Wintermute Spoiler Thread...

Thrasador

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

3: In the only Commentary LP I ever did my game play sucked so much...I dubbed more than 3/4ths of my commentary after the fact.

You 'could do a voice over afterward if you were so inclined. That would take up a lot of time though. It could be like you chime in every once in awhile and say things like 'here is where I ran into some trouble' and stuff like that.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SnowWalker said:

You 'could do a voice over afterward if you were so inclined. That would take up a lot of time though. It could be like you chime in every once in awhile and say things like 'here is where I ran into some trouble' and stuff like that.

What I did for my Portal 2 LP on my old channel was that I initially record my voice as I played.

However my play sucked so bad...that I literally recorded episodes...and then played them back while using voice recorder to record my commentary.

Then I edited them together in movie maker.

Doing the same is possible but reason 6: My fiancee hates that I record my gameplay and upload it...so recording commentary after the fact would be difficult on top of that.

16 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Doing the same is possible but reason 6: My fiancee hates that I record my gameplay and upload it...so recording commentary after the fact would be difficult on top of that.

Hahaha, she's jealous that you have something else that's important to you which doesn't include her. She'll give it some other reason though. Cute. She wants you all to herself. Also too, she might be worried that you'll meet someone else while uploading to a social media platform.

47 minutes ago, Scyzara said:

Don't worry, I never use my famous hammer 'Fluffnir' on anything but wolves. Oh well, and maybe forum trolls. But not on people. 

And I certainly don't get any secret hack or cheat versions of the game because I'm not employed by HL.

@cekivi and me are community moderators - just some friendly neighborhood long-term players who help out on the forums voluntarily if time permits. ;)

Oh, I wasn't aware...who is what in the company hierarchy.  I know Mel is a moderator with the same title as you, as far as the forums are concerned, but I'm pretty sure I saw her name in the opening ctedits....so I would think SHE would be privy to the secrets of the game....but maybe not. Maybe everyone in Hinterland only has a piece of the overall puzzle....What do I know?

Maybe you can "pull some strings" and shake her down for intel if she knows more...

42 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Hope you got some sleep, I got a few. That little house will be perfect timing to do right now also since I have to now also go to the farm, which is nearby, for Mother's last quest which will bring me back to the bank but I'll have both keys...and then I can leave episode one, again :)

Btw, just in case you don't know it, I'm female. I just wonder if you do know when you call me mate or chief...not that woman couldn't be those.

Sorry, I didn't know gender for sure as your picture and forum name are both gender neutral, and I didn't forum stalk your profile to see if you listed personal info, like gender or birthday.

By default I think I gender assign male to all video game players, unless they specifically post a female forum picture or something like that, like Mel. As chauvinistic as it may sound, I believe statistically vastly more dudes are "gamers" than women....so when unsure guessing male is more often than not, correct. Not that there is anything wrong with female gamers. I believe most male nerd gamers' dream girl is a female who also is a gamer. They just seem to be in short supply in general....

I guess women have more important things to do than wasting their time playing video games....

But yes, I slept from about 5AM till my girlfriend just woke me up at noon-ish. So far I have had two cups of coffee, four cigarettes, I dyed her hair to hide her greys for her and we showed. Now that I am caught up on the forums it may be time to play too. We need to go grocery shopping, but I negotiated bumping that to tomorrow since I dyed her hair for her....;)

Also, we are both pretty lazy and don't REALLY want to go grocery shopping....so it was an easy negotiation...

42 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

EEEEKKKK!!! It's none of my business, and maybe I should just mind my business and keep my fat trap shut, but I have never been much good at doing that....and it is why I have been fired from about 20 jobs in 17 years....but, "I don't know how I feel about that statement."

Relationships are about compromise. She "hates" something that you enjoy doing that doesn't involve her, or cause her aggravation in anyway. Like you are not "dragging" her to NASCAR races or something. That is your hobby...

She "hates" your hobby?

I'd tell her the marriage is off if she can't accept what I enjoy doing in my spare time.

Plenty of fish in the sea....

13 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I guess women have more important things to do than wasting their time playing video games....

I play a lot of games. Deus Ex, Alien: Isolation, Fallout, The Evil Within, I love Styx and played both of those, Tomb Raider, Dying Light, Hitman, all the ones like Inside and Firewatch, bla bla bla...tons of them. I love Lacuna Passage and The Solus Project but I don't get into anything too gunny and too war-focused so I don't play everything that comes out like you guys do. Doom or CoD or ME, don't do it for me. I don't like boring enemies either. I like war movies though but I get bored of just constantly shooting stuff. I like a little more adventure or whatever, idk. My hubby plays his games...mostly Madden, with his Xbox One and I get the computer. It works out.

6 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

EEEEKKKK!!! It's none of my business, and maybe I should just mind my business and keep my fat trap shut, but I have never been much good at doing that....and it is why I have been fired from about 20 jobs in 17 years....but, "I don't know how I feel about that statement."

Relationships are about compromise. She "hates" something that you enjoy doing that doesn't involve her, or cause her aggravation in anyway. Like you are not "dragging" her to NASCAR races or something. That is your hobby...

She "hates" your hobby?

I'd tell her the marriage is off if she can't accept what I enjoy doing in my spare time.

Plenty of fish in the sea....

No thanks...she's slowly coming around. ;)

She loves the look of TLD.

4 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

I play a lot of games. Deus Ex, Alien: Isolation, Fallout, The Evil Within, I love Styx and played both of those, Tomb Raider, Dying Light, Hitman, all the ones like Inside and Firewatch, bla bla bla...tons of them. I love Lacuna Passage and The Solus Project but I don't get into anything too gunny and too war-focused so I don't play everything that comes out like you guys do. Doom or CoD or ME, don't do it for me. I don't like boring enemies either. I like war movies though but I get bored of just constantly shooting stuff. I like a little more adventure or whatever, idk. My hubby plays his games...mostly Madden, with his Xbox One and I get the computer. It works out.

See well that's cool....that's a marriage made in heaven...TWO gamers together in love...

That's what @RossBondReturnsneeds !

4 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

No thanks...she's slowly coming around. ;)

She loves the look of TLD.

Ok, well as long as there is compromise....

I mean there are stipulations to my statement. I would be willing to put up with more bullcrap in general if she was a millionaire or something and I was going to be a "house husband" like I am now....which allows for my "clean the house"  gaming lifestyle....but I wouldn't put up with being bossed around for nothing....

Like I have dinner ready every night when she gets home, and I vacuumed today already ....

3 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

'Gets chores out of the way so can sit and play TLD afterward' :D

Basically....yes, that was the plan....you buffer the crap you want to do, by doing crap she would like done first. Then they are quiet and leave you to your business....

I have to put her to sleep every night too, if I'm not coming to bed until 5AM or later. I have to tuck her in, kiss her, tell her I love her, pet her hair. She likes it when I jump on top of her and crush her with a hug before bed. Then I turn the light off and say, "Goodnight, I love you!" for like the fifth time before I can leave.

If I am up till 5:30AM I brew her fresh coffee before I go wake her up with kisses for work...

3 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Basically....yes, that was the plan....you buffer the crap you want to do, by doing crap she would like done first. Then they are quiet and leave you to your business....

I have to put her to sleep every night too, if I'm not coming to bed until 5AM or later. I have to tuck her in, kiss her, tell her I love her, pet her hair. She likes it when I jump on top of her and crush her with a hug before bed. Then I turn the light off and say, "Goodnight, I love you!" for like the fifth time before I can leave.

If I am up till 5:30AM I brew her fresh coffee before I go wake her up with kisses for work...

:D

Just now, SnowWalker said:

I'm just getting ready to out to the barn to shoot that barn wolf with the flare gun B|

Nice, I am sure that plan will go better than simply approaching it and getting bitten like the dude in the playthrough I watched....

Maybe get the house key from the blue truck and walk in the house first to save your game, in case you miss...

(That's how I roll.)

1 minute ago, Thrasador said:

Nice, I am sure that plan will go better than simply approaching it and getting bitten like the dude in the playthrough I watched....

Maybe get the house key from the blue truck and walk in the house first to save your game, in case you miss...

(That's how I roll.)

Yep, already in the house and slept the night first. Going to the barn for the first time now. The wolf surprised me the first time too and I killed it with the damned shard. It's carcass disappears later when I came back for the last quest and is replaced by new barn wolf, lol.

5 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I never had to attack that wolf at all.

He simply stood there all ticked but never moved from his spot at all.

He always jumps me unless I scare him away with a flare or torch.

13 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

The game won't let you kill it with the gun. I tried it a couple times. Dead on shots always end up landing slightly away from him to the side, even though they went straight at him, and it didn't even scare him, he did his scared, whimpering though but still proceeded to jump me anyway. Not too much damage though. Should have used a flare, since I lost a gun flare, but he's hurt so I'll leave it like that. If I can see his carcass anywhere later and if he's not too near to those other three wolves, I'm gonna skin him, just to say I did. I didn't get to before. Also, there's another nice surprise in the barn that wasn't there before, too.

22 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I never had to attack that wolf at all.

He simply stood there all ticked but never moved from his spot at all.

All of the wolves in the Wintermute addition seem VERY badly bugged to different degrees. They are NOT the same as sandbox wolves. They clearly coded their behaviors differently. The sandbox game has no perma-wolves that stay affixed to specific spots and carcasses. They kill things that they encounter, eat some, and move on. These new wolves suck.

They also don't follow the Sandbox spawning mechanic. Leaving a gut on them doesn't make their corpse persist in the game world. 

There is no point in killing them. They respawn the next time you sleep or reload a game, like the green crates you break up on the initial crash plateau.

The birch bark respawns on the plateau if you reload your save for each new day....

I don't like or appreciate these specific "Story mode only" bullcrap spawning mechanics for items and wolves....

If you read my posts and SnowWalker's posts from last night, we both had dead wolves disappear and respawn out of thin air. It is very uncool...

@SnowWalker , you probably won't get to skin him unless you follow him till he dies. If you reload the save or sleep, his carcass will most likely disappear and he will respawn in the barn again because of this Story mode wolf BS...

4 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

@SnowWalker  you probably won't get to skin him unless you follow him till he dies. If you reload the save or sleep, his carcass will most likely disappear and he will respawn in the barn again because of this Story mode wolf BS...

He was back in the barn, dead. Got his four kg of meat. Didn't reload, or sleep. Leaving now.

Archived