Anyone find item variants yet?

If you do go to HRV and find the new bow...don't use it until you get to Level 4.

It is irreparable right now...so if you use it before you reach level 3 you'll get a total of 100 shots with it.

If you use it after Level 4 you'll double that to 200.

Could it be made repairable eventually, sure...maybe they'll add a master workbench.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Wish I would have hit HRV as one of my first zones.  My path has taken me all the way to Blackrock.

I went from FA to AC, from AC to BRM, from BRM to HRV and then back to FA, took me only about 140 days, one big jolly roundtrip :D

But now that I'm back in FA and have explored the whole map, I'm asking myself if I should go for another round. I have a bear and a moose cut into pieces and partially barbecued at final approach and once I've devoured it all I'll probably go looking for the remaining rifle variants or wait for the next DLC content.

3 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

It's actually one of my favorite maps, especially on interloper, second only to AC - and now there is even more incentive to go there ;)

hehehe  To each their own, of course~  You are right about Ash Canyon, tho. That region is gorgeous~ I did manage to go back to HRV and find the bow, now I can give the middle finger to HRV for good and head back to my base in PV~ ^u^

Found Woodright's Bow by a corpse with two new arrows

by the Ice Cave entrance just above Long Shot Falls~

Just found Vaughn's Rifle, thought I'd add a pic for the curious among you:

Found in main turbine room in Dam. Pic shows it loaded with 9 rounds, it weighs 3 kg when not loaded. As for the "fragile" in the description, I am not sure yet, but it might degrade quicker from being fired - needs further testing though

screen_b7f27108-4f6a-4bac-906d-af32d34216a4.thumb.png.32d4a445f28802403292a97c45804283.png

On 12/12/2022 at 4:57 PM, ChillPlayer said:

Ah okay, thanks. But it is not confirmed yet what has already been released? From this thread so far only Rifle, Lantern and Bow have been found - I have the first two, guess I'm heading to HRV now.

Nope, I know the other ones!

Curator's Rifle and Barb's Rifle

On 12/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, hozz1235 said:

Got Curator's.  54% condition on day 90.  Now all that's left is Barb's.

Reveal hidden contents

Ash Canyon - High Meadow - next to a corpse on a ledge.

Found Barb's.  Confirmed all 5 items can be found in a single run.

On 12/16/2022 at 4:10 PM, RossBondReturns said:

If you do go to HRV and find the new bow...don't use it until you get to Level 4.

It is irreparable right now...so if you use it before you reach level 3 you'll get a total of 100 shots with it.

If you use it after Level 4 you'll double that to 200.

Could it be made repairable eventually, sure...maybe they'll add a master workbench.

I see the Woodwright's as something to hang on the mantle.  It functions exactly like the Survival Bow (weighs slightly more) but just degrades slower.  It's a trophy at this point.  If they make it repairable in the future, I'll use it just cuz it looks cooler ;)

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1

On 12/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, hozz1235 said:

Got Curator's.  54% condition on day 90.  Now all that's left is Barb's.

Hide contents

Ash Canyon - High Meadow - next to a corpse on a ledge.

Has anyone else found any other locations to find the Curator's rifle in Ash Canyon? This location is the only one I've seen proof of so far (Lithar on YT posted a vid of it last week). :(

Well.... I'm convinced there is a bug in the programming or something, because I've been to all four locations in AC for the Curator's Rifle in the Wiki as well as one other location given to me by Lithar of YouTube and it's not at any one of FIVE locations in this game.  :T  This has been one unbelievably annoying and frustrating search.  I'll give it a go again probably in the new year after an update or two.

11 hours ago, DaPepster said:

Well.... I'm convinced there is a bug in the programming or something, because I've been to all four locations in AC for the Curator's Rifle in the Wiki as well as one other location given to me by Lithar of YouTube and it's not at any one of FIVE locations in this game.  :T  This has been one unbelievably annoying and frustrating search.  I'll give it a go again probably in the new year after an update or two.

You may have a save where there is another location?  I know, seems unlikely that the wiki editors haven't found it yet.  May be worth a support ticket.

• 3 months later...