reality". I also don't like some sort of 'divine intervention' or 'forced happy ending' type of story. However, this is just a game. TLD tried to being close to true outdoor reality and some part of contents really resembles what I experienced too. But not all.  So many things are simplified and differently modeled from what we call "real outdoor nature" for many reasons. TLD is already off from what we call "true mother nature", so I don't think TLD need to describe the harshness and ruthlessness of mother nature as they are. 

Well, you and I have very different point of view. For me, if I get proficient with my survival skills "in reality", I would not just stay there to wait until wolf or bear or coldness kills me. I would set up a new target, make a plan for next step, and try hard for the next goal. Otherwise, I would be dead of depression before nature of GBI kills me... And for me, that "next goal" includes search for other survivors or search for way to escape from GBI and heading to other locations where I would likely to find other survivors.

You are right, death is the eventual irreversible end for all human beings and livings, no matter what. That is the same for people who would stay in GBI, and people who choose the expedition for looking for other survivors and figure out what happened to the Earth. No matter what we choose, death will come. Chances of death would be equal. Then I would try expedition and challenge, rather than stay in the GBI. So I do believe this 'end game' option belongs to survival mode. 

Edited by sonics01

I was not aware of the Fenn treasure hunt before reading your post, thank you for inadvertently sharing this amazing piece of trivia! I've got some googling and reading to do now!

The endgame idea is appealing but the treasure hunt is even more appealing gameplay wise in itself. 

Imagine if instead of finding an out of Great bear, the hunt leads you to a rare item like a native-built cloak made from the hide of the legendary white stag, it offers special abilities ( reducing your detection range for wolves as a stealth enhancer,  or better weatherproofing for example ) or a prized bowie knife or proper felling axe with increased durability and artsy design? 

3 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

I was not aware of the Fenn treasure hunt before reading your post, thank you for inadvertently sharing this amazing piece of trivia! I've got some googling and reading to do now!

The endgame idea is appealing but the treasure hunt is even more appealing gameplay wise in itself. 

Imagine if instead of finding an out of Great bear, the hunt leads you to a rare item like a native-built cloak made from the hide of the legendary white stag, it offers special abilities ( reducing your detection range for wolves as a stealth enhancer,  or better weatherproofing for example ) or a prized bowie knife or proper felling axe with increased durability and artsy design? 

It is fun story. Some people involve themselves too seriously and too deeply to Fenn's treasure. And some people lost their lives during the search, and even police and state recommended him to stop treasure hunt. 

But I do believe the act of solving mystery, code, and hidden meaning, something like Fenn's treasure poem would work in TLD. Rare item can be a good idea too. But I choose to link with "end game" because I think the character (and player) achieved that much and survived that long deserve some sort of "reward" from TLD. And personally, no better rewards would be better than solving mystery for the world out there and 'hope'. 

But again, rare item would be a good idea too. But the spec of rare item should be carefully controlled, not to break the game balance. Some experts in TLD says even interloper is too easy... But it would be fun. I would love to see other rifles as rare item, or speical-skin "looks cool" Lee-Enfield rifle, or specially engraved hunting knife or etc... 

And a lot of part for 'hints' or 'clues' should be randomized, and carefully hidden. I think devs should not even disclose about detail of patch for such "hidden clues" or "hidden rare items" or "hidden mystery". Just give very tiny tiny hint, and let players deduct and find and figure out everything, just like Fenn did. Any opened "secret contents" will be broadcasted and opened to YT and Twitch and that will be no more "secret contents".  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sonics01 said:

But again, rare item would be a good idea too. But the spec of rare item should be carefully controlled, not to break the game balance. Some experts in TLD says even interloper is too easy... But it would be fun. I would love to see other rifles as rare item, or speical-skin "looks cool" Lee-Enfield rifle, or specially engraved hunting knife or etc... 

And a lot of part for 'hints' or 'clues' should be randomized, and carefully hidden. I think devs should not even disclose about detail of patch for such "hidden clues" or "hidden rare items" or "hidden mystery". Just give very tiny tiny hint, and let players deduct and find and figure out everything, just like Fenn did. Any opened "secret contents" will be broadcasted and opened to YT and Twitch and that will be no more "secret contents".  

Well, I'm no expert ( not like Kimiota, for example ) in the game but Interloper is really easy once you get the hang of it. As long as you weigh in the risk-taking it's really hard to die, that or you take an ill prepared survivor to bleak inlet with only a few arrows to his name. 🤣

I agree that any potential rewards have to be carefully set up in order to not spoil the game balance. In all honesty, there are many ways to "game" the mechanics and make the game considerably easier ( looking at you skills tree ). The engraved hunting knife would be a cool addition, I always wanted Jeremiah's knife skin to be in the game. Having an endgame exit of the island would be cool as well, but I suspect it is something that is coming with the conclusion of story mode. 

Also, agree that any kind of scavenger hunt would preclude me from watching any streams or even visiting some of the forums here, no value in losing the feeling of unravelling the mystery at first. 

The only "endgame" I would agree with for sandbox would be to die of old age. That is the only eventuality that none can escape.  If you meet this, I think you should at least get a screen thanking you for playing :D

That being said, these are some pretty good ideas, and I enjoyed reading this thread.  I'd not be opposed to a sort of mystery to be unlocked to be "saved" from GBI, but I also think it should have big requirements for it to happen, and obviously make it optional or able to be failed - people in real life sometimes don't get "clues" even when they're staring at them.

I too would *love* a non-death ending option for Survival mode.

I've loved Wintermute. And am enjoying Survival mode... just can't shake the sadness that it will all ultimately lead to death. 😥

If it was an option then people could take it or leave it.

In the reality of The Long Dark...even escaping Great Bear Island would only introduce you to the reality that the flare hit everywhere...and there was really nothing to escape to. There is no happy ending...only a bittersweet one.

"Ha ha goodbye Great Bear!" Arrives on mainland to find everything the same: "You've got to be kidding me!"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, wilsonaka said:

The only "endgame" I would agree with for sandbox would be to die of old age. That is the only eventuality that none can escape.  If you meet this, I think you should at least get a screen thanking you for playing :D

On 6/29/2020 at 12:48 PM, RossBondReturns said:

In the reality of The Long Dark...even escaping Great Bear Island would only introduce you to the reality that the flare hit everywhere...and there was really nothing to escape to. There is no happy ending...only a bittersweet one.

I think this is just because of different point of view to see survival mode game. I disagree with you guys, but at the same time, your ideas are not wrong as well, my opinion is just my opinion. There is no correct answer for this issue in fact IMHO. I just don't like the loose end, and I believe the character and player deserve better ending after very long survival, so I think end game option can be a very good reward which a player can choose as a purely selectable option

Maybe, it would be better to introduce such "end game" option to be activated at the random point of after 500+ days of survival mode, only from interloper or interloper-grade games. Or maybe from Stalker. This way, "end game as a reward" become more valuable. And "end game" option itself can be a good "late game" contents. Of course, apart from "end game", more "late game option" for survival mode should be introduced, new maps, new wildlife, more crafting, and item customization... I think we all can agree with that point, right? 

One thing though, I never said it would be happy ending, but it would be more "open ending". No one knows what will happen.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, wilsonaka said:

That being said, these are some pretty good ideas, and I enjoyed reading this thread.  I'd not be opposed to a sort of mystery to be unlocked to be "saved" from GBI, but I also think it should have big requirements for it to happen, and obviously make it optional or able to be failed - people in real life sometimes don't get "clues" even when they're staring at them.

Good point too, these "hidden gems" should be randomized or at least diversified in different ways, so no one can just follow YT or Twitch, and should be challenge enough to deduct. Also, requirements to activate such options should be high enough, so that players can feel the "reward". I really wish rare-skin items, such as rare-skin rifle or hunting knife as a reward. 

On 6/26/2020 at 6:36 PM, Sherri said:

And am enjoying Survival mode... just can't shake the sadness that it will all ultimately lead to death.

Yeah, that is the point I feel the same too. I invested so many times to specific survival mode characters, and it is too sad that the only way to "properly finish" that character is death, or give up and uninstall, or forget him/her and play a new one.... 

Edited by sonics01
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bump of the old post.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/us/forrest-fenn-dead.html

Forrest Fenn, who gave me an idea for this post, passed away. RIP...
I still think contents like these will enrich TLD experience in many level. Survival mode is the key of the TLD, so if such contents are introduced in survival mode, then playtime of TLD will be increased. For example, if there is a condition like "player should survived 500 days" to initiate the puzzle/treasure/endgame contents, then contents like these will be a great motivation to keep playing and survive in sandbox mode. Contents like these should be optional, not railroaded, for all people who don't like this. Quest/puzzle should be well randomized and very difficult, so that they should be possible to fail, and should not allow anyone to clear just following YT and Twitch. 

Edited by sonics01

It's an slightly unfortunate reality that the Hinterland are best developing content that all players will benefit from which cannot be said of really late game content. But in a survival game there is a real case for longer term objectives. Currently the achievements, and player created ones, are all we have. It's a lovely on-theme suggestion though! 

It's a sandbox, folks... and I think it should stay a sandbox.

I think that if folks want "story," "objectives/missions," and "endings" ... then I think that's what the story &  challenge modes are for.

I don't think we need to stuff survival mode with a bunch of (what I would consider to be) extraneous bloat, just because some players can't "find enough to do..." (and no, I'm not referring to anyone specific in this thread... but I am citing a common gripe some players have/try to use as justification when this subject is brought up)   *I think this is a player issue... not a game issue.  I don't think a developer should have to "fix" player behavior in a sandbox.*

I don't think the right answer to have Hinterland prompt the player into action in survival (I think the character's basic needs are the only driving forces we need in this mode).  I think that in the sandbox the onus should be on the player.  I think the name of the mode says it pretty nicely... It's Survival Mode, so the objective ought to be simply survival, and I think the rest should all be up to the player (a.k.a. Player Choice :))

also:

On 6/23/2020 at 2:49 AM, ManicManiac said:

I think that's the whole point though... WE have to give the character something to achieve in Survival Mode (because Great Bear Island doesn't care if we are here or not). :D
Folks that want victory conditions, they can set them for themselves, and end the game when they achieve them.
Likewise, players who want a "You Win" scenario can play the many challenges (or as I just mentioned, set challenges for themselves).

I think the thing about Survival Mode that some folks might be missing, is that the whole point is that death is the end of every run... it's the immutable eventuality.  As I said before:

That's it... how long I've been playing this game has nothing to do with that opinion.  It's just my opinion on the subject, and that's why I don't support the idea of an "endgame/You Win" scenario in the Survival Sandbox.  I don't think it belongs in Survival Mode.

I think this game gives the player far more agency than most folks are used to.

The more this subject repeats itself... the more I've really come to really dislike the idea of "endings" or "side quests" in survival.
I think if folks want those things... that's what Wintermute and the Challenges are for.

Don't get me wrong... I'd love to see more Challenges, but I'd ask Hinterland to not integrate that sort of stuff into Survival Mode.  I say we just let the sandbox, be the sandbox.

Edited by ManicManiac
Edited for clarification

9 hours ago, Stone said:

It's an slightly unfortunate reality that the Hinterland are best developing content that all players will benefit from which cannot be said of really late game content. But in a survival game there is a real case for longer term objectives. Currently the achievements, and player created ones, are all we have. It's a lovely on-theme suggestion though! 

Indeed. The achievements you mentioned are not enough IMO. Not all players feels the same towards this game, and not all players are agreeing with the definition of the sandbox. I don't know what HL and Raph feel and think about this issue, but even if they oppose from my idea, I don't think they are right and I'm wrong. And I don't think I'm right and they are wrong. 

All I'm asking is an option. More option of enjoying this game from different perspective. New contents I and others suggested regarding treasure hunt and end game IN THE SURVIVLA MODE will definitely increase sales and playtime and replayability of TLD. Because the key of TLD is the survival mode. "The same old TLD" we know now is losing to all other survival genre games in steamdb and steam chart, and I don't think HL is a company who satisfies with such status. Based on deleted old "roadmap" of TLD, HL's imagination and vision is not that bad. Hope they make a new good late game contents so that all players can enjoy this game. 

Posts deleted.

Let's just relax a bit. It's fine for everyone to share their view on the forums, that's the point. If you don't agree with someone else's view politely state why, but there's no need for insults.

One thing that is important is that everyone feels that they have a space here to share their views. Going forward it might be more useful to see other people's posts or threads with suggestions as an opportunity to look at the game in a new way and put yourself in the shoes of another type of player. Rather than dismissing something because you like how it is, it might be useful to see how an interesting idea or addition could make the game better.

So rather than ending a conversation with "Here's why that won't work" it get broadened and becomes more inclusive with a "That's a good idea but how about this as well?"

Or "Interesting idea how would you deal with X?" 

Look for opportunities to continue the conversation rather than shutting it down.

Thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Admin said:

Posts deleted.

Let's just relax a bit. It's fine for everyone to share their view on the forums, that's the point. If you don't agree with someone else's view politely state why, but there's no need for insults.

One thing that is important is that everyone feels that they have a space here to share their views. Going forward it might be more useful to see other people's posts or threads with suggestions as an opportunity to look at the game in a new way and put yourself in the shoes of another type of player. Rather than dismissing something because you like how it is, it might be useful to see how an interesting idea or addition could make the game better.

So rather than ending a conversation with "Here's why that won't work" it get broadened and becomes more inclusive with a "That's a good idea but how about this as well?"

Or "Interesting idea how would you deal with X?" 

Look for opportunities to continue the conversation rather than shutting it down.

Thanks.

I replied to this post which I think it is OK but that is also deleted. But why do you keep deleting my post without doing any action against that troll's post? 

19 minutes ago, sonics01 said:

I replied to this post which I think it is OK but that is also deleted. But why do you keep deleting my post without doing any action against that troll's post? 

Your posts, both which were deleted, were aggressive and insulting. You misread our original post and are now arguing with us against the forum guidelines.

We are offering advice to both yourself and @ManicManiac about how to better engage on the forums which includes neither of you shutting down other people's ideas and allowing more space for people to have their ideas and share their suggestions without jumping on them with critical feedback. There was nothing wrong with your original posts but you've decided to continually insult a fellow forum user. 

So having not managed to get our point across with our first post here are more direct requests:

• @ManicManiac please if you find that your replies are upsetting someone give them space 
  • @sonics01 remember that people are just trying to discuss your topic with you and if everyone just agreed with you it wouldn't be that interesting a conversation. Also do not insult people or call them names.

The next stage of this is a thread lock, so please both take this advice. 

Thank you.

I'm probably a week new to this game and have only just completed Episode 1. I will start survival once completed with all Wintermute. 

I love this discussion. I definitely will keep the treasure hunt in my back pocket. I like the idea of an optional end game scenario. I cant wait to play survival! 

On 6/22/2020 at 5:19 PM, ManicManiac said:

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Fair enough...

Hmmm. i am a little bit triggered with that answer... How on earth could it bother you if is is an option? it takes 3 seconds to disactivate before lauching a new save and you live your life... To give a caricature example: if there were spaceships in this game, i would not like it. but if it is an option why i would i be against it? i do what i want thats the idea of the long dark for me. so if is is fair enough like you say, agree with thoses propositions beacause it wont affect you, but it could affect others.

have a nice day

Edited by oplli