Other things I've noticed about Errant Pilgrim Update

hozz1235

8 hours ago, Makex said:

After this very latest update 1.69 on PS4 when you have visited workshop you can not do anything other than bullet related stuff. No more wolfskin jacket for me.

That's strange.  The patch notes for 1.69 are very clear on this:  " [Gameplay] Fixed non-interactive Workbench found in the cannery. It is now usable. "  So, there should be a working workbench somewhere in the cannery.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

That's strange.  The patch notes for 1.69 are very clear on this:  " [Gameplay] Fixed non-interactive Workbench found in the cannery. It is now usable. "  So, there should be a working workbench somewhere in the cannery.

I have custom voyageur without anykind of wolfs and few other modifications. Yeah i am a noob i know. I just wanted to explore the new region without wolfs.

Anyway..

Once you have selected bullet workbench and go back you can not do anything other than bullet stuff. Everything else is missing from the drawings list.

There is that "normal" workbench and it is working just fine now. For me at least.

Edit: Forgot to mention that you have to shut down game complieatly and after that it is back to normal and you can do bandages and other stuff.

Edited by Makex
Forgot to mention one more thing.

4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Hey, don't worry about it - play the game the YOU want to not how other's think you should!

Thanks for the support. I tried it with timberwolfs but i could't get anywhere without getting badly injured or worse.

Other thing that happened in inlet was bear climbed roof top when he was chasing me. From ground to roof. Building was in that factory employee place.

18 hours ago, Makex said:

Has the hut always had a door? I don't remember seen any doors with that hut. Location: Coastal highway

Is that a new game since Errant Pilgrim or an older save?  I'm on an Interloper run (started after Errant Pilgrim) at that same place, and that hut does not have a door for me.  Do huts spawn with or without doors in different games, or maybe at different game levels?  I guess I've never paid attention other than one hut in Mystery Lake that always has a door.

Edited by MrWolf

On 12/20/2019 at 12:46 PM, Makex said:

Once you have selected bullet workbench and go back you can not do anything other than bullet stuff. Everything else is missing from the drawings list.

Happened to me too, took me some time to understand... It's just that the ammo workbench let the menu to the ammo selection. When moving to the 'normal' workbench, you have to switch the filters (bottom left of the workbench menu)

On 12/27/2019 at 2:40 PM, MrWolf said:

Is that a new game since Errant Pilgrim or an older save?  I'm on an Interloper run (started after Errant Pilgrim) at that same place, and that hut does not have a door for me.  Do huts spawn with or without doors in different games, or maybe at different game levels?  I guess I've never paid attention other than one hut in Mystery Lake that always has a door.

It is new game since update. You might to up to something about difficulty levels and hut doors. I started new interloper and was going to look is there the door or not, but i think i don't get that far because cabin fever messes my characters head  and i don't find cave to sleep in. Cabin fever is hard to handle in poor weather and without warm clothes :)

On 12/27/2019 at 3:18 PM, LkP said:

Happened to me too, took me some time to understand... It's just that the ammo workbench let the menu to the ammo selection. When moving to the 'normal' workbench, you have to switch the filters (bottom left of the workbench menu)

I thought i tried that menu selection but i am not so sure anymore. Have to try that again next time i visit Bleak Inlet. Thanks.

Okay. A new thing I just noticed last night while playing:

I got stuck out in a blizzard, full-on whiteout conditions. I passed a location, and the location name came up on screen. I thought I had a bug, the name was displayed in a peachy-orange color, on the almost pure white background. Then my needs warmth meter came up on the HUD. Also in the same color. (The same color, basically, as the background of the new Straight To The Heart Feat badge, would be the closest I can describe it as.) Stayed up, since it was 3 arrows down. (I use a Contextual HUD.). Another location name as I passed another location . Same thing. The blizzard started to let up, and the HUD automatically (and gradually) changed back to white. 

It appears that they made the HUD auto-shift to a contrasting color, so the white meters and location names have some contrast on a white background, instead of getting lost. It wasn't "in-your-face" high contrast, just enough that I could see the HUD in white-out conditions. And nothing else on screen had any color-shift, it all looked as expected. Hoping this makes sense, the way I am describing it. I did not get a screenshot, sadly. I was too blown away to think to hit the [F12] key, lol. I know the white color of the HUD on a pure white background was something I have seen complaint threads written about on Steam, so... it makes sense to me that this is not a bug, but intended. Next blizzard I get my gal caught out in, I will try to remember to take a screenshot showing it, because I am sure someone out there is thinking I am nuts, or have a bug. If it is a bug, it's one I want left in the game, lol. It was really cool.

(And yes, that fishing hut next to the fishing Camp will sometimes have a door, and sometimes not,  just like which hut on Mystery Lake has a door will change from save to save. It's been that way in the game for a long time, not just since this latest update.)

Edited by ThePancakeLady

On 12/28/2019 at 9:28 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

(And yes, that fishing hut next to the fishing Camp will sometimes have a door, and sometimes not,  just like which hut on Mystery Lake has a door will change from save to save. It's been that way in the game for a long time, not just since this latest update.)

I should have read this before previous post.

I just noticed this path through the rocks.  I'm at the Lake Overlook in Mystery Lake.  The lake is behind me, the cave is to the upper right, and the rope climb is off to the right.  If I wanted to go to the derailment or the lookout tower from here, I would go downhill to the left, around the rocks, and back up again.  This is a nice shortcut.

ml_overlook_path.png.06a1a141f795ef4875b01c691ff5b4d4.png

13 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I just noticed this path through the rocks.  I'm at the Lake Overlook in Mystery Lake.  The lake is behind me, the cave is to the upper right, and the rope climb is off to the right.  If I wanted to go to the derailment or the lookout tower from here, I would go downhill to the left, around the rocks, and back up again.  This is a nice shortcut.

There is a lot of high ground in ML. It's worth checking all of it out if you can. Some of those tree-clothed plateaus have a LOT of firewood on them.

From there try following all the high ground along the right side of the river travelling towards the dam until you get to the little pond area with the deer just shy of the trailers. You get some cool views on weird little corners of the map by doing that. It's also awesome for avoiding wolves; even if they become aware of you, it's hard for them to path to you up there.

51 minutes ago, stratvox said:

From there try following all the high ground along the right side of the river travelling towards the dam until you get to the little pond area with the deer just shy of the trailers. You get some cool views on weird little corners of the map by doing that. It's also awesome for avoiding wolves; even if they become aware of you, it's hard for them to path to you up there.

Yep, it's a good route, I've used it a lot.  Wolves don't normally go up there, but I've been growled at up there when carrying smelly things.  I've just never seen that little path, so I assumed it's new.  That area is my usual route between Camp Office and the dam.  Only nowadays, I expect a sprain or four going over that terrain.