Where is the travois? (Why haven't we gotten it yet?)

It's been 3 update cycles now and we still haven't gotten the most exciting feature of this DLC (an incredibly core feature sadly locked behind a paywall), a travois. Are we going to get it at the very last update cycle or something? Each update this is all I wish for, and it still hasn't showed up in an update, despite this all being in development for ~7 months now.
With the shortcomings that have made this DLC sour in people's mouths, the travois could easily be something to turn the tide and have people want to play the game again. At this point I just wish to know if we're gunna get it by next update or in a year when the DLC is finally finished.

4 hours ago, Serenity said:

Speak for yourself. I don't consider it the most important thing and can easily do without it

Obviously everyone can do without it, it's what we've been doing the whole time until now. I just wish they were a bit more transparent with the roadmap instead of having these updates past the first one be a bummer when they don't include the travois.
And of course, keep in mind my comment about it improving people's opinions. The DLC needs something big right now to combat the negativity, and the travois would be a surefire way to do so. Just saying...

The Travois is coming in a future update, and we will share more information closer to its release. Many players are excited about different features for different reasons, and there is no one right way to enjoy the game. We hope you enjoy the Travois when it is available, and we appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

• Upvote 2

On 6/21/2023 at 11:30 PM, Wgairborne said:

It's been 3 update cycles now and we still haven't gotten the most exciting feature of this DLC (an incredibly core feature sadly locked behind a paywall), a travois. Are we going to get it at the very last update cycle or something? Each update this is all I wish for, and it still hasn't showed up in an update, despite this all being in development for ~7 months now.
With the shortcomings that have made this DLC sour in people's mouths, the travois could easily be something to turn the tide and have people want to play the game again. At this point I just wish to know if we're gunna get it by next update or in a year when the DLC is finally finished.

I really dislike this attitude. The game is very reasonably priced and has had years of free updates. The latest update is my favourite so far and there's plenty of time to tweak it to iron out any small issues it has. Hinterland were clear about what the DLC was and that it would be released piecemeal.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 7:58 AM, James Hickok said:

I have grown fond of Forsaken Airfield region and its my fav one currently. Its wide open terrain and the feeling of remotness is cool. Would be really great if they added the travois in the 2nd update. I would prefer it ten times over as a reward for finishing signal void than the backlava - i mean it would work great with the region would it not? I was silently hoping to see it in the 3rd update but guess we will have to wait more. I hope to see it in the next one tho. 

Not that it matters, but I think the reward for completing the tale (if there is such one thing) is the holster, not the technical balaclava...

• 2 months later...

It will be interesting to see the mechanic HL comes up with. 

• Will it be an actual object you interact with (such as a rock cache)? 
  • How will it be moved? 
  • Will there be an animation when we're pulling it? 
    • If so, how will it affect our movement? 
    • When going up or down hills? 
  • If you fall through ice when pulling it, what happens to it? 
  • If we can haul it up rope-climbs/"rosehip climbs", will we need to unload it first?

So many questions!

• Upvote 1

TBH while this thing might be realistic in terms of real world survival (for once), I don't understand the need for it at all now that you can get 15 kilograms (moose hide, well fed, technical backback) of extra weight gifts on top of your regular 30kg carry weight. In fact you can also add on top of that 5-10kgs of weight while still moving relatively smoothly...

• Upvote 1

Another couple possibilities, certain items may take damage from falls while in it, maybe in some cases your pull lines will break and you'll have to leave it behind till you can repair them, if you put meat in it there's a chance for it to be torn up and stolen by predators.