STEADFAST RANGER - any pre-update info, patchnotes, or loot-safety warnings?

Gazbeard

Wow Hinterland - you snuck that one in on us faster and quieter than a ridgeline wolf attack ...

Get ready! STEADFAST RANGER, our next free update for The Long Dark's Survival Mode, will go live next Monday, May 6th (Pacific Time).
(From the Hinterland The Long Dark facebook page)

Any forewarnings about moving loot to safe zones like in the December Update?

I'm very much looking forward to this update.

• Upvote 2

Wow! Had no idea it would be released so soon! Thanks Hinterland! The only thing that would have made the news even better would be to have the release tomorrow (Friday) instead of Monday so we'd have the entire weekend to enjoy :-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ProsPex said:

Wow! Had no idea it would be released so soon! Thanks Hinterland! The only thing that would have made the news even better would be to have the release tomorrow (Friday) instead of Monday so we'd have the entire weekend to enjoy 🙂

I assume they want to keep support fully online in case any game breaking bugs or issues stem from the update, it would be hard on the team to demand full support on the weekend. It would be sweet to have it erady to enjoy on the weekend though. 

I'm curious to see if Interloper will get the revolver, the flare gun is already my close combat weapon of choice. Interesting to see if the revolver mimics this functionality or if it brings anything else to the table. 

Edited by Dan_
Grammar is hard.

• Hinterland
4 hours ago, ProsPex said:

Wow! Had no idea it would be released so soon! Thanks Hinterland! The only thing that would have made the news even better would be to have the release tomorrow (Friday) instead of Monday so we'd have the entire weekend to enjoy 🙂

We never release updates in the latter half of the week (anymore -- we did in the early years, before we knew better). It creates too much stress on the team to have to react to things on the weekend. Launching in the early part of the week is better for everyone. It gives us more time to react to issues that may arise, and ensures the team can work reasonable hours and make well-considered decisions.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 5

I personally really appreciate the approach to making these announcements.  The little bread crumbs here and there were a great indication that an update was nearing completion, that we got little hints and teases more frequently told us that an announcement was going to be coming soon, and the announcement within a week of your chosen drop/release date is a great heads up.

Thank you Hinterland Team.  Thank you for everything.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2