New corpse appeared in previously looted building

Swales

TLD just threw something VERY creepy at me. I don't have a way to prove it, but this dead guy in the bank vault?

VaultCorpseSurprise.thumb.png.e15a7534e568af33a3f498e623f6c701.png

He wasn't here when I looted the bank a few days ago. Same save, same game, I hadn't even left the Milton region. I cleared out the bank vault several days before this screenshot and I remember that the corpse wasn't there. Got an aurora while sleeping in the big Milton house, grabbed my flashlight, and dashed across the street-- because I am a sucker for those buffer memories-- and here he was.

What the heck?!! Has this happened to anyone else?

• Like 1

Yup, I recognize the "bank robber" from some of my other saves, too-- he tends to spawn with a few wads of cash in his pockets, sometimes with a knife near his hand. He was definitely missing on my first pass through the bank. I spent a few days hunting/camping in the Milton Basin, then on return, here he was. Maybe it had to do with being far enough away from the town for long enough? Did I miss the chance to meet the only other person alive (well, briefly, anyway) on this frozen island?

There was one other time I found a surprise like that in MT. I was playing a survival game and made my way through the cave above Spruce Falls Bridge to loot the crashed plane (this was before Redux). Re-entering the cave to come home, there was a brand-new ravaged wolf carcass on the cave floor right before the Spruce Falls exit. Maybe it's meant to be the bear's latest kill, reminding the player to tread lightly on the bridge lest they meet a similar fate.

The MT region may have a few unique time-delayed spawns triggered by player activity.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 7:52 PM, Swales said:

Got an aurora while sleeping in the big Milton house, grabbed my flashlight, and dashed across the street-- because I am a sucker for those buffer memories-- and here he was.

Maybe the aurora does more than just power up the electricity........

37 minutes ago, Fuarian said:

I've seen him before. But I've never had him show up later in the game. It's creepy as hell and I love it. I've seen something like this happen before, but it was for a dead wolf in a cave. Now THIS is what we need more of. Listen up @Raphael van Lierop

Is the wolf that appeared in the cave beyond the bridge in Mountain Town?  I just had it happen to me.  The dead wolf definitely wasn't there when I walked into the cave.  I slept overnight at the campfire spot at the back end of it, and when I walked back out the way I came in (as opposed to exiting and shinnying down the cliff to the pond above the Radio Tower), the dead wolf was suddenly there.

This also happened to me on a new game I just started in BR. I looted the entire region, including the Garage. I went to FM and then ML and came back to BR after about 4 days, entered the Garage and near the back door face down was a unlooted dead guy. 

• Upvote 1