Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Looks beautiful! The colors are fantastic! Everytime I hear bleak inlet, memories from pensive lookout pop into my head. Such a great spot to cook something in the evening. I'd gather a huge bunch of firewood and cook my kill one piece at a time, enjoying the evening blizzard. The tranquility when you are inside and the muffled wind battering the lookout is out of this world cozy!!

30 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Looks beautiful! The colors are fantastic! Everytime I hear bleak inlet, memories from pensive lookout pop into my head. Such a great spot to cook something in the evening. I'd gather a huge bunch of firewood and cook my kill one piece at a time, enjoying the evening blizzard. The tranquility when you are inside and the muffled wind battering the lookout is out of this world cozy!!

Thanks!  I like how that map looks with the aurora,  I loved going out of my cave just to watch it at night. Now that you mention it, even if I spent a month and a half living in BI, I never stayed long in the upper part of the region, where the lookout is, which is a shame cause I remember liking the lookout when I briefly visited.

I just remember I dropped some loot there, so now I have an excuse to go back!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

I think you should make another post, not on screenshots per say, where you showcase all these beautiful panoramic aurora shots.  I think it would be make a good coffee table book!

Thanks a lot! maybe when I have enough I can make some kind of compilation post :)

I'm actually creating different content off the game. This is probably not the right place to share it, but I kind of did a "dynamic wallpaper", or something I could see as an alternate menu to the game. Shame I didn't turn the hud off, I wasn't planing on it, but it was such a beautiful sunset, I had to just sat there in a branch and watch. I added the music from episode 2, the theme "the lion's roar" which I love so much.

I leave a link to youtube since I know some people have trouble loading the vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVutGsSC708

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Shame I didn't turn the hud off,

no, actually, I'm glad you left it on.  as a player, I could relate to the image and feeling of the moment...

hunkered down, carrying an overweight rucksack, icy wind blowing steadily in my face as I watch that spectacular light show playing out before me.  Dead tired on my feet but still warm enough to continue watching as the song plays itself out in my head.  

well done, well done indeed!

• Upvote 2

I like your reaction. You start to ask yourself what happened there. It's these little things that the devs put in the world that starts a thinking process in the player's head and this leads to an automatic and very own storytelling. It's your fantasy and the fantasy of all other players coming across the various locations that builds the story of the game :)

This leads me to an idea: how about a thread where someone posts a screenshot of a location or a scenery and writes his or her own idea what happened there? In further posts other people will write their own story about the place, complementing or even pursuing the story from user 1.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:

Freaky shots Quiz 

Enjoy, and happy #screenshotsaturday !

1Electricity.thumb.jpg.cc240edb52a54df5ee969b65b45dd0a6.jpg

2Cave.thumb.jpg.08fd5817659cd394a22a4968e5a2cbcd.jpg

3Outside.thumb.jpg.531d1c867b5d4c9f1b96244fc99184d9.jpg

1: The Dam

2: oph, is it in the Story Mode? The one you pass through when finishing Ep 1?

3: Crumbling Highway was my initiate thought, but the background doesn't really fit. HRV and AC for sure not. Hm, since you go to positions the players normally can't reach it's hard to say. Hm, i stay with Crumbling Highway

• Upvote 1

Only with the light off! They make readers that don't have glare why not tablets/ laptops etc!

Anyway it's still light until gone 10 pm due to the unusually blue skies and mini heatwave we're having at the moment! ( Well for us it's hot anyway!28 c!)

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I really wish I could get rid of glare on my screen ! So many awesome pictures and I can't see half of them properly! My reflection spoils what  truly is  breathtaking scenery!

perhaps rearranging your sitting area so that the source of the glare is on the other side of your screen?  let the glare provide the backlight or perhaps a nice pair of room darkening curtains.  nothing ruins the gaming experience more than a wicked glare that impedes your ability to see your screen unobstructed, right?

• Upvote 1

Someone somewhere should have known it's a common problem! As I said those e-books are anti glare so why aren't tablets etc...? 

Unfortunate I'm stuck in bed at the moment facing the window! which doesn't help!don't like sitting in the dark during the day! 

On 6/14/2021 at 1:12 PM, Gun Tech. said:

@Karl Grylls 

1. You're on the right track! It's a riddle. Who? The answer is a name.
  2. Again, on the right track! The answer is two regions.
  3. Nope. This is a trickier one because out of bounds some regions are similar.

@Jens Nice shot but nope, try the other one! :)

I happened to be in the area and when crossing the cave I remember your post so I was looking up to see if I saw something similar. I'll keep it in mind and try to figure it out.

This one is pretty easy, but anyone knows where it is?

d-1.thumb.jpg.f7d20c5aac05a26a82df93c138cf1b15.jpg

19 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

Desolation Point, the small island where the bunnies are. You can see the pole of the Riken :)

Pretty close, but nope, not sure where you saw the RIken :)  Let's  see if this other shot helps, ;)  the weather can make it confusing. But I love those foggy sunsets.

screen_b4451cfe-f20d-4a9b-98ef-55193379a081_hi.thumb.png.d61a01bc7c2af00d380262bd3ef1a655.png