Toolbelt

JerimiahSettle

The tool belt you get for buried echoes is COMPLETELY UNDERWHELMING. And it's yet ANOTHER ACCESSORY that will probably never be used. I really thought the belt was going to allow you to craft work bench recipes without a work bench, it would take damage as you craft things, but it would be repairable. Love the new area, love the story, love the insulated flask and travois. But the belt?     I don't like it, maybe it'll grow on me, but first impressions is not great. What do y'all think of it?

• Upvote 4

Yep, agreed, underwhelming -- esp. considering how much time and back-&-forth slogging goes into completing Signal Void and then continue on & get thru' Buried Echoes. This time thru I only took the Balaclava and left the other items.  Rarely carry a rifle and, once they're redundant, I leave prybars, hacksaws, tool boxes and heavy hammers in my base camps or fishing huts.

I actually liked the challenge/storyline, and the new areas are interesting; more desolate, with a heavier undertone and almost tangible feel of resignation. (still don't love the glimmer fog, but it seemed a bit-toned down this time, not as static-y)

It has been suggested that a new "slot" for 2 side accessories be included, which would be for holster, tool belt, and maybe add the choice of a quiver or "camelback" type water carrier. Great idea, IMO

As it is now, I'll just keep the crampons (at least early on for exploring the areas) and the satchel once I have acquired it.

• Upvote 2

Making the toolbelt allow us to craft things on the go is such a better idea. Cutting the weight off of 3 tools with the toolbelt and cutting the rifle's weight in half with the holster are meh. One moose hide satchel is better than both of those items put together. 

As it sits right now, there are also way too many Accessories. I don't want to have to give up my toolbelt, holster, or down underlayer for a set of crampons when none of those things actually layer over each other.

The solution is simple: Make the Holster and Toolbelt like the Technical Backpack, allowing you to permanently use them.

• Upvote 3