Lucky Me

Bloodskye

11 hours ago, Bloodskye said:

I'm sorry friend, I'll trade you 2 of mine for a bearskin bedroll and an expedition parka

I'll take em... I do happen to have an extra bearskin bedroll, however I strongly recommend the ptarmigan-infused bedroll instead.  It's warmer and lighter. Plus you get to shoot arrows at those absolutely adorable ptarmigans to keep it in good condition. WAY better than that bear...!!!
No expedition parka but I have an extra moose hide coat in a locker somewhere, I forgot where tho. You can have it, it's heavy.

Just remembered - I also found a bonus pair of crampons earlier on my current run (same one with the batteries). Can't actually remember where they were, but I think it was shortly after I'd grabbed the regular pair from the mine, so I think it was probably somewhere in AC or TWM, but I could easily be wrong. Just lying about in the world in a normal random loot spot - kinda took me by surprise. Don't think I've found the Curator's rifle yet in this run tho, so maybe that was my compensation.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:00 PM, artmunki said:

Just remembered - I also found a bonus pair of crampons earlier on my current run (same one with the batteries). Can't actually remember where they were, but I think it was shortly after I'd grabbed the regular pair from the mine, so I think it was probably somewhere in AC or TWM, but I could easily be wrong. Just lying about in the world in a normal random loot spot - kinda took me by surprise. Don't think I've found the Curator's rifle yet in this run tho, so maybe that was my compensation.

Sadly still no Curator's Rifle on my main run....sigh, still bugged. Also my main HAD the boats that wash up on CH but they were invisible with the loot just floating. And there were two of them right next to each other. Same loot in the same spots. Guess I should be grateful for the double flare guns.

On 10/22/2023 at 3:15 PM, Bloodskye said:

Sadly still no Curator's Rifle on my main run....sigh, still bugged. Also my main HAD the boats that wash up on CH but they were invisible with the loot just floating. And there were two of them right next to each other. Same loot in the same spots. Guess I should be grateful for the double flare guns.

Yup, I think I just had a phantom boat in CH too - distress pistol, coupla flare shells, marine flare & a fish all floating together on the tideline.

On 10/16/2023 at 9:03 PM, Bloodskye said:

Soo this is clearly a bug but I'll take it. I kept going into the window to pass through the Dam and Vaugh's Rifle just kept spawning.

In my opinion, Vaugh's Rifle is the best variant anyway.  I think that "better durability" beats "more damage" as the more valuable trait every single time.
I'd be fine with missing out on the Curator's Rifle in exchange for three of Vaugh's.  :D 

28 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

found my second spelunkers lantern

Sounds like a very lucky bug!  I'm headed to Ash Canyon next in my current run.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I'm currently in the cave system between Bleak Inlet and Forlorn Muskeg and intending to head to Mystery Lake on the way to Ash Canyon.  Perhaps I'll take a detour to check on those. 🤭

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ManicManiac said:

In my opinion, Vaugh's Rifle is the best variant anyway.  I think that "better durability" beats "more damage" as the more valuable trait every single time.
I'd be fine with missing out on the Curator's Rifle in exchange for three of Vaugh's.  :D 

Sounds like a very lucky bug!  I'm headed to Ash Canyon next in my current run.

I'm currently in the cave system between Bleak Inlet and Forlorn Muskeg and intending to head to Mystery Lake on the way to Ash Canyon.  Perhaps I'll take a detour to check on those. 🤭

I left it in the cave ,so help yourself😊

I'm happy taking the curators but I don't have an issue with visiting the cannery to fix it,so I kind of get why you prefer Vaughn's..  curators is very pretty though😊

• Upvote 1

Oops, I made a mistake (and it's worth clarifying, I think)

5 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I mixed up my variants... I cited Vaugh's Rifle, but I realize now I had confused Vaugh's Rifle with Barb's Rifle.

It was Barb's Rifle that has the better durability...
Differences from Hunting Rifle:
Base weight is 0.5kg more than the Hunting Rifle
Firing rate is the same as the Hunting Rifle
Reload cooldown is the same as the Hunting Rifle
Total durability is 33% more than Hunting Rifle
Range is the same as the Hunting Rifle

Vaugh's Rifle is actually the opposite. :D 
Differences compared to the Hunting Rifle
Base weight is 1.0 kg less than Hunting Rifle
Firing rate is 1.0 second quicker per shot than Hunting Rifle
Reload cool-down is 0.5 seconds quicker than Hunting Rifle
Total durability is 33% less than Hunting Rifle
Range is the same as the Hunting Rifle

...so while I misspoke, my sentiment is the same.
I think durability is king among the variants.

This means my ideal set would be:
Woodwright's Bow
Forester's Revolver
Barb's Rifle

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1