Interesting things you're finding in ZoC

In my game, human corpses that I swear were not there before, are suddenly appearing. Two in the Idle Camp.

I'm brand new to the region, and set up a base in the Idle Camp after thoroughly -- and I mean thoroughly -- going through it. The next day, I started looking around the immediate area, did some cartography, then went back to the camp to sleep.

The next day, I after breakfast, I go out and do some more exploring. Glimmer Fog sets in, and my shortwave goes off. I tracked down a supply cache 

Spoiler

at the Boss' Camp

and on the way back to the idle camp I notice there are crows feathers on the ground near one of the two bunkhouses. I look inside, and there's a corpse in the shower room that I swear on my life was not there before.

8 hours ago, GothSkunk said:

In my game, human corpses that I swear were not there before, are suddenly appearing. Two in the Idle Camp.

I'm brand new to the region, and set up a base in the Idle Camp after thoroughly -- and I mean thoroughly -- going through it. The next day, I started looking around the immediate area, did some cartography, then went back to the camp to sleep.

The next day, I after breakfast, I go out and do some more exploring. Glimmer Fog sets in, and my shortwave goes off. I tracked down a supply cache 

Reveal hidden contents

at the Boss' Camp

and on the way back to the idle camp I notice there are crows feathers on the ground near one of the two bunkhouses. I look inside, and there's a corpse in the shower room that I swear on my life was not there before.

Similarly, I found that there was a new corpse for me inside the Concentrator in the employee break room (in front of the fridge) that wasn't there before. This was after unlocking some doors in the mine.

I've had it for saplings too.  I was exploring an area in ZoC and I know there were no saplings there, just a bunch of birch bark (which I happily collected).  Fog rolled in and I made a snow shelter, and there were five birch saplings where the bark had been when I exited the shelter.

Yes the teddy bears!  This is making me think of this topic:

On 10/7/2023 at 8:12 AM, JackTrysGames said:

This may seem completely out of the blue, but I'd love to be able to pick up the teddy bears that spawn around the map. Maybe even an achievement for collecting all the teddy bears on Great Bear.

It'd just be nice to have a friend in the lonely Canadian wilderness, even if it's a stuffed animal.

Please, let me collect the teddy bears.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, GothSkunk said:

It's not just you... I have had the same thing happening multiple times (posted in a thread in technical issues). I did put a ticket in for this ... it's very unsettling & creepy, to say the least.

*Side Note* -- don't store anything you might want to retrieve later in the ZoC corpses

On 12/12/2023 at 5:48 AM, GothSkunk said:

I found a corpse indoors, laid out in front of the lockers on the next level up from the main entrance to the Concentrator, which was gone next time I came back there, and by the time I left the Zone it had reappeared, disappeared, and reappeared again, over the course of maybe an in-game week or so. But we know there's a bugfix coming in the next month or so, so I'm sure these things will settle out soon enough.