How should I store food from the new update? (Frontier comforts)

ArsenicMonkey

Frankly they seem to decay so incredibly quickly regardless, I've taken to not cooking them unless I'm already boiling up a buttload of water and have no excuse to NOT cook and eat something immediately.

Which honestly, is pretty realistic. I mean how often do you bake a pie and throw it in the snow outside for 3 weeks?

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

Being in Pilgrim I can only say that in my experience the pies and stews I have cooked would decay like meat meaning inside they decay about 3% a day inside and outside they decay about 1% a day.  The only exception was broth which seems to have a much longer decay curve that seems more like the 1,000 day decay curve and kept well in that case when left outside. 

Frontier Cooking output is not something I would make a huge pile of then keep for a long time though if you have level 5 cooking you can eat what would be ruined food at any time.  I did not see any change in the calories or anything else with things like bannock when it got close to ruined condition.  

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Salt says that it's used for 'preserving', so I wonder if there is going to be a way to preserve food better in the future. If they eventually add a way to preserve meat, then maybe they will also add airtight jars to store ingredients/meals. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...