Bears wear football helmets now?

Klobberthon

26 minutes ago, MHDan said:

The last bear I took down in DP took 4 arrows, and 2 rifle rounds, I took 3 maulings in 3 days to get him!

So you are basically the rag doll/sand bag footballers use to train tackling? Well somebody has to do the dirty work! Also, as suggested above, the knee is the way to take them down!

I feel like the survivor's bow would have a really hard time penetrating a bear's skull or shoulderblade.

As previously recommended:

I advise shooting the soft ligaments in the knee. They take forever to heal and lower mobility. A slow bear is a dead bear. Perhaps a shot to the lungs would do, but one arrow wouldnt do near enough trauma for the desired immediate effect. And by the time you notch another...

Well, youll be staring down the tracks of a frieght train of hate and hunger....

6 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I feel like the survivor's bow would have a really hard time penetrating a bear's skull or shoulderblade.

As previously recommended:

I advise shooting the soft ligaments in the knee. They take forever to heal and lower mobility. A slow bear is a dead bear. Perhaps a shot to the lungs would do, but one arrow wouldnt do near enough trauma for the desired immediate effect. And by the time you notch another...

Well, youll be staring down the tracks of a frieght train of hate and hunger....

Coincidentally this is the same method for dealing with Bobby Boucher 

@Gazbeard I think had you pressed the "2"-key instead of accessing the radial menu you would have switched to the flare gun immediatly. Or at least have a loaded rifle ready!

Also, i never saw a bear sleeping before. I wonder if they sleep during blizzards. Need to check that out.

Oh, almost forgot to mention that: You didn´t shoot the knee. That´s a beginners mistake of course but everybody has got figure that out first. Better Luck next time :P

On 21/07/2018 at 11:59 PM, Klobberthon said:

I've heard this but I've also had bears bleed out for me recently so they must at least sometimes 

Yes, I had a bear bleed out on me on my livestream Voyageur two nights ago.  So at least in that case it still happens ... and that was again an arrow to the butt, but from long range - lol

• 2 weeks later...

One arrow or a good hit from the rifle is enough to make them bleed out with patience. Pumping shots into them from an exposed place is just asking for a close inspection from Mr. Bear. They can take half a day or more to bleed out though, and sometimes a blizzard will roll in and they despawn before they actually die.

Archived