Bearskin Coat

June

I really don´t want to sound narrow minded here, but that bearskin coat really looks as if it was stripped from a baby bear. I mean, the head in front? Besides the fact that there´s no practical reason to sew/carve/knit it like that, the head has the same size as the paper doll´s. A shrunken bear? I have no clue how big bears really are, but I always assumed they were huge....and the head of a dead bear in TLD is huge as well....

20161220182532_1.jpg

19 hours ago, June said:

Maybe, but a skull does not shrink, does it.

I don't think skulls are included in skinning and leatherwork. It did strike me as a bit small though. I was expecting the head of the bear to be part of a hood. I do like the way it looks when it's not being worn. Looks rough and mean for those wolves.

On 12/21/2016 at 6:33 PM, ehevutov said:

I don't think skulls are included in skinning and leatherwork. It did strike me as a bit small though. I was expecting the head of the bear to be part of a hood. I do like the way it looks when it's not being worn. Looks rough and mean for those wolves.

That's what I would have expected too, something more like a bear skin cloak with the head as the hood. Also, I don't think any of us would want claws hanging anywhere near the crotch, no matter what type of plumbing you have.

Does anyone have a clue whether the bear coat adds a certain probability (beyond the low standard probability,  that is) to scare away wolves? That's somehow my prime concern about it. I mean both the wolfskin coat and bearskin bedroll deter wolves, the coat should definitely do so as well.  

But maybe it does and I've only been a bit unlucky so far.  I'm really looking forward to play the new update for more than just a few hours to test things better... well, between Christmas and New Year probably.  ^^

@Scyzara I was wearing both the wolf and the bear coat for a couple of days and I got decent results scaring the wolves. I removed the wolf coat to test and I think I'm around 50%. Encountered 4 in 2 in game days and two of them flee. Will keep running tests during the weekend!

With the bear head in the torso area it looked to me like a bear head sticking out of a kangaroo pouch.  I know nothing about using skins as clothing but was this design based on traditional type construction.  Doing a quick image search i only found this coat with a bear head.

EQgOTOC.jpg

If it is true that wolves can be intimidated by the wearing of a wolf or bear skin coat then maybe having the head placed in the torso area the wolves would think it is just a walking bear.  But with the bear head placed on top it appears that the bear is standing.  Is a standing bear trying to become more intimidating compared to a bear walking?  If this bear skin poncho takes two skins to make, is the other bear head on the backside? 

Archived