Blankets

Reahs

I think that we should be able to wear blankets in the "accessory" slot because well I would wear one if I had bad clothing and found a blanket.

Pros: Really warm while inside or when not exposed to wind(sitting in a car), medium weight (0.75-1kg) and can fill up the accessory slot if you haven't found those wool ear covers and maybe it could be thrown or used against wolves to scare them/trap them in the blanket for a few seconds.

Cons: Gets a debuff if you wear it outside (maybe lose 50% heat (Example +3c will be + 1.5c outside)). Get wet and frozen really fast, useless against the wind and they could be somewhat rare or we can have so they are just "uncommon" but better blankets would be super rare like MRE's. Blankets should not spawn on interloper and only the worst blankets would spawn on stalker. Leave comments on what you think and if you think this would be a good addition to the game. (this was a little thrown together because i'm in school and i only have short brakes)

a craftable poncho would be great. just cut a hole in a blanket. beds with blanket removed have lower warmth bonus. for those unlucky interloper runs where you find lots of houses with little or no worthwhile clothing, this can help tie you over till you get animal skin clothing

I think a blanket could be used two ways: as a wrapper while sitting beside a fire, for a very good warmth bonus; or while mobile, which gets you less of a warmth bonus and a potentially very significant mobility reduction. Of course there would need to be a variety of blankets with a range of warmth and windproof ratings, and they should be repairable and harvest-able.

Without a variety of blankets the risk for the handling of the blanket becoming formulaic is high, there is little room for quandary about what to with one once you find it. If a blanket's stats can vary there is less opportunity for a simple rule to determine it's usefulness, and more situations where it has the potential to be something other than a source of cloth.

23 minutes ago, JohnDoe60 said:

I think a blanket could be used two ways: as a wrapper while sitting beside a fire, for a very good warmth bonus; or while mobile, which gets you less of a warmth bonus and a potentially very significant mobility reduction. Of course there would need to be a variety of blankets with a range of warmth and windproof ratings, and they should be repairable and harvest-able.

Without a variety of blankets the risk for the handling of the blanket becoming formulaic is high, there is little room for quandary about what to with one once you find it. If a blanket's stats can vary there is less opportunity for a simple rule to determine it's usefulness, and more situations where it has the potential to be something other than a source of cloth.

Yea I forgot to add that blankets would slow you down but I started playing the game instead and forgot to add that in my post, so let's say 15% is the slow for wearing one blanket and you get 30% for wearing two. % can change ofc

On 11/21/2017 at 9:38 AM, KinoUnko said:

a craftable poncho would be great. just cut a hole in a blanket. beds with blanket removed have lower warmth bonus. for those unlucky interloper runs where you find lots of houses with little or no worthwhile clothing, this can help tie you over till you get animal skin clothing

I second this idea.

4 hours ago, T.V said:

It could look like that one from concept art. It could be just a normal chlothing , and there will be a craftable version from le'ts say - moose hide

Yeah ive seen this picture before. I am really curious as to what we can craft with the moose hide, hopefully headgear honestly.

On 11/27/2017 at 5:05 PM, private duksworth said:

i like the idea of blankets maybe you could add it to a bed or bedroll to make the bed more warm . maybe you could make pelt blankets that raise the bed warmth

That would be cool - I would also vote for using blankets to make an improvised bedroll and for being able to use a bedroll as a blanket

• 2 weeks later...

yes, a warm blanket or poncho is good idea - oh and improvising using it as bedroll is probably life saving, when you dont have a bedroll to start off with in some of the other modes of play .

By crafting a poncho also adding to crafting skills too - especially if you are at the summit in cabin fever

Archived