THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.22 on (Xbox, PlayStation, and Epic Games Store)

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.22 (118386) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition), and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Xbox and PlayStation. Please note that the update for Epic Games Store will also follow in the next 24-48 hours. 

GENERAL

• UI - Fixed a rare issue that would cause text to overlap in the TALES menu.
  • Audio - Fixed an issue that could cause a Survivor's voice to unintentionally change between voice options.
  • Audio - Fixed an issue where footstep audio would stop playing after a player climbed a Vine.
  • UI - Fixed an issue with the logic for how the Bedroll appeared in the Radial. The Bearskin Bedroll and Improved Down Bedroll will now appear in the Radial Menu, provided they are the warmest Bedroll option available.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where a lit Match would remain lit after passing through a waterfall.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Mementos to vanish if they were spawned in a car visor, and the player reloaded the environment (either through loading a save file, or transitioning to another area.) If the note was already lost in your current save, you may need to reload again or transition in and out of the current Region.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue where there could be a mismatch between the weight of some Dishes depending on where you viewed them (ex. Backpack vs. Recipes).
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Rose Hip Pies to affect Thirst. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed a stacking Broth increase error due to a bad calculation based on increased Cooking skill.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Ptarmigan to become stuck, if killed in mid-flight.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue with item spawning near areas bordering open Ocean (including Bleak Inlet, Desolation Point, etc.), where some items (such as Sticks and Coal) would appear less often than intended.
  • Gameplay - Fixed a rare issue that prevented new cooking items and Recipe Cards from spawning. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that prevented the Ptarmigan from spawning in Custom Game modes.

XBOX

• Fixed an issue that prevented players from being able to enter text in the Daily Log or General Notes tabs of the Journal.

Please note that we continue to work toward a resolution for an issue where Calorie Bonuses are not applying correctly to some food items. We will provide more information as soon as it is available.

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 3

XBOX

• Fixed an issue that prevented players from being able to enter text in the Daily Log or General Notes tabs of the Journal.

Please do not hesitate to file bug reports! I filed a bug report on this very issue, and now it is fixed (I doubt I was the only one, so I am not taking credit for this). Thank you, Hinterland!

• Upvote 1

I didn't find the recipe at the lodge but I could still make the pie..    not complaining but is it supposed to be like that?

Also @Admin  I'm still finding multiples of coal sticks and stones, albeit in a lot less quantities.

Still,I love the updates so thanks again😊

Edited by Leeanda

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

I went back to the lighthouse in Desolation point to check if the recipe spawned and it did ! Coastal fishcakes. Im going to check if the rest spawned today. 

:D 

I got that one too this morning😊.  

Still unsure why I know the lodge recipe when I never found the recipe card itself. 

I had submitted a ticked because of the memento cache in bleak inlet in the back of the truck since the key didn’t spawn. Since the update I have found a memento note leading to the lighthouse but unfortunately no key to the cache by the truck. I have loaded the game a couple of times and exited and re-entered twice is the something I’m missing? 

@Admin   there's still no memento note at bricklayers in BlackRock. And the memento cache itself at the radio shed doesn't exist..  it should be in the green box but it's no longer there because of the signal void box replacing it. 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

On 7/25/2023 at 6:34 AM, SlippedGear said:

Please do not hesitate to file bug reports! I filed a bug report on this very issue, and now it is fixed (I doubt I was the only one, so I am not taking credit for this). Thank you, Hinterland!

You're very welcome! And we always appreciate it when players submit Support tickets. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2023 at 8:12 AM, Leeanda said:

I didn't find the recipe at the lodge but I could still make the pie..    not complaining but is it supposed to be like that?

Also @Admin  I'm still finding multiples of coal sticks and stones, albeit in a lot less quantities.

Still,I love the updates so thanks again😊

Thanks, @Leeanda! I think this could merit a ticket to the Support Portal, just to ensure things are working as intended. Thank you in advance! http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

• Upvote 1

I found two recipes at Thompson's crossing this morning..    even though I picked the recipe up before the fix it wasn't on my list until I picked up these new ones.   

Definitely not complaining but I wondered if anyone else has the same thing?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SlippedGear said:

I found a second Lily's Pancakes recipe in the same place as the first one in Milton. I did have it in my recipe list before from the first time I found it, now I have it twice in my inventory.

I found another one too,only instead of on the floor it was on the table.

I found all three potential Stalker Pie recipes in the same run. All within maybe 100m of each other, in the same general area.

And for clarity, yes, I now have 3 copies of the recipe.

Edited by ajb1978

7 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I found all three potential Stalker Pie recipes in the same run. All within maybe 100m of each other, in the same general area.

And for clarity, yes, I now have 3 copies of the recipe.

I have two lily's pancakes and three Thompson stew on my pages.    .. I think technically I'm only missing hrvs and forsakens but I have 10 recipes already

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I have two lily's pancakes and three Thompson stew on my pages.    .. I think technically I'm only missing hrvs and forsakens but I have 10 recipes already

I’ve found a second Lillys but haven’t been to other spots if you don’t pick it up you can move it around the building I’ve set mine in display 🙃, better to have multiple than not spawn though right, lets just say they’re copies from the great bear ladies auxiliary cookbook 😉

Edited by Enigmaecho
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

I’ve found a second Lillys but haven’t been to other spots if you don’t pick it up you can move it around the building I’ve set mine in display 🙃, better to have multiple than not spawn though right, lets just say they’re copies from the great bear ladies auxiliary cookbook 😉

Never thought of just moving it somewhere...  Lol..  but definitely better than none.    Those old ladies can certainly cook😁