Sea to Summit New Years Challenge!!

cowboymrh

OK Folks... How bout testing out those survival skills with a fun challenge!

For those who wish to participate, I've created a SEA TO SUMMIT CHALLENGE to see who has the skills, daring, and luck to be called "King of the Mountain"....... unofficially of course.

How fast (In game time) can you make it from the Lighthouse on Desolation Point, to the top of Timberwolf Mountain, then back down to the Lighthouse again?

Battling the weather, the wolves, and the bears, do you have the courage, skills, and luck to gather the needed equipment, weapons, and supplies to make the trip faster than anyone else?

Here are the rules:

1. Create a brand new character in Stalker ANY Difficulty Mode with "0" hours played.

2. You may spawn on any map you wish. Which ever map you think gives you the best chance of gaining the items you need to safely complete the challenge, but the clock starts, as soon as you spawn.

3. Once you gather the survival items you need, you must then go to the Lighthouse on Desolation Point. This is Checkpoint 1.

4. Place 3 of your inventory items in front of the Lighthouse door and take screenshot 1. Make sure the Lighthouse can be recognized in the picture. The screenshot provides "proof" that you started there before going to Timber Wolf Mountain.

5. Once you are done, start your journey to the summit of Timber Wolf Mountain. Checkpoint 2.

6. Once on the summit, take screenshot 2 of you shooting a flare from the flare gun. Make sure the airplane wreckage is in the screenshot.

7. Once you are done, head back down to the lighthouse and take screenshot 3 of you shooting a flare from, or at, the lighthouse. Make sure the lighthouse is recognizable in the screenshot. This is the final checkpoint.

8. Then take screenshot 4 of your "Days Survived" and your "death page summary".

9. Then come back to this post, and post your fastest time. (not the screenshots)

10. If you get killed, or don't like your time, try again :cry:

11. Fastest time posted by January 30th, 2016 will be declared the winner and "King of the Mountain".

12. Winner can then, post their 4 screen shots, and tell folks the story (if they wish) of how they accomplished the challenge so quickly!

Last but not least..... play fair and honest ;) This is just for some good community spirit and fun.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm... if one wants to participate in your challenge in a competitive way, your current rules make it pretty much mandatory to use an old safegame with a completely equipped character who has already realigned the ropes in TWM.^^

Nothing bad about that in general, but your challenge would be much more... well "challenging" if you had to start your game in DP and visit the lighthouse on day one of your game. Like that you would have to collect clothes, flares, etc. on the move and couldn't use the rope shortcuts in TWM. ;)

I think I'll play it that way. Will definitely take me longer than with a perfectly equipped character and already realigned ropes for sure, but I bet it's going to be great fun! Thanks for this idea!

Ah okay, I thought he meant the winner is whoever needs the fewest hours for the trip.^^

Anyway, I just did this challenge and it was really a lot of fun. :D

Startet the challenge at the lighthouse 4h into a new game, reached the plane at 2d 6h and returned to the lighthouse at 3d 5h.

So unless I miscalcalculated sth. the trip itself took me 73 hours. Days survived at the end of the challenge were 3d4h51m precisely.^^

So unless I miscalcalculated sth. the trip itself took me 73 hours. Days survived at the end of the challenge were 3d4h51m precisely.^^

There shouldn't be any miscalculating...... whatever your characters time is "days, hours, minutes" when you make the final screenshot at the lighthouse is your time.

And wow.... if you did it in a little over 3 days.... that's incredible!!!! :shock:

I was thinking it would take someone "at least" a week of game time.

Dang Scyzara ....... that's a fast trip!!

Hm... if one wants to participate in your challenge in a competitive way, your current rules make it pretty much mandatory to use an old safegame with a completely equipped character who has already realigned the ropes in TWM.

Not quite sure how you did your climb...... but you should be using brand new character with "0" hours, no clothing, no gear, no nothing, when you spawn on your first map, then gather what you can and then make it to the first check point (lighthouse) before you head to the summit of Timberwolf Mountain.

The lighthouse is used as the first "checkpoint" just so that everyone has a common starting point.

Yeah, I did that. I started a new game in DP, looted Hibernia, went to the lighthouse, went to the summit, went back to the lighthouse and made the final screenshot at 3d4h51m.^^

All good, I just got your set of rules wrong at the beginning. But I played the challenge as you intended it to be played. ;)

Yeah, I did that. I started a new game in DP, looted Hibernia, went to the lighthouse, went to the summit, went back to the lighthouse and made the final screenshot at 3d4h51m.^^

All good, I just got your set of rules wrong at the beginning. But I played the challenge as you intended it to be played. ;)

Wow ...... that is fast :shock: ... I'm hoping I can even make it to the summit in that time! LOL

Great Job!! ;) That makes you first on the Leaderboard.

"King of the Mountain" Leaderboard

Player Name: ......... Player Time:

1. Scyzara: ......... 3 Days, 4Hours, 51 minutes

Did you take the other screenshots?

Sure. Took all screenshots he requested as well as some screenshots from the new journal (which are a somehow more reliable proof imho as they can't be manipulated^^).

But it's definitely a bit sad that no-one else participated in this challenge... it was really fun. Maybe the time limit should be delayed a bit till the end of Jan. 1st or something.

PS:

No matter your time, the "King of the Mountain" title is still available. I'm female and will thus gladly take the title "Queen of the mountain" instead. :lol:

Thank you, but I really didn't do anything particularly special.^^

Just used a lot of flares & torches (both for the temperature bonus and to negate the need to avoid wolves) and drank about 20 cups of coffee on day two and three, that's it. Harvesting the coffee & tea cargo container in the echo ravine on my way to the summit was definitely helpful!

Really hope others will try this challenge as well. :)

Made it in 2 Days 8 Hours 47 Minutes. I was at the summit at dawn of the second day and thought I'd have to race to get all the way back before the third day, but I guess down is really a whole lot easier than up :)

Tons of fun. And a big change for me trying to do things fast. Usually I play as if time were an infinite commodity and try to maximize everything else based around using as much time as it takes. Good luck, all. 29 days of challenge remain, except for Scyzra who thinks its already February :P

EDIT:

94611D9B6C592B8A05C7654867CE619E0803AA8F

0BCF8EDD63CED1C3169A322CFF56762DAF1415FF

29DE47EC80A6BAAC716C205FD1AAC5B8A9B80A3B

44E0832A9DFF2BB27D2B7D6F7ABE94C1EC50A03B

Hopefully those are visible, otherwise I need to find another host. Drank 10 cups of coffee. Slept 16 total hours. Killed one wolf with an arrow to its knee. Got lost in the dark only twice. Freezing to death and exhausted.

SECOND EDIT:

I made quite a few mistakes and carried way too much gear, so I'm sure it can be done even faster. Good luck.

Hi there!

Nice Challenge! I tried it on 1st of January on Twitch and finally did it in 3 days 7 hours and 36 minutes. It was a lot of fun to do this and to share it with my audience, and finally with you. :-)

Here we go with the screenshots (It's all in german!):

1st Station:

screen_ce6a327f-46c9-48cd-a8b2.png

2nd Station:

screen_624cd339-1af4-4192-a34b.png

3rd Station:

screen_0ed7ae50-702f-42f5-8026.png

The Journal:

Day 1:

screen_8e8ef8ee-1b94-4f07-a844.png

Day 2:

screen_af96f8cb-6b8a-42c0-af5e.png

Day 3:

screen_09e52c97-afa3-4dc6-9dd4.png

Day: 4

screen_a609ae10-760d-480b-b3e8.png

Survival Time:

https://picload.org/image/wrgcpca/survival.png (Sry can't link it with 'img' tag :-/ )

For those who want to see how i made it i have created some Videos on my Youtube Channel. :-)

Playlist on Youtube:

It was a very nice challenge! =)

greets

Pausenclows

Guys & gals, you are really hellishly fast! Does it even make sense to still try and beat this? I've got a lot of RL work coming up in January and only just saw this. But maybe I'll find the time to try it. At last, speedrunning is coming to TLD. :)

Wow, my hats off to all three of you making that round trip so fast!!

I can tell I've got alot to learn yet!! LOL

Current Leaderboard:

Player: ....................................Time:

Selfless ........................... 2 Days 8 Hours 47 Minutes

Scyzara ......................... 3 Days 4 Hours 51 Minutes

Pausenclaws .................... 3 Days 7 Hours 36 Minutes

Guys & gals, you are really hellishly fast! Does it even make sense to still try and beat this?

Sure, one can (almost) always do better! And even if not, this challenge is great fun anyway! :D

I just gave it another try (optimized my travelling route a bit and consumed almost all calories as coffee to minimize my sleeping times) and made it in 1d 17h 42m. And even that's not the optimum for sure - I was slowed down a bit by three blizzards! Lucky me, really. :lol:

I think with enough luck regarding both coffee and weather it can probably be done in 1d 12h or even faster. ;)

56ce26688c6c0_day3.thumb.jpg.e7749302ac1

56ce266c18062_day2.thumb.jpg.c2a1ce05fc5

56ce266fb2e0a_day1.thumb.jpg.56803d62f83

56ce26737142a_finishlighthouse.thumb.jpg

Archived