Bug Report

dissonance

1.Time Magic

Wildlife no longer accelerating during accelerated time.

2.Understeer

Predators don't have the flexibility to steer even at a low speeds.

3.Cancel Button

This mysterious button gives you fast upgrades, unlimited energy, and unlimited recovery.

4.Recycled Cat Tail Stalk

Throw cat tail stalk on the ground and pick them up again, and the calorie count will return to 150.

5.Unlimited Matches

No.-1, lighting only.

6.Carcass Harvesting Rapid Upgrade

The skill proficiency calculation for carcass harvesting is buggy.

• Like 1

7.Never Freeze

The Ravaged Wolf Carcass spawned by the system won't freeze until you investigate it.

I'm not a good English speeking, So I recorded some videos to description bugs.
But on the report website's attachments must be less than 20 MB.So I had to put them here.
Does anyone have access to the Hinterland?

Edited by dissonance
  • Upvote 2

Perfectly clear report, to my opinion.
I can confirm the "understeer" bug, having played "catch me if you can" with a running moose around a tree.

I'm not sure to understand your question, but if you're asking if anybody can share it with Hinterland, if think @Admin can take the actions required.

by the way, I like the Chinese interface for the skills, as shown in the first video. I may give it a try even if I can't read it 😃

Edited by LkP
  • Upvote 2

Nice to report, your videos are very explicit 👍

I a not worried by exploits though. Since this is not a multigamer game, you only ruin your own game by using them.

There is room for wildlife behavior for sure, yet, algorithms have their limits and there's always a way to derail them.

At some point, whether you go for a physical model FPS fight style, or you rely upon probabilty a wolf will catch you when close enough. My guess is that the lack of ability for the wolf to catch you should be adressed with probability.

I was curious, so I tried the cancel-button bug for research on a new sandbox. I leveled up my Rifle firearm(I found guns guns guns!) to 2 normally, and then tried the bug with the Frontier shooting guide. It didn't work. The book disappeared, and my research level did not change (book reappears when entering the building or quitting/reloading after sleep).

Ice fishing worked at level 1.
Archery worked at level 1.

My curiosity was sated. I just thought I'd chime in with my experience.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, wilsonaka said:

I was curious, so I tried the cancel-button bug for research on a new sandbox. I leveled up my Rifle firearm(I found guns guns guns!) to 2 normally, and then tried the bug with the Frontier shooting guide. It didn't work. The book disappeared, and my research level did not change (book reappears when entering the building or quitting/reloading after sleep).

Ice fishing worked at level 1.
Archery worked at level 1.

My curiosity was sated. I just thought I'd chime in with my experience.

Test for level 2 Rifle firearm,It worked this time.

I don't know if it will work stable in all situations, after all it is a bug.

17 hours ago, LkP said:

Perfectly clear report, to my opinion.
I can confirm the "understeer" bug, having played "catch me if you can" with a running moose around a tree.

I'm not sure to understand your question, but if you're asking if anybody can share it with Hinterland, if think @Admin can take the actions required.

by the way, I like the Chinese interface for the skills, as shown in the first video. I may give it a try even if I can't read it 😃

Thanks for the mention.

@Admin   I don't know if they can see it.

The Chinese version of this game has some translation problems.

Such as Log Sort in CH,It's been translated into 湖边小镇,which means town of lakeside😂

Edited by dissonance

15 hours ago, JMK said:

Nice to report, your videos are very explicit 👍

I a not worried by exploits though. Since this is not a multigamer game, you only ruin your own game by using them.

There is room for wildlife behavior for sure, yet, algorithms have their limits and there's always a way to derail them.

At some point, whether you go for a physical model FPS fight style, or you rely upon probabilty a wolf will catch you when close enough. My guess is that the lack of ability for the wolf to catch you should be adressed with probability.

Yes,I agree.

These bugs weren't serious enough to crash the game,So they'll have a lower priority to fix.

But with these bugs fixed, this game will be better😄

• Upvote 1

As noted please contact us at thelongdark.com/support and file bug reports for any issues. That's much easier for us to track, and allows us to reach out to you to investigate. If you want to share videos then you can link back to this thread where you've got the videos posted.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Admin said:

As noted please contact us at thelongdark.com/support and file bug reports for any issues. That's much easier for us to track, and allows us to reach out to you to investigate. If you want to share videos then you can link back to this thread where you've got the videos posted.

Thanks, already sent an email again,with the link of this thread.

2 hours ago, dissonance said:

Thanks, already sent an email again,with the link of this thread.

I'm curious: How did you add that button overlay to the screen? Is that part of some video streaming/recording software?

On 6/21/2020 at 11:36 PM, dissonance said:

Test for level 2 Rifle firearm,It worked this time.

I don't know if it will work stable in all situations, after all it is a bug.

Alright. It works for you there. I tried an organic start...  I tried about 12 times before I gave up on the rifle skill.  Perhaps there's a variable that we're not thinking of? Like picking up the book before it's used?  Also, The many times it worked for me on other skills was by cancelling right before the 1 hour of research was complete.