An Unsung but Welcome Trend.

One of my favorite things about this update is actually the sheer amount of buildings in the new Airfield region that are still connected to outside and don't need a loading screen! Reminds me of the vibes from Mountaineer's cabin and the church in desolation point. 

Some of my favorite places to hole up in TLD are ones like these. Community Hall is still my favorite but the train station hub is really neat. Kinda wish it had more storage tho. 

• Upvote 9

I agree. Even since Timberwolf Mountain came out, along with Mountaineer's Hut, I've been hoping that Hinterland would stray a bit from loading screen confined safehouses, and add more 'loading screenless' buildings.

Sadly it's never really been a thing, other than maybe some spots here and there. Well, until now I guess.

Edited by APixelatedLemon

10 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Some of my favorite places to hole up in TLD are ones like these. Community Hall is still my favorite but the train station hub is really neat. Kinda wish it had more storage tho. 

Collect 50 rocks and build your own storage 👍🏼

I’m curious what the coal chute purpose is…. But it already looks like a good place to duck out from a cougar

5 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I hate to give spoilers about it but I enjoyed its use fo what it was. 

Unfortunately you can only have one rock cache in a region I believe but yee I did consider that. 

But I love spoilers

Let me guess, a massive bonfire to light the entire region!?

7 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I hate to give spoilers about it but I enjoyed its use fo what it was. 

Unfortunately you can only have one rock cache in a region I believe but yee I did consider that. 

actually 5 rock caches per region, just to clarify, unless that was changed also without anyone knowing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarrowStone said:

If "base customization" allows for moving plastic/metal containers then things will get really nice at the hub station. 

lol, I am really looking forward to what changes this base customization is going to bring us.  I love my mods that provided qol improvements so I really am hoping that there are some serious improvments in this area of the game.

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2022 at 5:42 PM, MarrowStone said:

One of my favorite things about this update is actually the sheer amount of buildings in the new Airfield region that are still connected to outside and don't need a loading screen! Reminds me of the vibes from Mountaineer's cabin and the church in desolation point. 

Absolutely, i love that as well! Thats also one of the reasons i like the Watchtowers in ML/BI. If they wouldnd be in a middle of nowhere, with nothing or just timberwolfes outside, i would chose them as main base. Adds a little more comfyness, somehow. Imagine Trappers Hut with the ability to look outside :D

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2022 at 5:42 PM, MarrowStone said:

I very much agree with this. It gives a completely different feeling to wake up in the morning and have a quick glance out the window to check on the weather. I hope we'll have more of this in the future. 

Had I only had a workbench in the island cabin, it would nigh on been my favourite haunt in the game. Great view over the vast lake, whenever the fog isn't around that is!

I agree!  What I like the most is that I don't have to go outside to see what the weather is doing!  I have made my nest in the Out Of Control Tower where I can see if there is any more wildlife volunteering to be my next throw rug.  :)

I am hopeful that Cougar can be used to make undies, that would be comfy warm AND stylish!

Rule #41 of The Quiet Apocalypse:  SEMPER UBI SUB UBI !

• 4 weeks later...