Wintermute Spoiler Thread...

Thrasador

On 8/4/2017 at 0:31 PM, SnowWalker said:

Holy crap man! That's nuts!

Bandages are +5 and there is a ton of cloth out there, I made her 50 bandages for +250 trust. Had boots before I finished stocking her fridge

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Thrasador said:

I am assuming you are losing stuff without dying...I don't know why that is happening, but I hope it doesn't happen to me...lol.

Too strong to die now. Even a bear couldn't kill me so long as I could get away from him after his initial mauling. Even if I get lost in a bad unexpected storm I am always prepared to make a snow shelter, though I'm not completely sure if we can in Wintermute, but I'm also pretty good at understanding the weather before I go exploring or walking out of it to somewhere. 100 condition can keep you going for a long time. So nope. I was stashing stuff in the little house to the side street of Mother's house. I had a few stims in a container in there, but when I was ready to leave town, only one was there. Haven't use one yet and I know there were a couple of 'em. The coal disappeared right out of my own inventory and I only walked from the schoolhouse to Mother's from there so no, I didn't accidentally drop it, and I never drop stuff outside anyway. I always go inside first a do a big think on what's not staying in my backpack, and stash the rest. If it's possible, never throw anything away I've learned in this game.

4 hours ago, SnowWalker said:

@RossBondReturns At the beginning of eps 2, without my saying too much, I'm elsewhere than where we start from but I can't seem to cure any hides anywhere. Is that a bug, or is it something I have to figure out?

Sorry I cannot help you with this question as I have no hides curing. But I've read stories on these boards of people curing tons of hides in Trappers Cabin...or at the very least laying them out.

Make of that what you will.

It left me one coal but I'm not sure on that either since I always carry at least one coal anyway, so it could have already been mine and all the school coal just disappeared. I had coal stashed at that house too but that's been okay. It's only happened a couple times but it happened in my first game too but I just can't remember what it was that someone stole from me, lol. I found another coal stash in town too but kept my eye on those and they stayed with me.

Just now, RossBondReturns said:

Sorry I cannot help you with this question as I have no hides curing. But I've read stories on these boards of people curing tons of hides in Trappers Cabin...or at the very least laying them out.

Make of that what you will.

I can lay them out, they just don't cure. At Trapper's or anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, SnowWalker said:

I can lay them out, they just don't cure. At Trapper's or anywhere else.

Yeah...that's really peculiar. I don't know how I feel about it or what you should do...

It could be a bug, because if it was an Episode 2 unlock....wouldn't other people have complained about this, or questioned it already?

Like someone else would have asked the forum what is going on....

I would report it...

16 minutes ago, dmbjt said:

Bandages are +5 and there is a ton of cloth out there, I made her 50 bandages for +250 trust. Had boots before I finished stocking her fridge

I didn't get any boots. I got up high enough with her to get the rabbit mittens blueprint and flare gun, and left town.

Just now, Thrasador said:

Yeah...that's really peculiar. I don't know how I feel about it or what you should do...

It could be a bug, because if it was an Episode 2 unlock....wouldn't other people have complained about this, or questioned it already?

Like someone else would have asked the forum what is going on....

I would report it...

Yeah, I'll go get a screenshot of it for them.

11 minutes ago, Thrasador said:

You should see if any NEW hides you get cure....

Sadly, those ones you have may just be FUBAR....

Yeah, I will. I only had one deer hide and two guts to cure. My 2 fully cured deer hides and guts stayed cured and I stashed them at Trappers where we're allowed to use the wood box outside. Maybe I should get those out of there in case it becomes a mission for him too and I lose those, lol.

@Thrasador I had read in a comment on youtube that someone left for a letsplayer telling her to bring deer hides to Trapper's from Milton if she could and he didn't say why but only said 'Trust me.'. So I got a couple to bring myself. I got them early on too and so they cured a day or two before I left. The other one I grabbed on the way to ML and carried it to be cured later.

On 8/5/2017 at 4:48 AM, Nervous Pete said:

I'm still working with the shard of debris knife, never found another, and I've reached Ep2 just fine. I don't think you actually need one. Just make sure the knife's condition stays good. I've also survived a couple of weeks without a knife in survival mode, using an axe for all my cutting needs. Just keep it sharpened.

I found a knife on the dead guy next to the Radio Tower and a hatchet in the barn at the farm

2 hours ago, dmbjt said:

I found a knife on the dead guy next to the Radio Tower and a hatchet in the barn at the farm

Thanks m8, we found the knife and debated it a couple pages ago. I was not yet aware of the location of the second hatchet yet. @SnowWalkerdidn't tell me, but I would have found it through normal gameplay eventually, as I search everything.

Are you the one looking for key 13? There is a dead guy off the stream to the left if you follow it all the way to the end. Take the left branch of the stream....not the branch that goes to the farm. Back there on the left you'll hear crows. There's a dead guy to the left by a cliff. Like he fell off it.

Key 7 I'm not super positive about, but if you search all searchable locations you should find it. There is a searchable house way up on the top of a hill on the outskirts of town in the direction of the farm. If you head back to town from the dead guy and climb hills you should find it, or at least see the roof of the house on the hill if you are on the wrong hill....get what I'm saying?

4 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Thanks m8, we found the knife and debated it a couple pages ago. I was not yet aware of the location of the second hatchet yet. @SnowWalkerdidn't tell me, but I would have found it through normal gameplay eventually, as I search everything.

Are you the one looking for key 13? There is a dead guy off the stream to the left if you follow it all the way to the end. Take the left branch of the stream....not the branch that goes to the farm. Back there on the left you'll hear crows. There's a dead guy to the left by a cliff. Like he fell off it.

Key 7 I'm not super positive about, but if you search all searchable locations you should find it. There is a searchable house way up on the top of a hill on the outskirts of town in the direction of the farm. If you head back to town from the dead guy and climb hills you should find it, or at least see the roof of the house on the hill if you are on the wrong hill....get what I'm saying?

yes, I found both keys. One on said dead guy and the other in under the bed in the house on the main street across from the grey car ... found the house as well

8 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Sorry I got tired. Today I have a bunch of errands I should have done yesterday. I'll most likely be around this evening though, unless something goes horribly wrong....or I get really tired from not sleeping much the last couple days....

Even the mighty must rest sometimes. Ask Will, he knows :P

1 hour ago, dmbjt said:

yes, I found both keys. One on said dead guy and the other in under the bed in the house on the main street across from the grey car ... found the house as well

Awesome! Good job, and welcome to the Wintermute thread where we don't black out our answers! :)

In the event you may be able to give an Episode 1 hidden cache synopsis from memory....feel free to do so. @Scyzara had inquired a few pages ago....

I am curious as well. In the event I get any time to play later I will do my best to pay attention where stuff is, as I tend to have a good memory. I am just very slow and methodical when I play, and tend to not get very much done each day, lol...

Also I started over two days ago to get the knife to appear as they did not make the first three patches retroactive apparently. God forbid they make anything convenient....

Then I loaded an older backup save from my new run, because I wasn't able to get past the first two wolves to my liking....so I went back and kept leaving the cave until I had a satisfactory outcome....I am that kind of methodical....

I had to reload the cave save at least 12 times due to issues getting to the first car without a wolf struggle, because I scared the first wolf to harvest the deer, which was totally unnecessary....but what I wanted....

21 hours ago, SnowWalker said:

@Thrasador I had read in a comment on youtube that someone left for a letsplayer telling her to bring deer hides to Trapper's from Milton if she could and he didn't say why but only said 'Trust me.'. So I got a couple to bring myself. I got them early on too and so they cured a day or two before I left. The other one I grabbed on the way to ML and carried it to be cured later.

I can't remember exactly what was in the last one, but it was good gear (not just food and medicine) 

If you place the deer meat, the fish, and the herbs in Jeremiah's locker before you ask for the survival school quests he will tell you that you are already skilled in that area and wont make you do that part of the quest ... you will still have to do the clothing part though and retrieve the bear skin

Archived