Menacing signs... Hinterland support overwhelmed...?

AdamvR

still seems weird: twice as many support requests in the past month, than all in the whole life of TLD...?
I mean, if this jump was after the Tales update during the summer, that I'd understand... but now...?
the merch store could not have triggered that many either, I think...
maybe some malicious bot from a disgruntled player...? There is no captcha before submitting a ticket...
Is everyone all right at the studio @Admin...?

Edited by AdamvR

3 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

still seems weird: twice as many support requests in the past month, than all in the whole life of TLD...?
I mean, if this jump was after the Tales update during the summer, that I'd understand... but now...?
the merch store could not have triggered that many either, i think...

There are a lot of newbies on the forum .. and there was a lot of disappointment about the merch store selling out so quickly..(which I forgot about until you mentioned it) could just be a combination of both.. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Resolved bugs not appearing in the listing perhaps.

It is about the ID of the opened tickets jumping by 46.000 within 3 weeks.
Even after the 'notorious' Tales update in April (?) it "only" grew by 4.000 in 5-6 months.
This is way off the chart...

(The list above is only the tickets I submitted; there are some resolved ones on the bottom of the page, from years ago...)

4 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

It is about the ID of the opened tickets jumping by 46.000 within 3 weeks.
Even after the 'notorious' Tales update in April (?) it "only" grew by 4.000 in 5-6 months.
This is way off the chart...

(The list above is only the tickets I submitted; there are some resolved ones on the bottom of the page, from years ago...)

It still doesn't show how many of the increased numbers are unresolved bugs.  If they are all about 1 or 2 bugs, then HL is hardly overwhelmed.  If a number of them have been cleared, HL is hardly overwhelmed.  If the number system changed (possibly because of the number of issues resolved in QOL update), HL is hardly overwhelmed.  If it is a bot, again HL is hardly overwhelmed.  You're jumping to a wild assumption here, IMO.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your explanation. I did not jump to a conclusion, but asked a question.
Why I think it might still be the case though, is that all of my tickets this year are open (black), only the ones from 2021 are resolved (green)
Have not heard a word from support this year, while in the tickets from 2021 we always had a discussion, providing further data, etc.

image.png.ac0de2040f822e4d0127020c19b6b668.png

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

Thanks for your explanation. I did not jump to a conclusion, but asked a question.
Why I think it might still be the case though, is that all of my tickets this year are open (black), only the ones from 2021 are resolved (green)
Have not heard a word from support this year, while in the tickets from 2021 we always had a discussion, providing further data, etc.

image.png.ac0de2040f822e4d0127020c19b6b668.png

You're still putting the "overwhelmed?" spin on it in your title.  You could have instead just asked the question as to possibly why the numbers jumped without the spin. 

The fans can only speculate.  HL knows the answer, and there are other possibilities instead of them just being overwhelmed.  Even if they are having some difficulty keeping up, I don't think they will answer any post with a "Yeah, we're overwhelmed at the moment."  Seems like that would be a bad business face to put out there.

As for me,  I don't really see any bugs that I'm terribly concerned about right now.  For me, the game is still very playable.  Sure, I have preferences about things I'd like to see changed, but so far, I've not encountered any bugs that actually break the game for me.

• Upvote 2

[personal response]
Thank you. I see that the last part of the title has completely derailed your answer.
Not sure what "spin" is.
Also not sure how to change the title if it is misunderstandable.
You might note, that Leeanda did not misunderstand the question, but responded on it on point.
When it comes to assumptions, I might add, that you made quite a few assumptions about me here in this post...
[/personal response]

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, AdamvR said:

[personal response]
Thank you. I see that the last part of the title has completely derailed your answer.
Not sure what "spin" is.
Also not sure how to change the title if it is misunderstandable.
You might note, that Leeanda did not misunderstand the question, but responded on it on point.
When it comes to assumptions, I might add, that you made quite a few assumptions about me here in this post...
[/personal response]

On point answer, repeated - There are several reasons that may have caused the jump in the numbering of tickets as shown in your image that do not involve HL being "overwhelmed" and that are not "menacing signs" of anything.

BTW - "Spin"  is slang for injecting a bias - which you have done in your question - leading the reader to think first about "menacing signs" and HL being overwhelmed.  The phrasing of your question leads the reader towards your assumption (or interpretation) about what the numbers mean.  That is all.

• Upvote 3

@UpUpAway95

Agreed...
There seems a lot of speculation going on, and the title implies the conclusion that some of the other subsequent posts seem to want to come to. 

As I've mentioned on other similar occasions:  

On 10/27/2023 at 3:29 PM, ManicManiac said:

I think it's probably better if we avoid speculation on maters that we don't really know the actual facts around.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I've flagged it for @Admin as well, so they can address the concerns however they feel is best.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3

@AdamvR
I never said you made accusations... and your sarcastic thanks seems meant to provoke reaction, which I will not give you.  :D 
I will not be drawn into an argument with you, and as I've said... better to let the admins address your concerns.

I've said my peace... and have no wish to get into a protracted argument/debate over "what may have been intended" vs "how it comes across to others."

So... I doubt I will be participating in the conversation any further beyond this point. :) 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

It still doesn't show how many of the increased numbers are unresolved bugs.  If they are all about 1 or 2 bugs, then HL is hardly overwhelmed.  

You mean, that if the 45000 requests received in 3 weeks, which is double than what they received in 10 years, then sifting them through and selecting what they are about, and what should be done with them - horribile dictu: responding to them - is a stretch to be considered overwhelming....?
(quick math: just spending 1 minute on each, it takes a person 4 full months of work not doing anything else)
Support has not responded to any tickets this year (the ones I submitted at least, but have read similar experiences from others as well)
The kindest way to explain it I believe is that they have too many to respond to.

If a number of them have been cleared, HL is hardly overwhelmed.

same as above.

If it is a bot, again HL is hardly overwhelmed.

same as above.

peace

Edited by AdamvR

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@AdamvR
I never said you made accusations... and your sarcastic thanks seems meant to provoke reaction, which I will not give you.  :D 
I will not be drawn into an argument with you, and as I've said... better to let the admins address your concerns.

I've said my peace... and have no wish to get into a protracted argument/debate over "what may have been intended" vs "how it comes across to others."

So... I doubt I will be participating in the conversation any further beyond this point. :) 

you keep thinking too much into it. really.

Just now, Leeanda said:

@AdamvR   where did you get the info..steam?     

it is the support portal, zendesk.
when you log in, you can see all the support requests you filed, all correspondence and their status (and the ID, which is apparently growing by one when you submit subsequent requests)

5 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

it is the support portal, zendesk.
when you log in, you can see all the support requests you filed, all correspondence and their status (and the ID, which is apparently growing by one when you submit subsequent requests)

Oh I see..thank you..

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that it's because of the merch store..   I know a few were asking about order confirmation and things like that..   and given how much was sold it kind of tallies ..

That's my two cents anyway...   😊

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that it's because of the merch store.. 

That kinda fits, given the time frame… but it does seem like an awful lot to solely account for that massive increase in bug reports for the game itself. There is probably a whole host of other factors involved.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

That kinda fits, given the time frame… but it does seem like an awful lot to solely account for that massive increase in bug reports for the game itself. There is probably a whole host of other factors involved.

Probably... I know the fix caused a few bugs too..  whatever it is I'm sure htl will sort it out when they can.. I'm in no hurry,except maybe the bear thing😁

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

lol, I'm just sitting here laughing about that argument earlier 😂 like, I get both sides, but it's still funny.  I really don't know what else you'd call this though without making the readers have any assumptions... 🤔"Hinterland support numbers" maybe?  Idk, still funny though.

5 minutes ago, Third Try said:

lol, I'm just sitting here laughing about that argument earlier 😂 like, I get both sides, but it's still funny.  I really don't know what else you'd call this though without making the readers have any assumptions... 🤔"Hinterland support numbers" maybe?  Idk, still funny though.

How about "Why is there a jump in the support ticket numbers around October 23?"  It gets rid of the implication of it being something "menacing" and essentially asks the same question.