Wintermute Spoiler Thread...

Thrasador

29 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

No it's a nice clear pic of Forestry Lookout. I noticed it because I was standing around in a kitchen in one of those houses in town which start going down the road to the farm. Almost across from the bank. I was waiting for clothes to dry, lol. So I took in some art :D
I missed a dang safety deposit key which I remember now is in a container under a bed somewhere but I'm trying to remember which house it was now. I totally didn't see it while looting this time.

Have you found them all? There are no hint guides written yet, so we should pool our knowledge....

I found a random one you might have missed on one of my deleted exploratory jaunts when I first hit town...I think it was #13...or #7 now I forgot.

I was following the stream looking for cattails in town....which is a waste of time so don't bother, there are not any on the stream, I believe the only ones in town are up by the radio tower.

Anyway the stream go straight up it....don't take the fork to the farm...go straight, when you get to the end there is a cliff, but you can hear crows....there is a dead body to the left when facing the cliff, he had a key and an energy bar.

Also if you head back towards town from there on the outskirts there is a house way high up on a hill...I saw the roof from a hill near that dead guy. I didn't search it but it was searchable. It's basically on the outskirts of town in the direction of the farm but up on a tall hill by the stream sort of. There is like a partially burried set of wood steps up the hill to the house too....so you may have found it already. I was just mentioning it in case you missed it....

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

That building which you speak of has a bed to sleep on inside...some supplies...and a note describing a hidden cache.

That must me the house where the Millers live. The old lady just told me to go and dig up a cache at the Miller's to find some supplies and that's how she tells you where the whetstone is I think because I got her up to about 135 trust so she asked me the sharpening tools thing and then later told me to go check the Miller's place, but not where the hell it is. I have not seen this house you guys speak of...but that other key is in one of the main road houses in town, in a blue container under the bed on the left side of it. That's why I didn't see it this time 'cause I didn't look down while at the side of the bed checking the bedside table. Now I have to go through all of them again. going to head down river too, lol.

4 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

That must me the house where the Millers live. The old lady just told me to go and dig up a cache at the Miller's to find some supplies and that's how she tells you where the whetstone is I think because I got her up to about 135 trust so she asked me the sharpening tools thing and then later told me to go check the Miller's place, but not where the hell it is. I have not seen this house you guys speak of...but that other key is in one of the main road houses in town, in a blue container under the bed on the left side of it. That's why I didn't see it this time 'cause I didn't look down while at the side of the bed checking the bedside table. Now I have to go through all of them again. going to head down river too, lol.

No, the MIller's is not this house.

That's somewhere in the main cross-streets in town.

The house on the hill has a note leading to another cache to search for.

2 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

The house on the hill has a note leading to another cache to search for.

Hmmmmmmm?

28 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Have you found them all? There are no hint guides written yet, so we should pool our knowledge....

There's a key in that blue container under the bed in one of the houses on main street, there's a key in the truck by the outdoor toilets...near the park back of the gas station and the only other one I've found is at the farm.

A schoolhouse with coal? I haven't found that yet....

So @SnowWalkerI have started over. I'm through the cave. At the first wolf. Killed 4 rabbits again and harvested the deer by the cave. It had 0.9 kilos of 34% meat so shorted there....pretty sure it was like 4 kilos last time.....and MAN ALIVE my bedroll was at 34 % what was yours at? If it's like 80 I'm just starting over AGAIN. Frigging getting jacked left and right now....

Yeah...the dude who left the comment pages ago said she just slipped it to him too when she brought up sharpening tools...

{Butthead voice] Heh heh heh....he said she slipped it to him....heh heh heh...

3 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Oh man, she slipped me a whetstone....Oh Happy Day! :D She didn't tell me she was giving me one, only that I should keep my tools sharpened. Nice!

I didn't do enough good stuff....to earn anything form here I just didn't understand it.

Oh well...I'll have a Whetstone soon.

2 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I didn't do enough good stuff....to earn anything form here I just didn't understand it.

Oh well...I'll have a Whetstone soon.

I just gave her a ton of extra stuff like sticks and an mre and a rabbit pelt and a bunch of bandages and I had her up to about 135 trust and then she gave me the sharpening speech. I didn't get it the first time.

6 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

A schoolhouse with coal? I haven't found that yet....

So @SnowWalkerI have started over. I'm through the cave. At the first wolf. Killed 4 rabbits again and harvested the deer by the cave. It had 0.9 kilos of 34% meat so shorted there....pretty sure it was like 4 kilos last time.....and MAN ALIVE my bedroll was at 34 % what was yours at? If it's like 80 I'm just starting over AGAIN. Frigging getting jacked left and right now....

Yeah...the dude who left the comment pages ago said she just slipped it to him too when she brought up sharpening tools...

The schoolhouse is all broken down, you can't go in it but there's like a little lean-to beside it with the coal, right across the street from Mother's...back of the bank and up a slope a bit. You can't miss it but you might look at it and just think it's nothing. My bedroll was bad too, 34% or something but fret not, you'll probably get a good one at the gas station because the one I got at the gas station is like 75%

Just now, SnowWalker said:

The schoolhouse is all broken down, you can't go in it but there's like a little lean-to beside it with the coal, right across the street from Mother's...back of the bank and up a slope a bit. You can't miss it but you might look at it and just think it's nothing. My bedroll was bad too, 34% or something but fret not, you'll probably get a good one at the gas station because the one I got at the gas station is like 75%

Ok, cool....so the crappy bedroll is really just a temporary bandaid to be harvested later after finding a better one....

Thanks so much for the speedy reply, I can stop chain smoking now on the deck...

2 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

Ok, cool....so the crappy bedroll is really just a temporary bandaid to be harvested later after finding a better one....

Thanks so much for the speedy reply, I can stop chain smoking now on the deck...

I use the crappy one to put down at Mother's fire to sleep on so that I don't have to keep running upstairs, lol. My whetstone is gone now :D but my hatchet is about 92% now and my knife is about 85%

8 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

For me I'm just doing a blind LP all the way...maybe later I'll go for a complete 100 percent attempt.

I did too. I finished eps 1 by myself and I haven't read anything yet about eps 2. I only know where we're going since I played the beginning cut-scenes, but only up until Jeremiah passes out. This second time around, I only didn't know about this lone, little house up on a hill by the river.

Thras, Mother tells you where to find the distress pistol if you get to 175 trust with her. And btw, you can look up locations of places she tells you about on your map which marks it once she tell you something and you can read about them under 'Trust' in the journal.

55 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

Okay, key number 7 that I was talking about in the container under the bed is in the little house on your right in the middle main street when you're heading toward the gas station. Across the street from a green car and a leaning hydro pole.

Ok, so I think the dead guy I mentioned  must have been #13 or #14 it was something like that....

So it was a good thing I noticed and reported that house on the hill then?;)

Thanks for the school coal bin, I'm not there yet...but I'll remember. I'm dodging wolves and trying not to freeze to death still....now it's frigging snowing again. A wolf I stabbed and I watched die disappeared on a save reload even though I saved after it died....that was special thanks, Hinterland...

It was the one from the first deer carcass....of course he was scared and ran to the road, then ignored my torch throw. I stabbed him and kept the save because I wasn't bleeding and my clothes were fine. Then he ran up the road to the bridge.  I got in the first car because of course the second wolf was coming....the first one died right in front of the bridge. 

I lit a car fire and slept for 5 hours and woke up to daytime, I went to harvest his meat at least since I killed him....I hear wolf hides are not needed so I just wanted more meat, but like I said I got cold and damaged, so I wanted to reload and make a fire....but of course the wolf magically disappeared....which was special.

Also, the second wolf that seems to go away somewhere if you sleep magically reappeared....same exact thing happened when I reloaded there-ish on my first playthrough. I managed to search all the cars with that wolf coming for me every time a car door opened and closed. After the last truck on the bridge, I saw him go behind a rock and break line of sight, so I got out of the truck and booked it and ducked behind cars while running. Got to the far end of the bridge in the direction away from Milton and took the little path down to the river.

I looted the two mushroom stumps and noticed Mr. Wolf frozen on the path coming from the other direction where you have to cross fallen trees. I take the next really steep path down to the actual river and loot every cattail stalk I see and grab every stick. I have like a full scent meter due to a hide, two guts, about 8 pieces of meat, and 4 dead rabbits I still need to skin and gut...

I hear a bark up above and assume he can smell me and he's on the bridge somewhere trying to learn how to fly....

Luckily there's another car down in the river with a dead body (which I went for on my original playthrough too),  so I light another car fire with all those sticks I like to pick up. I throw two hours in it and sleep for an hour to save my game and then repair the wool mittens normally on that dead guy....

Now it's lightly snowing AGAIN like last playthrough....and I need to follow the river up to the back exit path and get back to the road again and the next car on the bend. I want to loot all the cattails coming up on the left side of the road, near a shallow cave before the blue trailer....but there is another wolf near there that found me last time, I chased a bunny to him and then ran last time to the blue trailer....the OCD in me might light a fire at the deer carcass on the lake there, and then take a torch to that cave and consider staying in there now that I have a bedroll...

Decisions, decisions...

BTW what is a "Blind LP?"

PS I read an online review about Grey Mother and learned about the map and exclamation points....sorry I neglected to share, I didn't think of mentioning it. I was aware of the distress pistol too from reading stuff...I just hadn't gotten to that myself yet...

I was afraid to give her Trust items until finishing the wood quest, my gut told me that might break the whole game....ROFL...

15 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

BTW what is a "Blind LP?"

PS I read an online review about Grey Mother and learned about the map and exclamation points....sorry I neglected to share, I didn't think of mentioning it. I was aware of the distress pistol too from reading stuff...I just hadn't gotten to that myself yet...

I was afraid to give her Trust items until finishing the wood quest, my gut told me that might break the whole game....ROFL...

A blind LP - Long play. Ross records his games for youtube and he wants them to be all himself, his own knowledge, meaning he goes into any game completely blind to anything that is going to happen or anything he happens to find.

1 minute ago, SnowWalker said:

A blind LP - Long play. Ross records his games for youtube and he wants them to be all himself, his own knowledge, meaning he goes into any game completely blind to anything that is going to happen or anything he happens to find.

Oh, I see....well this is the wrong thread to be frequenting, in that case....ROFL....

28 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

I lit a car fire and slept for 5 hours and woke up to daytime, I went to harvest his meat at least since I killed him....I hear wolf hides are not needed so I just wanted more meat, but like I said I got cold and damaged, so I wanted to reload and make a fire....but of course the wolf magically disappeared....which was special.

The wolves are very wonky. I've stabbed and sliced quite a few of them but they never die. The one at the barn died, I saw him dead, but he re-spawned the second time I went to the farm and the carcass was gone too. I was going back to get his meat for the old lady and unexpectedly got attacked again by the same barn wolf. Also, I saw a wolf who was coming slowly after me literally disappear before my eyes while he was like 50' away but then re-spawned again about 30' away from me :D

Archived