Death Comes

Bloodskye

After a bear mauling ,I was left with hardly any life left so I fixed myself up with the meds and thought I was safe to sleep.  I wasn't. I died almost instantly.  I think it was about 400 days in the run.   I've never played with bears off passive since. 😊

Silliest - Probably missing grabbing a rope at the top (about the middle of one my one-region runs, say, Day 25.

Worst - Walking off the trestle bridge in a blizzard (I had so much good loot in that run) - Day 3.

I detest bear maulings at any time... scare the bejeezus out of me.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:57 PM, ManicManiac said:

My stupidest death happened a couple of years ago... I'd just started a fresh run, (and while I was doing fairly well) I stupidly forgot to pay attention to the temperature and froze to death while harvesting a wolf for food. :D ...It was a well deserved death.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:54 PM, ManicManiac said:

I was working on mapping 100% of Desolation Point (in an attempt to map every inch of Great Bear Island).  While I was trying to make my way up to a better vantage (so I could clear out some stubborn black spots on my map), I some how managed to "slip" and got stuck in the terrain between a boulder and a tree... my run ended with my survivor reenacting "127 Hours"... only with death at the end.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:33 AM, ManicManiac said:

While it wasn't my first encounter with a bear... it was one of my earlier encounters and most memorable.

I was hunting the bear that liked to stalk through Hibernia on Desolation Point:

• I let it get to close; it started to charge
  • My shot was panicked and failed to bring it down
  • I back peddled to try and get another shot... heard ice cracking under my feet.
  • Got mauled...
  • Fell through the weak ice immediately after... pulled myself out (of course soaking wet and hypothermic)
  • Got mauled again, before I could even stumble away...
  • Very promptly died.  :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Never made those mistakes again.

On 3/23/2021 at 2:40 PM, ManicManiac said:

I too have found a few "instant kill" spots:
Mystery Lake: goating up on the ridge line near the dam.
Coastal Highway: goating up on the rocks/ledges above/behind the Trailer at the Train Unloading area.
Broken Railroad: goating on the ridge line on the left side of the collapsed bridge (above the ravine). **Same one you mentioned I'd suppose**
Raven Falls Ravine: basically anywhere below the path that's not in the tight radius where a climbing rope down into the ravine would be expected to be deployed. :D

Has anyone out there found any others?

^ I know there are more... I even ran across a few more ^

On 6/10/2022 at 7:22 AM, ManicManiac said:

But that's when tragedy struck...
I seem to have fallen victim to what I can only hope is a one off bug.
As I was climbing up the plank (still on the plank and not reasonably near any live wire)
I suddenly saw a read flash and saw the message that I was getting electrocuted somehow... and before I could even react

^ Update, it was not a bug...  (context, the mine in Coastal Highway down the elevator shaft) just unlucky enough that the very edge of my hitbox faintly brushed a live-wire and I was fried in the span of seconds. :D ^

:coffee::fire::coffee:
“Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki.  But something much worse comes for you...  for when you die, it will be without honor.”
~ Master Splinter (1990)

3648088-7.jpg (480×268)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

I was busting up pallets outside of carter, (the broken ones that take like 45 minutes to break up with a hammer). I was in interloper, progressing nicely but on low health, i was actually warm as it was the end of the day becoming night, so it was about to become cold. I had sucessfully broken up a 45 minute one for 3 or 4 reclaimed wood and needed more, so I found a 2 hour one that would give me 12 wood, it had just started getting slightly cold (one arrow down) and thought i was fine. so i started breaking up that 2 hour pallet with 30-40% condition... 

a blizzard hit immedeatley and I should have paid more attention as i was distracted at the moment irl. I froze to death super fast as i was already cold before. R.I.P.

• Like 1