[Bleak Inlet] The locked workshop at the Cannery Pier

Morrick

On 12/24/2019 at 3:49 PM, MarrowStone said:

The code is 1540, but there's no zero on the keypad. How does that work?

It works once Hinterland realize and change the note or artwork of the keypad.
But it really works because the coding is locked to the need of having the note with the code in your inventory and not actually typing it into the keypad.

2 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

It works once Hinterland realize and change the note or artwork of the keypad.

Yeah, from an animator's perspective they'll most likely change the note. If they change the keypad then that number has some sort of special importance. 

Story Mode Spoilers:

Speaking of special importance. Anyone notice the books and writing in the firewatch tower are on chemistry? The graphs remind me of Astrid's work as well.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:38 PM, GH1 said:

Having waited for 40 (yes 40) days after getting the code and 8 batteries, there is still no aurora and I am getting really p***** off.

Why am I stuck? I have used up virtually all the available firewood and killed/eaten 2 moose and 4 deer so far.

Really, really fed up now.

Any advice???

Same, I waited 50 days and no aurora. From what I understand after reading steam forum, I might have an old save from before the aurora introduction in the game and it's somehow prevent aurora from spawning. It 's true that during my 200 in game day I don't remember having encounter an aurora, never caused a problem until this new locked door.

If anyone knows how to fix this I'll take it but I think we are screwed for now.

Yeah, there are a lot of things I find "wrong" or "disappointing" about this map.  For example, now we have timberwolves, but when you kill one, the hide appears to b the same as a regular one after you harvest the carcass.  Same goes to their weight.  I would have expected a few more kilos considering their formidable size in the game.   The key pad is another minor irritation, forget about the game mechanics, the  missing  zero is just sloppy artwork as it detracts from the otherwise immersive elements normally present in the game.  they could have just made the code 1549 in the story and it would been right on point. am i right?  For me, another disappointment was lack of a bed in the workshop itself.  not a deal breaker by any stretch, but you'd figure that given the effort it takes to gain access to the workshop once your there, your probably going to want to stay there for while.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2019 at 12:59 AM, piddy3825 said:

Yeah, there are a lot of things I find "wrong" or "disappointing" about this map.  For example, now we have timberwolves, but when you kill one, the hide appears to b the same as a regular one after you harvest the carcass.  Same goes to their weight.  I would have expected a few more kilos considering their formidable size in the game.   The key pad is another minor irritation, forget about the game mechanics, the  missing  zero is just sloppy artwork as it detracts from the otherwise immersive elements normally present in the game.  they could have just made the code 1549 in the story and it would been right on point. am i right?  For me, another disappointment was lack of a bed in the workshop itself.  not a deal breaker by any stretch, but you'd figure that given the effort it takes to gain access to the workshop once your there, your probably going to want to stay there for while.  

Thats why u bring a bedroll - and u can find a bear bedroll on the map somewhere - might not be there on interlopper though but i found it on stalker, albeit i had my own bear bedroll to begin with :D

There is also a bed nearby in another building. You have to open a door to find it

Edited by exeexe

On 12/29/2019 at 8:59 PM, piddy3825 said:

Same goes to their weight.  I would have expected a few more kilos considering their formidable size in the game

I noticed that they are a bit heavier. I took meat from one yesterday that weighed 7 kg. None black wolf weighs that. maximum 6 kg and on average about 3.5 kg

On 3/2/2020 at 6:48 PM, Ernesto_Sorona said:

I noticed that they are a bit heavier. I took meat from one yesterday that weighed 7 kg. None black wolf weighs that. maximum 6 kg and on average about 3.5 kg

Yeah, honestly I was surprised initially when my first two kills harvested out to 3.5 and 5 kilos respectively, when I made that post back in December.  upon resuming gameplay, however,  subsequent kills definitely yield more meat when harvested.  Last couple of times me and Timmy tangled I was getting solid 6+ kilo harvests.  Game just seems  to continue to improve with each passing day, doesn't it?  :wolf: