I am finally a Skilled Survivor!!

Wow, after over a year (in game) of survival mode, I finally tonight mended my bedroll and got the final piece of the SS puzzle, Mending 5 Master! That was a very long time coming skill to achieve! Got 10 points from a book in HRV, which pushed me close to the finish line. Went to Milton to dump loot, sewed up all my clothes, back to HRV and first item I repaired got me to perhaps my favorite game accolade ever! Glowing right now...

• Upvote 2

Congrats.  That one does take awhile.  I remember that I wanted to deliberately end my character at the 500 day mark (I never take a character past 500 days, just not my thing) and time was running short.  I had plenty of cloth so resorted to mending my bedroll after every use and mended my clothing at 99% just to get it by the 500th day.

Nicely done! That's one of my 3 goals too. The other two are goating down the TWM summit using no ropes and surviving Last Prospect Mine.

I actually made it through the mine last night for the first time. Got the noisemakers and blueprint. It was NOT as bad or scary as I anticipated. I will say I made it out with literally 4 seconds left so that was a bit crazy.... I barely ran to check for loot lol. I feel accomplished!

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2023 at 8:07 PM, TonyInPleasantValley said:

Wow, after over a year (in game) of survival mode, I finally tonight mended my bedroll and got the final piece of the SS puzzle, Mending 5 Master! That was a very long time coming skill to achieve! Got 10 points from a book in HRV, which pushed me close to the finish line. Went to Milton to dump loot, sewed up all my clothes, back to HRV and first item I repaired got me to perhaps my favorite game accolade ever! Glowing right now...

Congrats!