Anyone find item variants yet?

30 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Ah okay, thanks. But it is not confirmed yet what has already been released? From this thread so far only Rifle, Lantern and Bow have been found - I have the first two, guess I'm heading to HRV now.

For the record I looked all over HRV and didn't find it.

I found Barbs Rifle somewhere in CH (not spoiling location) just region it also spawns in multiple places.

I found Spelunker's Lantern  (Between TWM and AC) but it spawns in multiple places.

On 12/9/2022 at 2:25 PM, hozz1235 said:

There are supposed to be 5 tool variants.  Have we found them all?

• Lantern - Yes
  • Vaughn's Rifle - Yes
  • Woodwright's Bow - Yes
  • Knife?
  • Hatchet?

To summarize (and correct), sounds like we've found 4 of the 5 referred to in the video?  Sounds like there is a 3rd rifle variant - has anyone found it yet?

• Vaughn's Rifle
  • Barb's Rifle
  • ____________ 3rd Rifle???
  • Spelunker's Lantern
  • Woodwright's Bow

4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

To summarize (and correct), sounds like we've found 4 of the 5 referred to in the video?  Sounds like there is a 3rd rifle variant - has anyone found it yet?

• Vaughn's Rifle
  • Barb's Rifle
  • ____________ 3rd Rifle???
  • Spelunker's Lantern
  • Woodwright's Bow

The 3rd Rifle is called Curator's and it is in the same Region at the Technical Backpack...somewhere.

On 12/12/2022 at 11:08 PM, hozz1235 said:

The first 3 have been confirmed.  Others in the thread have mentioned 2 other rifle variants, so hatchet and knife may come later.

Yes that's what the patchnotes also said.

Does anyone know if it is possible two find all 3 rifle variants in one playthrough?

4 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

I found Woodwright's Bow in HRV, more exactly:

Reveal hidden contents

by a corpse on the plateu between Reclusive Falls and Valley View Point

Is that bow repairable? Because a unique weapon that degrades and cant be repaired would be something i would probably have in a locker forever 🤣

Maybe they could add resin, and make bows repairable with a sapling and resin

• Upvote 1

Yay!  Found Spelunker's Lantern (not where I was expecting at all).  For the description, notice the reference? ;)  Kudos to who gets the reference first!

"A light for deep, dark places, where other lights go out."

TWM - Secluded Shelf Cave, near a corpse on a snowdrift

Edited by hozz1235
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Yay!  Found Spelunker's Lantern (not where I was expecting at all).  For the description, notice the reference? ;)  Kudos to who gets the reference first!

Hide contents

"A light for deep, dark places, where other lights go out."

Hide contents

TWM - Secluded Shelf Cave, near a corpse on a snowdrift

The reference must be from Lord of the Rings? The gift from Galadriel?

On 12/13/2022 at 11:35 AM, RossBondReturns said:

On my current run I abandoned looking for it...but I do know that it spawns in Ash Canyon. I just didn't look around the upper levels near the Mine Rope and the plateau outside the Mine entrance to find it.

I've been looking for the last 4 or 5 hours in Ash Canyon and I STILL have yet to find the Curator's Rifle.  :(  Did find Beth's Rifle in Coastal Highway in rather short time, which I didn't expect, but am very thankful happened.

3 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

Me neither, I only found Vaughn's in WR. Has anyone ever found two different rifle variants in one run?

Yes. I found Voughn and Barbs Rifle on my Testsave. Didnt find Curators yet, but i didnt stay in AC for to long. Grabbed the backpack and went out again. No lantern yet, but i didnt loot many of the places people mentioned finding on here.

Barbs was in CH in a place you wont miss anyways, and Voughns Rifle was in Winding River. That could've be a easy miss.

Edited by Shadox

58 minutes ago, Shadox said:

Barbs was in CH in a place you wont miss anyways

Care to spoil? I recently left CH for FA, have explored about 2/3rds of the map and want to know if I checked where you found it, because I've also found Vaughn's in WR.

But thanks for confirming, someone on reddit also confirmed that they've found 2 variants. I've found the lantern, bow and Vaughn's so far.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

Care to spoil? I recently left CH for FA, have explored about 2/3rds of the map and want to know if I checked where you found it, because I've also found Vaughn's in WR.

But thanks for confirming, someone on reddit also confirmed that they've found 2 variants. I've found the lantern, bow and Vaughn's so far.

Barbs Rifle was leaning towards a locker in Quonsets Garage. Easy and surprising find there, was actually the first weapon i found. Unfortunately its not something i would carry around, since its even heavier (0.50 kg i think) than the normal Rifle, while Vaughn is a bit lighter and just as, if not more deadly. Tooltip states that its very reliable, so its something that could be useful for keeping at a hunting base when youre out of weapon cleaning kits. Im not sure if it degrades slower, please confirm if anyone knows for sure, but the tooltip hints it.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Shadox said:

Barbs Rifle was leaning towards a locker in Quonsets Garage.

Thanks, in that case I don't have to revisit CH, I was in the garage and there was no rifle. Currently I'm completely mapping FA and once I'm done I'll go checkout DP and BI, the only places left which I didn't explore too deeply.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

Care to spoil?

I found Barb's Rifle on the end of one of the train cars in front of the trailer in the Unloading Zone off the Ravine entrance.  I understand the other two spots to find it are in Quonset Garage next to a locker and in the Abandoned Lookout.

Edited by DaPepster

14 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

Me neither, I only found Vaughn's in WR. Has anyone ever found two different rifle variants in one run?

I've got Barb's and Vaughn's rifles, so yes~ Also have the Lantern.  Still trying to find Curator's Rifle and the Bow, and if the Bow is in HRV like everyone is saying it is, I may just ignore it, because..... UGH..... HRV....  >.<

• Upvote 1