Episode 2- The repair shed

TheBestOfUs

Hey guys

I have been playing the game for a couple of hours now and have already completed Episode 1 (which was quite amazing :D ). The thing is that I am stuck on the part where you must go to the repair shed to fix Jeremiah's rifle, but I am unable to locate it. Should I continue through the tunnel or attempt to get above the tunnel?

Thanks  

I'm looking for the shed too. I took the advice above and went through to forlorn muskeg, and then to broken rail (that's where the marker is). But there's a landslide blocking the way. There seems to be no way to get around. 

12 minutes ago, Krib said:

I'm looking for the shed too. I took the advice above and went through to forlorn muskeg, and then to broken rail (that's where the marker is). But there's a landslide blocking the way. There seems to be no way to get around. 

There is a way around my friend. :) Actually I think I was somehow able to glitch my way over the landslide on my first try. xD But you can also go around it.

7 hours ago, ppedro said:

There is a way around my friend. :) Actually I think I was somehow able to glitch my way over the landslide on my first try. xD But you can also go around it.

Aside from this reply (which offers no useful information), can anyone suggest a way to get around the landslide in Broken Rail? One side is a cliff and the other leads to a lake bed surrounded by them, with dead ends in every direction. I'm looking for the rail shed. Thanks! 

Aside from this reply (which offers no useful information), can anyone suggest a way to get around the landslide in Broken Rail? One side is a cliff and the other leads to a lake bed surrounded by them, with dead ends in every direction. I'm looking for the rail shed. Thanks! 

I had the same issue. After walking around for two days, I realized that you can actually walk over the landlside.. Stay on the right side of it (the one on the cliff side lake side) and there is a small spot where you can just walk the rocks and arrive on the other side. I don't know if it's a glitch but I never found another way around.

Ive gotten to the shed with no problem, but i cant find the way back after the little extra part about the Forest Talkers and having to quit for the night, i need help, the route i thought i took around the rails seems to be gone.

When you are at the shed, walk to the lake and continue in the west direction (the opposite direction you entered map). Keep an eye to the left and you'll find a gentle slope that brings you back on the tracks close to a broken bridge. You can then make your way back to the landslide and mountain goat down.

2 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Entering his lodge should trigger a cutscene of giving it back. It will still appear among your quest items after return, but the quest will be marked as solved.

There hasn´t been a cutscene triggered :( it says his rifle is repaired. Above it is another questmarker for investigating the forest kid´s story....bug?

2 hours ago, June said:

There hasn´t been a cutscene triggered :( it says his rifle is repaired. Above it is another questmarker for investigating the forest kid´s story....bug?

After repairing the rifle you have to head over to an eco terrorist hideout near the repair shed during the aurora, i was confised at first too, but there youll find some gear thatll help you kill "that damn bear"

2 hours ago, Hotzn said:

Better put things like that in spoiler tags. Not everybody likes being handed the solution straight away. ;)

The topic itself already stated he repaired the rifle, so anybody continuing reading this topic should know about it, and i didnt give him directions but rather narrowed his search down to near the maintainence shed in the broken railroad, since hes already in mystery lake, hes got enough of a journey ahead of him to deal with.

Also the comment about the supplies, the quest description hes on in his journal says "something there might save your life" so its already assumed he should know about supplies there as well. 

Also the forest talkers being eco terrorists is already known by them too unless he didnt pick up the notes in carter hydro dam.

But i understand your concern with those who dont want direct solutions. Im just justifying my directions i gave him. Sorry if i spoled anything for anyone.

So i made it through forlorn muskeg just at night fall, almost hypothermic due to having fallen through the ice avoiding wolves.  I'm thinking "yes, almost there, i made it!"  I go through the tunnel - it says leaving forlorn muskeg, I'm thinking ok, that's fine the shed must be on the next map... And then all of a sudden I'm back in mystery lake at the entrance tunnel.....wtf.  

Has this happened to anyone else? Did i do something wrong or is this a bug?

2 hours ago, Yukonwanderer said:

Pretty sure - once you pass the overturned rail cars you're almost at the other side right?

If the rail cars are loaded with logs and pretty close to the tunnel that's the far side.

If the are red and not in sight of the tunnel, that's the ML end.

On 06/08/2017 at 8:29 PM, avocado_mayhem said:

I had the same issue. After walking around for two days, I realized that you can actually walk over the landlside.. Stay on the right side of it (the one on the cliff side lake side) and there is a small spot where you can just walk the rocks and arrive on the other side. I don't know if it's a glitch but I never found another way around.

I cant find it. What does the one on the lake side mean?? maybe a picture please???

Archived