My “Realistic” Difficulty Run

SuperStriker16

1 minute ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Yeah, things are getting pretty funky rn on my runs, I was playing the loper run but when I tried to skin a bear id shot, and it wasn't letting me skin it, wanted the pelt but I guess it's just too bad for me.

Seems to be a few harvesting issues around..  

I did wonder how your run was going.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Check this one:

image.thumb.png.19577bea835665b95c15ea3ce892ac04.png

Thank ..  I've just left ash actually but I've been searching that entire area and half the map for two irl days trying to find that cache and didn't notice any there..    no cache either so I think mines bugged ..   I left ash in a not very happy mood earlier😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Thank ..  I've just left ash actually but I've been searching that entire area and half the map for two irl days trying to find that cache and didn't notice any there..    no cache either so I think mines bugged ..   I left ash in a not very happy mood earlier😁

I didn't think AC had a ShortWave Radio Cache since it's not connected to a zone with a transmitter?  <edit>  Just checked the Wiki - guess I was wrong!  Time to go cache hunting again!  Want me to let you know if/where I find it?

Edited by hozz1235

9 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I didn't think AC had a ShortWave Radio Cache since it's not connected to a zone with a transmitter?  <edit>  Just checked the Wiki - guess I was wrong!  Time to go cache hunting again!  Want me to let you know if/where I find it?

I meant the ordinary cache. I haven't got that far with the tales yet. I can't go back to FA because of the fog so im stuck  for now.  But thanks .  😊

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I meant the ordinary cache. I haven't got that far with the tales yet. I can't go back to FA because of the fog so im stuck  for now.  But thanks .  😊

Ohhhh....the bunker (prepper cache).  Yeah, that's a tough one to find.

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

Ohhhh....the bunker (prepper cache).  Yeah, that's a tough one to find.

Two saves and numerous hours of looking ,including your thread ,ytube and wiki ,and I've finally given up...    

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

YT video didn't show how to reach it either??

The only ones I found showed the actual cache and contents , and the view over the cliff..which was a deep drop and a ton of trees....which is pretty much everywhere from above😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2023 at 3:06 PM, Leeanda said:

The only ones I found showed the actual cache and contents , and the view over the cliff..which was a deep drop and a ton of trees....which is pretty much everywhere from above😁

Well, if you want me to create a video showing the path to it, let me know.

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2023 at 6:08 PM, Leeanda said:

I love the giant  birch bark... Makes me smile every time😁

I found a giant birch wood for the time ever in the game. It was in Ash Canyon just outside at Stone Shelf Cave and I found more than one in different places in Ash Canyon after I found the first one. 

It made me smile too and I hope it stays in the game. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

I found a giant birch wood for the time ever in the game. It was in Ash Canyon just outside at Stone Shelf Cave and I found more than one in different places in Ash Canyon after I found the first one. 

It made me smile too and I hope it stays in the game. 

That's a pretty big one but there have been even bigger ones... Sadly not as much as there was when ash was first introduced..  the entire screen was covered when you looked at it😀.   

Big enough to camp under too

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's a pretty big one but there have been even bigger ones... Sadly not as much as there as when ash was first introduced..  the entire screen as covered when you looked at it😀.  

The ones I found that were large all looked to be the same size. I had always heard of people finding the giant birch bark but thought it must only be PC but I'm playing on the PS4 and its there too.

I did put it into my inventory to see if it was any heaver but it weighed the same as the normal size birch bark.

Edited by Lone Walker

3 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

The ones I found that were large all looked to be the same size. I had always heard of people finding the giant birch bark but thought it must only be PC but I'm playing on the PS4 and its there too.

I did put it into my inventory to see if it was any heaver but it weighed the same as the normal size birch bark.

I'm on Xbox and I've always had them...    Since the last update there does seem to be a lot less but  back then they were everywhere 😊

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm on Xbox and I've always had them...    Since the last update there does seem to be a lot less but  back then they were everywhere 😊

I haven't seen them before in any region I was in and Ash Canyon was the only region I seen the giant birch bark.

In the other regions I've been to so far the birch bark was a normal size. I have yet to fully explore Timberwolf Mountain and I haven't yet been to Hushed River Valley, Milton, Blackrock, Bleak Inlet and I have only been to some parts of Forlorn Muskeg. 

Edited by Lone Walker

3 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

I haven't seen them before in any region I was in and Ash Canyon was the only region I seen the giant birch bark.

In the other regions I've been to so far the birch bark was a normal size. I have yet to fully explore Timberwolf Mountain and I haven't yet been to Hushed River Valley, Milton, Blackrock, Bleak Inlet and I have only been to some parts of Forlorn Muskeg. 

Oh sorry I meant the big ones were everywhere  in ash canyon..   everywhere else they're normal sized.  

I hope they don't fix the bug though .😊

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Oh sorry I meant the big ones were everywhere  in ash canyon..   everywhere else they're normal sized.  

I hope they don't fix the bug though .😊

I noticed a few big ones in Ash Canyon but there were small ones too, there could have been larger ones in other regions but I never really looked for them but any that I did pick up were normal size expect in Ash Canyon where some were large.

I'll be keeping an eye out now in other regions and checking the birch bark to see if I can find any large ones in other regions.

4 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

I noticed a few big ones in Ash Canyon but there were small ones too, there could have been larger ones in other regions but I never really looked for them but any that I did pick up were normal size expect in Ash Canyon where some were large.

I'll be keeping an eye out now in other regions and checking the birch bark to see if I can find any large ones in other regions.

That bug has only ever been in ash canyon.   When the area was first put it ,most of the bark was giant but since then they have  been getting less. Now you're more likely to find normal ones but it's still possible to get the big ones.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That bug has only ever been in ash canyon.   When the area was first put it ,most of the bark was giant but since then they have  been getting less. Now you're more likely to find normal ones but it's still possible to get the big ones.  

If you are in Ash Canyon again have a look just outside at Stone Shelf Cave where the burnt trees are as that was where I found my first giant birch bark.

Its a fun bug.

I've had floating matching on a bridge too in Ash Canyon, all sorts of strange going on's in there , giant birch bark, floating matching and strange noises.

4 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

If you are in Ash Canyon again have a look just outside at Stone Shelf Cave where the burnt trees are as that was where I found my first giant birch bark.

Its a fun bug.

I've had floating matching on a bridge too in Ash Canyon, all sorts of strange going on's in there , giant birch bark, floating matching and strange noises.

I keep forgetting about  those match's😁.   I never bother picking up cardboard ones so I just ignore them..   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

I keep forgetting about  those match's😁.   I never bother picking up cardboard ones so I just ignore them..   

I have lots of matches, that's the one thing about playing on Pilgrim as there is lots of matches. I leave some spare ones in caves and other places like buildings with stoves or fireplaces.