Wintermute Spoiler Thread...

Thrasador

2 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I might hold out until: 

A. Someone else finds a knife by that dead guy or...

B. Someone else or you find a knife somewhere else I can check out....

If I find no knife in the second spot I will absolutely start over I guess...

Okay, I'll let you know. There wasn't one at the gas station, anyway.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Starting over is like double screwing me over....I didn't find one, I can't get one, and I have to do it all over again...

I have to say though Thras, if your hatchet and shard are in good shape, you don't need to start over. You'll be good as gold in part 2 and I'm sure there's a knife in the second part too anyway, and for sure we know there are whetstones for the hatchet anyway too. I started over because my shard had died and my hatchet was soon to follow.
I'm going back in now.

7 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

If your hatchet and shard are destroyed...you needn't start over. ;)

I'm going on until I can't go on anymore.

Thank you Ross, my hatchet was down to 25% when I scaled the mountain and I lost my shard right near the beginning from over using it and two wolf struggles. I didn't want to start over but I wasn't sure if that would hurt me or not. I also didn't get a bedroll till the middle of the first part either so I did okay, I made it out anyway. I just wanted the good start in the second part. I should have kept going.

1 minute ago, SnowWalker said:

Thank you Ross, my hatchet was down to 25% when I scaled the mountain and I lost my shard right near the beginning from over using it and two wolf struggles. I didn't want to start over but I was sure if that would hurt me or not. I also didn't get a bedroll till the middle of the first part either so I did okay, I made it out anyway. I just wanted the good start in the second part. I should have kept going.

In my LP (once the episode is up) you'll see that I held onto my 1 percent hatchet for as long as possible...I used the last of it to fight off a wolf.

3 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

In my LP (once the episode is up) you'll see that I held onto my 1 percent hatchet for as long as possible...I used the last of it to fight off a wolf.

I know where we're going though in pt two. I let the whole cut-scene play out for the beginning of it. I'm excited to get back there

Honestly I guess I'm ok, like you stated....it's my OCD thing though....I feel like I'm getting jipped, and I should get a proper knife so I can kill a bunch of wolves if I so choose....

Also what condition did your hatchet begin at this and last playthrough? I feel like they jipped me there too....mine started at 64. The terrible dude in the video got like an 84 hatchet....That's like 10 2% uses I don't get....

You know what I mean? The prybar seems to be fixed at 100. What's with my half used hatchet?!

Oh Oh....the new patch notes indirectly confirm my fear with the tools in Milton...

The new notes state "this current patch specifically fixes the aurora issue with in-progress games..."

That almost indirectly states the prior patches did not do that, and if I want the benefits of the first three patches I should have just known I was supposed to start over again....

I guess that clears that question up....

Probably why a wolf walked right over my flare today in Milton, too...

Screenshot_2017-08-04-22-41-28.png

5 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

The new notes state "this current patch specifically fixes the aurora issue with in-progress games..."

I think you'll be good though Thras. The knife maybe has random spawn spots. My first hatchet was 68% or something but this second one was only like 54

7 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

No, no...I went to Cumberland Farms....3 hours of sleep or no...this BLEEP is on now, broseph....

The farm has a different family name for everyone. For me it was the Barker Farm and someone else in the forum called it the Martin Farm or something like that. I'm doing the caffeine thing too :) If it's morning where you are though Thras, and I think it is, GO TO BED! :D

3 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

The farm has a different family name for everyone. For me it was the Barker Farm and someone else in the forum called it the Martin Farm or something like that. I'm doing the caffeine thing too :) If it's morning where you are though Thras, and I think it is, GO TO BED! :D

Too late, the cap is off, it's in me belly. It's 11PM here. I am going to bed at my normal time....8AM or so after gaming till sunrise. 

This has been my way since 18 years old...or 22 years now....

However all I got today was a three hour nap between 1PM and 4PM, so I'm a little squirrely....

4 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Too late, the cap is off, it's in me belly. It's 11PM here. I am going to bed at my normal time....8AM or so after gaming till sunrise. 

This has been my way since 18 years old...or 22 years now....

However all I got today was a three hour nap between 1PM and 4PM, so I'm a little squirrely....

It's 11:15 PM here too. I'll prob hit the hay around 4 or 5 am. I can only do this when I don't have to work in the morning.

23 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

so you didn't get to bed until one pm for three hours? Ouch hahaha So that's where you were :)

Yeah, that was where I was this afternoon today. This afternoon I pretty much got a long nap instead of an actual bedtime. Now I'm up all night gaming AGAIN!. 

Calendar with the lookout pic?

You mean on walls in the game?

Hrrmmm....you know I HAVE noticed calendars on walls in the game....but I haven't really studied one....

If I can't loot it, I don't really look at it...so it may be new....or maybe they were always like that....or maybe they were more impressionistic in prior versions, and as they keep upgrading the finer details in the art, now you can actually make out what is in the calendar pictures, instead of it just being a colorful blob....

13 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

If I can't loot it, I don't really look at it...so it may be new....or maybe they were always like that....or maybe they were more impressionistic in prior versions, and as they keep upgrading the finer details in the art, now you can actually make out what is in the calendar pictures, instead of it just being a colorful blob....

No it's a nice clear pic of Forestry Lookout. I noticed it because I was standing around in a kitchen in one of those houses in town which start going down the road to the farm. Almost across from the bank. I was waiting for clothes to dry, lol. So I took in some art :D
I missed a dang safety deposit key which I remember now is in a container under a bed somewhere but I'm trying to remember which house it was now. I totally didn't see it while looting this time.

Archived