Most failed attempts

Leeanda

Going fishing and having all 4 of my lines break without catching a thing. That was yesterday. Another of my favorites is the freezing to death in a blizzard because you failed 6 times to start a fire. Bonus if you threw the controller and the batteries came out and rolled under the bed, not that that has ever happened….

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TiffTastic said:

Going fishing and having all 4 of my lines break without catching a thing. That was yesterday. Another of my favorites is the freezing to death in a blizzard because you failed 6 times to start a fire. Bonus if you threw the controller and the batteries came out and rolled under the bed, not that that has ever happened….

😅😅. I may have broken a controller once.....  maybe twice..

I've had three lines snap before..  and miles away from the nearest gut to craft any more.

1 minute ago, ninja_rob said:

Yoooo people actually KILL bunnies with rocks... like WHAT?!? Okay Hawkeye

Well I don't use stones any more, I did use arrows to get archery level up a bit, but I use the new fire hardened ones now.  But only if I need to..

I don't like wringing their necks so no stones.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well I don't use stones any more, I did use arrows to get archery level up a bit, but I use the new fire hardened ones now.  But only if I need to..

I don't like wringing their necks so no stones.

Yeah I always feel bad wringing their necks. I like to use arrows too. Havent gotten to use the fire hardened ones yet.

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

They don't last long but I still prefer to use them than wear regular ones out..

Well I just realized i forgot my arrow stash in coastal highway, 2 maps back. Trying to decide if I want to deal with going and getting them. Jackrabbit island is not close. Or i can try the new arrows, cause i got the shafts, just no arrowheads. Only have 3 regular arrows on me

3 minutes ago, TiffTastic said:

Well I just realized i forgot my arrow stash in coastal highway, 2 maps back. Trying to decide if I want to deal with going and getting them. Jackrabbit island is not close. Or i can try the new arrows, cause i got the shafts, just no arrowheads. Only have 3 regular arrows on me

You only need sticks and feathers for the fire hardened ones,no shafts needed..  they only work on birds and rabbits though.. 

They might scare a wolf off if you're lucky but won't harm them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You only need sticks and feathers for the fire hardened ones,no shafts needed..  they only work on birds and rabbits though.. 

They might scare a wolf off if you're lucky but won't harm them.

That works, just looking for an excuse to do something new…ive got a revolver with like 30 rounds for the biggies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TiffTastic said:

That works, just looking for an excuse to do something new…ive got a revolver with like 30 rounds for the biggies.

It's still fun to shoot wolves on the nose with the arrows though😁.      But have fun trying them out.

• Upvote 1

@Leeanda

I think my highest string of consecutive of failed attempts for mending was about 6 (if I remember correctly).

Though I did, a long time ago, have a 24-karat run of bad luck with fire-starting...  It amounted to 8 wasted matches (of which I had 10 at the time).
Needless to say, after that experience I started using torches or a mag-lens for all fire-starting attempts from then on. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda

I think my highest string of consecutive of failed attempts for mending was about 6 (if I remember correctly).

Though I did, a long time ago, have a 24-karat run of bad luck with fire-starting...  It amounted to 8 wasted matches (of which I had 10 at the time).
Needless to say, after that experience I started using torches or a mag-lens for all fire-starting attempts from then on. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I expected both fire and mending to be very high on this thread...    rng can be really cruel...

I think I've only used the mag lens twice,just for the novelty of it..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Assuming you are referring to repairing clothing - hmm...I can't remember precisely, but I'd guess 3-4?  9 for you?!  The RNG gods were not looking down on you that day!!

Not just mending...anything goes.🙂.   No kidding with those boots... it was all the leather from the summit ,plus from two pairs of shoes I got from a container at deer clearing..

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Not just mending...anything goes.🙂.   No kidding with those boots... it was all the leather from the summit ,plus from two pairs of shoes I got from a container at deer clearing..

I can't really recall any failed attempts that exceeded maybe 4.

• 2 weeks later...