My “Realistic” Difficulty Run

SuperStriker16

This is the start of my “realistic” difficulty run. If you do not happen to know that that is, I have stated that in the polls associated with this run. Hope you enjoy watching me (hopefully) survive.

Made it to the dam, and immediately got a knife, hatchet, prybar, and revolver and other things. Got a bunch of food as well, I changed it to voyager loot last minute because I was afraid that if I did stalker or loper loot, there would be no good clothes, or food and I wanted the ability to get every item in the game. An unintended side effect with making time 3 times slower was the fact torches burn 3 times as long as well as fires, stats drain 3 times slower, and now that I realized it, animals will take 3 times longer to bleed out.

4439436D-4821-464A-A32F-176E93CFAE8F.png

3BCEC79F-9604-4EE5-8225-71E2FB70CC3C.png

905DD36B-CAEA-43EF-8E86-96EB936CFA57.png

• Upvote 3

I enjoy 2x myself (main reason virtually all my runs are custom).  I don't think animals will necessary take 2x to bleed out... I've had many go do very quickly.  Seems to be somewhat random.  Of course, you can always pass time (which goes by at the same pace).  On the downside, it will take you longer IRL time to get to the 500-day mark (if that is a goal for you on this run).

AFAIK, stalker loot has all the shinies as Voyageur (that is, I can think of anything that voyageur can get that stalker can't).  There was a community challenge run called All Your Bases awhile ago (modified pilgrim run) that had a requirement to collect certain amounts of various items and assemble them (as attractively as possible) at a single base.  I don't know if the list is still up somewhere on the net, but you can probably find some VODs of some of the runs of the participants on Youtube.  It was a different sort of challenge than most... and a lot of fun.  I didn't participate officially in the tournament, but I played along.  It game some meaning to the exploration of various parts of the world map and I learned a lot about how to place items around an actual base (I'm generally a "throw it all on the floor" sort).

As I said on the other thread... Enjoy your run!!!

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I enjoy 2x myself (main reason virtually all my runs are custom).  I don't think animals will necessary take 2x to bleed out... I've had many go do very quickly.  Seems to be somewhat random.  Of course, you can always pass time (which goes by at the same pace).  On the downside, it will take you longer IRL time to get to the 500-day mark (if that is a goal for you on this run).

AFAIK, stalk loot has all the shinies as Voyageur (that is, I can think of anything that voyageur can get that stalker can't).  There was a community challenge run called All Your Bases awhile ago (modified pilgrim run) that had a requirement to collect certain amounts of various items and assemble them (as attractively as possible) at a single base.  I don't know if the list is still up somewhere on the net, but you can probably find some VODs of some of the runs of the participants on Youtube.  It was a different sort of challenge than most... and a lot of fun.  I didn't participate officially in the tournament, but I played along.  It game some meaning to the exploration of various parts of the world map and I learned a lot about how to place items around an actual base (I'm generally a "throw it all on the floor" sort).

As I said on the other thread... Enjoy your run!!!

I think @Zaknafein still has it on ytube.. I watched him do that challenge. Looked quite fun.. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

You guys can watch the video right? when I posted this earlier on my I Pad I was able to, but I can't on my school chromebook that i'm on right now. It could be that i'm on this school computer, but I want to make sure that you guys can. 

I can.... sort of.  With my internet, I'm getting a huge amount of buffering and there is no way for me to scale back resolution when I watch videos on this website.  Maybe the school has limits on such things?

• Upvote 1

I recorded this one diffrently than the others, I was able to watch it on my I Pad. My school has Securly on our computers (which i'm typing on rn btw) which i'm assuming is the issue, I was able to bypass securly to be able to type on this forum and log in with my account. Unfortunatley, it takes me off my unblocking software when I click on any videos so I can't know for sure. 

33 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Can you actually get the achivement with a custom run like this? It isn't the main goal but I could definitely make it a goal. 

AFAIK, some achievements are still available in custom runs.  Achievements related to Wintermute are not, of course, available in Survival runs whether or not they are standard.  Feat progression is not available in custom... so you wouldn't be able to earn the Efficient Machine feat in this run; but you could get the Centurion Achievement (survive 100 days).

ETA:  Feat progress, BTW, can occur over multiple standard difficulty runs.  Therefore, you could earn efficient machine by surviving 100 days in 5 different standard difficulty runs or even surviving 1 day in 500 different starts.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

but you could get the Centurion Achievement (survive 100 days).

I'm assuming that I can still get other achivements like faithful cartographer, will to live, and skilled survivor right? I already got Centurion with my voyager run from the past before the update. 

3 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

I'm assuming that I can still get other achivements like faithful cartographer, will to live, and skilled survivor right? I already got Centurion with my voyager run from the past before the update. 

As far as I know, yes... unless they've changed something more recently and disallowed achievements in custom runs (but I haven't heard about anything like that).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Ok good, I wanted to get Faithful Cartographer this run,  Thanks for the conformation.

Faithful Cartographer can be a bit tricky... at least it used to be very finicky about exactly how you mapped some of the icons (which may have been since improved or even changed after they brought in the polaroids).  After two failed attempts to get it from long detailed mapping runs of around 500 days, I finally followed the list on this website and just bee-lined for each of the icons and mapped only those things... got it in a run under 50 days.

Hopefully things will go smoothly for you. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SuperStriker16 said:

You need to map all poi's (named locations) to get the achievement right? is there somewhere else I need to map? Is it all regions or just some specific ones? 

Not sure whether they've kept up adding new locations as new regions were added to the game.  I did my achievement years ago when the overall map was much smaller.  One area of difficulty was mapping the icons for transitioning from one region into the another... be sure to map these from both sides of the transition and make sure the "double-arrows" appear on your map.  IIRC, there were other issues in Milton where, for example, the water tower was moved (I'm sure this was fixed) and a completely irrelevant location in Mystery Lake (not sure if that requirement was removed or not).

• Upvote 1

Well, for anyone who wanted me to camp at trapper’s, you came to the right place! That’s where I spawned for my second attempt at this challenge, I fixed the issues from the first and like I said, where I spawn is where I set up my main base.

the code if you want to see my new setup.ABB84B48-1EF2-492F-A947-BBD7EAFEB600.thumb.png.688ac07239807eaaf2b7799743bc1fb0.png

Found this knife.
51ECFEEF-28E7-4DA1-8844-A8556F3A9C9B.thumb.png.ce2af85bf9a2db92411d77f344cbe374.png

my plan is to get ash canyon complete asap, so I’m now headed there.

A3D29B85-F1F9-47C5-A725-6C04CC711C3C.thumb.png.6a22db25689f673dd0eeb8687c15b5cf.png

• Upvote 2

Here’s the day’s adventures (so far)

Made it to ash canyon.

486B86CD-19EB-48DA-9307-C0A63EE1CC20.thumb.png.62ecd38b26964f26155a9899eaaefee1.png

Found a flare gun and 7 shots on the way to the cabin. (I already took 4 shells)9D145C9C-3228-4D78-983F-A4324FD83616.thumb.png.43853a97205473e55718a6b233dc543d.png

I found this wolf and scared it off with the torch dropping, high wolf fear I guess, it would have got me otherwise.

While making my way up to the gold mine, I found a hatchet, and bow.1B726174-C169-4772-9605-49F94ED3BCBF.thumb.png.e146bb6c4d49aedd317eb3e00b72d1a3.png1B726174-C169-4772-9605-49F94ED3BCBF.thumb.png.e146bb6c4d49aedd317eb3e00b72d1a3.png

I made it to the miner’s camp, found the curator’s rifle outside and down the creek, I then proceeded into the mine.

3C761ECB-D339-4D01-B9E6-44B09555342F.thumb.png.68b9988eca350943dfdef30718e30250.png09CDC7CE-5AC9-4D2D-AFF7-815A52D2EC60.thumb.png.f8901f8f0b8a036c816421db3a14e46d.png

inside the mine I found this hammer near the climbing equipment behind some minecarts, then got to the good stuff.

4AB4F29D-D6D3-41A0-BD8A-41680E2B4F0F.thumb.png.8356bfaf58293f7c508f86fd5d1ada7a.png790D3006-5205-4BFE-B89F-07A7B04E17D5.thumb.png.577bb6552573061b6cc8df1cc6a67230.png

I did some inventory management, dropped a bunch of gear, the bow and arrows, and a few other things.

I also ran into this bear when I doubled back to look for a revolver. You can see what happened. 

I found the bear, supposedly dead, the crows made a nice touch, but if you look closely it was still breathing. I guess it had to return to its home planet or something.

And I finally made it to miners folly and beyond, finally found this revolver.

9B6B866C-CCB5-4E67-96B3-9A07D48E4282.thumb.png.5d587a20765a1e51d8334893925c8886.png

6EFEB093-7489-4543-BB1F-8F14CA2B9548.png

28ACB660-4863-4D6F-878D-2173AD34E72A.png

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SuperStriker16 said:

I also ran into this bear when I doubled back to look for a revolver. You can see what happened. 

That's some impressive goating there, especially picking up the shell casings 🤩

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, xanna said:

That's some impressive goating there, especially picking up the shell casings 🤩

I’m usually pretty good at finding improvised cover wherever I’m at, thanks for the complement. I need those shells if I want to recycle ammo, so there usually my top priority for after I’ve dealt with the threat.

• Upvote 1

The Xbox app won’t let me upload, delete, or post any screenshots or videos, not sure why, so for now you guys will have to take my word for it. I finished the ash canyon map getting all named locations, killed a moose, 2 wolves and skinned a dead deer, took all their hides and the guts from the moose. I’m currently headed back to Timberwolf Mountain, which next thing I want to do is to get to the summit, after that, I will be headed to Blackrock.

• Upvote 1