Forsaken Airfield: Beware of the back access.

acada

I couldnt resist. Sorry for the title. But seriously. When you want to leave FA, you can take the road. Or you can go North from the hangar through the mountains. It leads to place, where you must cross a ravine on fallen log. Easy task you say. But I took one wrong step when entering the log and I was trapped in the terrain. I was not able to get back on the log. And since I sprained my ankle behind the log, exiting the game was no good. Not sure whether I should report it since I got (more likely goat) away. It costed me only 50% of pants and about 33% of health. Here it is in picture.

screen_(223, 303, -1334)_8cb774a2-500a-403e-b1f6-ee38bb1e6592.png

• Upvote 1

Actually, I fell in the same "hole" and managed to get back up on the tree by staying crouched and circling around back to the left of your picture (going first right, under the tree, then back up on the left side).

After seeing that reply down 👇, I try and rephrase it... I admit it's particularly not understandable ;)

So you fell between a fallen tree and a cliff, but if you crouch, you can go forward a few steps, pass under the tree-bridge to the left of it, and climb up the slight slope back to the start of the tree-bridge. There you can once again climb on the tree and bridge the gap.

Any better ?

Edited by DaGnome91
clarity... I hope

I tried wigling my character under the log, here and there. No luck. I crawled under the log on the oposite side. But there was something like invisible border. I could not walk up the slope. So I decided to goat down. As I am no expert in this, I managed. But at a cost. I remember I saw nothing under my feet one time. It was scary view.

• Like 1

Funny thing from IRL. I am a rock climber. I have no problem with heights usually. Except one time. North Coast trek in Madeira. 200-400 meters above sea level. It is pretty wide path, but at one moment I could see almost 360° right and left and up and down (mind you about 300m). So nothing to see but blue sky and blue sea. At this momet I got pretty scared. I had to clinch the wall behind me. The fact that there was no rock under my feet but mud on the rock did not help. Other than that I was able to cope with heights pretty normal. 

If you wanna see my shame, my girlfriend (now my wife) took a picture crawling me from the spot: 
image.jpeg.4e80053d7cd16c1867b37210cd6e924a.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, acada said:

Cosa graciosa de IRL. Soy escalador. No tengo ningún problema con las alturas por lo general. Excepto una vez. Caminata por la costa norte de Madeira. 200-400 metros sobre el nivel del mar. Es un camino bastante ancho, pero en un momento pude ver casi 360 ° a derecha e izquierda y arriba y abajo (eso sí, unos 300 m). Así que nada que ver excepto el cielo azul y el mar azul. En este momento me asusté bastante. Tuve que cerrar la pared detrás de mí. El hecho de que no había roca bajo mis pies sino barro sobre la roca no ayudó. Aparte de eso, pude hacer frente a las alturas bastante normales. 

Si quieres ver mi vergüenza, mi novia (ahora mi esposa) me tomó una foto arrastrándome desde el lugar: 
imagen.jpeg.4e80053d7cd16c1867b37210cd6e924a.jpeg

Wow! looks amazing and spooky at the same time, I'm close to the Madeira Islands and its great trekking trails, it's a pending destination for me.

I think it is worthy trip to Madeira. But you have to be cautious a little. After one week on those levadas, we were so "secure" that when walking on bridge we selected the railing for walking. It seemed safer at the time for us. Nothing bad happened, but looking back. What a fools.

If you plan a trip, try end of April, start of May. We were lucky and floral festival took a place. What a view. Every girl on the island went to the parade, all wearing flowers, flowers cars, flowers on streets.

image.jpeg.3bc74e9b87973f03c3f224ffe0c9b466.jpeg

• Upvote 1

There are a bunch of "holes" like this that I have experienced in the game. Two most recent I can recall are in BR, there is a fence that looks like you can squeeze through over near the Old Substation. If you try to walk through, you are trapped and no amount of wiggling, crouching, or cursing gets you out. No sprain, so I just reloaded and moved on. The second one in recent memory was in Ash Canyon up on High Meadow. There is a triangle there that looks like it goes around a corner, but does not. Step on it, and reload or die.

On 4/19/2023 at 10:00 AM, acada said:

I couldnt resist. Sorry for the title. But seriously. When you want to leave FA, you can take the road. Or you can go North from the hangar through the mountains. It leads to place, where you must cross a ravine on fallen log. Easy task you say. But I took one wrong step when entering the log and I was trapped in the terrain. I was not able to get back on the log. And since I sprained my ankle behind the log, exiting the game was no good. Not sure whether I should report it since I got (more likely goat) away. It costed me only 50% of pants and about 33% of health. Here it is in picture.

screen_(223, 303, -1334)_8cb774a2-500a-403e-b1f6-ee38bb1e6592.png

Thank you for posting. We'll investigate this location, but please don't hesitate to report other issues if they arise: http://hinterlandgames.com/support

• 2 months later...