THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.22 on (Xbox, PlayStation, and Epic Games Store)

Admin

It's just past 4am and I woke up from having one of those dreams where I dreamt up new game mechanics. It was a cross between Skyrim's Alchemy and this game's cooking system. Add different ingredients to the pot, see what you get. Sometimes you produce slop, which is edible but generally unpleasant and provides you with an "upset stomach" debuff that saps your movement speed. Or if you find a successful recipe on your own, you better remember it, or write it down.

Edit: The more I think about this, the more I like the idea. It puts the power entirely in the player's hand. Experiment on your own, or wait six months and Google it if you're that sort. (No judgement here, we don't all necessarily have all the free time in the world to screw around like this.) Either way, the power is in the player's hand.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

It's just past 4am and I woke up from having one of those dreams where I dreamt up new game mechanics. It was a cross between Skyrim's Alchemy and this game's cooking system. Add different ingredients to the pot, see what you get. Sometimes you produce slop, which is edible but generally unpleasant and provides you with an "upset stomach" debuff that saps your movement speed. Or if you find a successful recipe on your own, you better remember it, or write it down.

Edit: The more I think about this, the more I like the idea. It puts the power entirely in the player's hand. Experiment on your own, or wait six months and Google it if you're that sort. (No judgement here, we don't all necessarily have all the free time in the world to screw around like this.) Either way, the power is in the player's hand.

I like it 🤞.    Finally a use for all those uneaten sardines I have laying around...  

On 8/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, JigglyN said:

@Admin Is there a time table for a Series S frame toggle fix? The game was running at a smooth 60 frames and now it hasn't. I've been waiting for over a month now... 

Thank you for reaching out. We are still working toward a resolution for this, and we will provide more information as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience. 

17 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

Any update on the variants and gold nuggets getting hotfixed soon?

Hi, @Enigmaecho! Are you referring to the issue with the Curator's Rifle not spawning in some circumstances, or is there something else you're inquiring about? We're working toward a resolution for spawn issues with the Curator's Rifle, but we want to make sure we're addressing your questions and concerns, and not missing anything. 

Also, is there any additional information you can provide about the gold nuggets? Thanks in advance!  

32 minutes ago, Admin said:

Hi, @Enigmaecho! Are you referring to the issue with the Curator's Rifle not spawning in some circumstances, or is there something else you're inquiring about? We're working toward a resolution for spawn issues with the Curator's Rifle, but we want to make sure we're addressing your questions and concerns, and not missing anything. 

Also, is there any additional information you can provide about the gold nuggets? Thanks in advance!  

Hey sure, for me it isn’t the curators after 4 restarts I am in an existing run from after update 2 and found all the original variants (curators, Vaughns, barbs, woodright, spelunkers) from the part three release the hunters revolver and miner’s flashlight did not spawn

About the gold nugget, going off my understanding from other threads the gold nugget was supposed to be a guaranteed spawn in two of the random bunkers that spawn out of the 9 locations, in the bunker I had spawn with the Forest talkers beige backpack and safe behind the crate the gold nugget wasn’t in there for me just cash, if the  nugget is a useless Easter egg id like it for the collection run I’m on but if there’s no future intended use it’s not something I’m gonna lose sleep over the miners flashlight I would love to see resolved asap though 

Thanks for the reply 🙃

• Upvote 2

On 8/11/2023 at 10:48 AM, Enigmaecho said:

Hey sure, for me it isn’t the curators after 4 restarts I am in an existing run from after update 2 and found all the original variants (curators, Vaughns, barbs, woodright, spelunkers) from the part three release the hunters revolver and miner’s flashlight did not spawn

About the gold nugget, going off my understanding from other threads the gold nugget was supposed to be a guaranteed spawn in two of the random bunkers that spawn out of the 9 locations, in the bunker I had spawn with the Forest talkers beige backpack and safe behind the crate the gold nugget wasn’t in there for me just cash, if the  nugget is a useless Easter egg id like it for the collection run I’m on but if there’s no future intended use it’s not something I’m gonna lose sleep over the miners flashlight I would love to see resolved asap though 

Thanks for the reply 🙃

It sounds like the variants may just be poor luck, although you are welcome to file a ticket for further investigation just to be sure. http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

As for the Gold Nuggets, they do not serve any practical purpose. Can you confirm the experience mode you are playing on? 

Thanks in advance, @Enigmaecho

1 hour ago, Admin said:

It sounds like the variants may just be poor luck, although you are welcome to file a ticket for further investigation just to be sure. http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

As for the Gold Nuggets, they do not serve any practical purpose. Can you confirm the experience mode you are playing on? 

Thanks in advance, @Enigmaecho

Roger on the nugget bummer but is what it is no sweat as for variants Poor luck in what sense? I can assure you I have throughly checked the far range and the flashlight is not there and I only know of the hunters bunker as the hunters revolver spawn but I’d happily take spoilers to confirm for you 🤭 I’ve seen a lot of other reports of folks missing the flashlight and hunters revolver as well? I am playing on the same custom as mentioned in previous discussions loot spawns all turned to max and I did file a ticket about the nugget and variants a few days after the hotfix after I confirmed the recipes and mementos fixed which I am thrilled to report did but the variants didn’t I believe @Leeanda is having the same ones bugged

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

Roger on the nugget bummer but is what it is no sweat as for variants Poor luck in what sense? I can assure you I have throughly checked the far range and the flashlight is not there and I only know of the hunters bunker as the hunters revolver spawn but I’d happily take spoilers to confirm for you 🤭 I’ve seen a lot of other reports of folks missing the flashlight and hunters revolver as well? I am playing on the same custom as mentioned in previous discussions loot spawns all turned to max and I did file a ticket about the nugget and variants a few days after the hotfix after I confirmed the recipes and mementos fixed which I am thrilled to report did but the variants didn’t I believe @Leeanda is having the same ones bugged

I think it's just not spawning in old custom runs...  My son started a new custom run yesterday and the miners light turned up ...  

I don't want to have to start again .. I'm nearly on 500 days  on this run and ive  already done as much of the tales as i can ,plus  most of the collectables etc....   

Can't believe series s fps still hasn't been fixed, this is crazy. I keep checking back hoping that its been fixed, but it's been over a month and a half now, with it being close to the top of the known bugs list as well. I guess I chose the wrong time to try to really get into this game, and to show my support by buying the whole game plus dlc, won't be making that mistake ever again. Sadly, I think I'm done, I won't be supporting this studio any further.

3 hours ago, Toki1666 said:

Can't believe series s fps still hasn't been fixed, this is crazy. I keep checking back hoping that its been fixed, but it's been over a month and a half now, with it being close to the top of the known bugs list as well. I guess I chose the wrong time to try to really get into this game, and to show my support by buying the whole game plus dlc, won't be making that mistake ever again. Sadly, I think I'm done, I won't be supporting this studio any further.

I can certainly understand your frustration.  Perhaps shelf the game for a month or 2 and try it again, hoping it's fixed?  It really is a great game (when working properly) :)

Edited by hozz1235

My son has just had an issue while playing his new save... 

He went into a house and after searching a few places he could no longer interact with anything...   He couldn't drop the lit match ,exit the building or use anything in the radial menu either.

He had to quit and reload the game... 

I don't know if this has happened to any one else, or if it's a known issue or not..

Edited by Leeanda

19 hours ago, Toki1666 said:

100% feel you on this. The game was running GREAT before the update on Series S and then it just gets taken away. Literally playing this game every day and it all came to a screeching halt for no reason. Especially after the money I spent for the expansion it's been a month and a half of "Sorry you just gotta keep waiting".

20 hours ago, Leeanda said:

My son has just had an issue while playing his new save... 

He went into a house and after searching a few places he could no longer interact with anything...   He couldn't drop the lit match ,exit the building or use anything in the radial menu either.

He had to quit and reload the game... 

I don't know if this has happened to any one else, or if it's a known issue or not..

I had that, too. Couple of times. It's not only with matches, also happens with torches.

At least one big streamer, Tomasina, had that happen to her at least twice during a stream. I don't know if someone already reported that bug, since zendesk is a god-awful, completely outdated, early-2k state of the art mess of a bug report platform, so as a bug reporter you can't see or determine, if a bug has already been reported or not (now, if there only were some good free and opensource alternatives for that /s) .

The crazy thing: Issues seem to be "baked" into the save. I had similar issues, where I would constantly run into strange issues in one run but they never would show up in a new run. Load up the other run and they are back.

So no, your son is not alone.

1 hour ago, heypeterman said:

I had that, too. Couple of times. It's not only with matches, also happens with torches.

At least one big streamer, Tomasina, had that happen to her at least twice during a stream. I don't know if someone already reported that bug, since zendesk is a god-awful, completely outdated, early-2k state of the art mess of a bug report platform, so as a bug reporter you can't see or determine, if a bug has already been reported or not (now, if there only were some good free and opensource alternatives for that /s) .

The crazy thing: Issues seem to be "baked" into the save. I had similar issues, where I would constantly run into strange issues in one run but they never would show up in a new run. Load up the other run and they are back.

So no, your son is not alone.

Thank you for confirming that..   I'll file a report.

I've had a lot of small random bugs on a run and not in others..  all minor ones but the bigger the game gets there are bound to be more problems.. I trust hinterland will  fix them ,as and when they can..

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2023 at 7:02 AM, Toki1666 said:

We are still working on this issue for an upcoming update. We understand your frustration, and we are working to provide more information as soon as possible. We hope you consider joining us again in the future. 

On 8/14/2023 at 7:12 PM, Enigmaecho said:

Just checking again for clarification on the “bad luck” comment is support not looking into remedies for those saves not having the hunters revolver and miners flashlight?

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2023 at 12:53 PM, Enigmaecho said:

Just checking again for clarification on the “bad luck” comment is support not looking into remedies for those saves not having the hunters revolver and miners flashlight?

Happy to clarify! We are absolutely investigating reports, however, many instances of missing items (in general) are simply because items either haven't been found yet, or they are set to spawn infrequently. We are more than happy to help in those cases where items not spawning are the result of a bug or issue with the game. 

7 hours ago, Admin said:

Happy to clarify! We are absolutely investigating reports, however, many instances of missing items (in general) are simply because items either haven't been found yet, or they are set to spawn infrequently. We are more than happy to help in those cases where items not spawning are the result of a bug or issue with the game. 

Thanks! Spawn infrequently as in they can spawn after the run has started?  If not could you confirm wether or not there are more flashlight spawns aside the office in the train tunnel, the yellow rail car on the bridge or the red rail car in woods? It wasn’t there for me so far 

12 hours ago, Admin said:

I really hope this isn't the case with the variants,  if it is you guys really should've explained that possibility sooner.  Cause there's a lot of people that are way more completionist than others that are going to be rather upset if this is why we can't find them sometimes.   People like collecting things.

6 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

Thanks! Spawn infrequently as in they can spawn after the run has started?  If not could you confirm wether or not there are more flashlight spawns aside the office in the train tunnel, the yellow rail car on the bridge or the red rail car in woods? It wasn’t there for me so far 

I've literally scoured all of transfer pass and connected region and it's not anywhere..