Menacing signs... Hinterland support overwhelmed...?

AdamvR

On 11/24/2023 at 2:11 PM, Raphael van Lierop said:

This is a silly thread. There's nothing 'going on' with our support tickets. Some people seem very desperate to make drama!

While I agree the question could have been asked differently, I don't see anything "silly" about the issue brought up.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 9:50 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

How about "Why is there a jump in the support ticket numbers around October 23?"  It gets rid of the implication of it being something "menacing" and essentially asks the same question.

Full disclosure - for those interested:
- Once I realized the title might not match my intentions, I've been looking for a way to change it, but I have not found any options for that (if someone knows, please, enlighten me!)
- Originally I've been looking for a word that means "signs that may mean something bad is happening/coming"; for the same "menacing" came to my mind, but I understand in hindsight that it might have been too strong/misleading. "Phantom Menace" has been translated to my mother tongue into an expression meaning something similar to the expression I was looking for, hence, I automatically assumed menacing would be the right expression in English, without crosschecking it.
My bad. I did not mean to mislead anyone or cause any drama.

Yet, seeing some getting hung up on/derailed by the title as opposed to the content immediately following it, did not help the "silly" discussion.
Thanks for all opinions shared though.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

Full disclosure - for those interested:
- Once I realized the title might not match my intentions, I've been looking for a way to change it, but I have not found any options for that (if someone knows, please, enlighten me!)
- Originally I've been looking for a word that means "signs that may mean something bad is happening/coming"; for the same "menacing" came to my mind, but I understand in hindsight that it might have been too strong/misleading. "Phantom Menace" has been translated to my mother tongue into an expression meaning something similar to the expression I was looking for, hence, I automatically assumed menacing would be the right expression in English, without crosschecking it.
My bad. I did not mean to mislead anyone or cause any drama.

Yet, seeing some getting hung up on/derailed by the title as opposed to the content immediately following it, did not help the "silly" discussion.
Thanks for all opinions shared though.

Apology accepted.  I understand your concern, but it's still not a question that HL can logically be expected to answer on a public forum IF things are going bad in any way.  It's simply bad business for a company to suggest they're overwhelmed and can't keep up with whatever number of support tickets they happen to receive.  All they can do is take whatever internal steps they can to try to keep up with the requests for support as they get them.  No doubt, they're busy people.  The fans can best help them out just by being patient.  HL's history shows that they are one of the better gaming companies out there when it comes to responding to player concerns and actually addressing whatever bugs happen in their game.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

On 12/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, Admin said:

Please remember that Hinterland is a small independent developer. Our Support Team strives to respond to all reports as quickly as possible, but as you can imagine, releases are our busiest time. We appreciate your patience, and please know the team is looking into your issues and we will resolve them as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we are not able to follow-up with every individual report that is submitted. But we appreciate them all.

Thank you Hinterland for the above note. I believe it really helps manage player expectations, and has a positive effect.
I'd also confirm, that some of the submissions have been followed up after the latest update - thank you!