Good bye to our survivors

acada

What is your way to say good bye to your survivor? Do you intent to set them for life and leave them be? Or will you let them to fade into the long dark? Or do you plan to build them time capsule and visit them now and then?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What is your way to say good bye to your survivor? Do you intent to set them for life and leave them be? Or will you let them to fade into the long dark? Or do you plan to build them time capsule and visit them now and then?

• I will set them for life and leave them.
    • Life has its end. My survivor will fade into the long dark.
    • Time capsule is my solution for my character. We will continue the journey.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2022 at 10:59 PM

11 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

I can certainly respect other's viewpoints and decisions.  I also enjoy being able to openly share our thoughts on this forum.

To respond to the issue of hard-drive space - the save files are incredibly small compared to the game files, so unless you are playing on a Commodore64, you shouldn't have to worry about TLD save files using up your HDD space. ;)

Of course, saves are smaller than the game files for most games. Like @Sgt Socks though, it's not going to change how I manage the limited space on my console.  I see no reason to keep game saves that I consider to be completed.  I even regularly delete my Minecraft saves when they update the game (after perhaps taking a screenshot of my favourite builds).  I've tried using progressing some old worlds across major updates and have had nothing but grief with bugs and file corruption issues.  I find it far more enjoyable to just restart a new world... and get inspired to try different sorts of builds.  I also delete runs simply because life got in the way and I didn't play on them for awhile and have lost track about what I was doing or planning for the run at the time or what sort of character I was role playing (in the case of a RPG).  Again, I find starting fresh more enjoyable for most games.

• Upvote 1

I have completed my interloper 100 day in each region challenge some time ago which i am proud of. Havent updated the forum post tho - i only do that when im in my office on PC and i took 3 weeks time off work and played TLD on console each day for about 6 hours :D daily. I got back today so ill post the update by the end of this week.

As i said when i finish my main Astrid run which i did and currently back in main base at day 1295 (my personal interloper best) in her bedroom at jackrabbits. Im planning to send her to final sleep soon as i planned - dying slowly of exhaustion near the fire outside of the base. I havent done that yet but im pretty sure i dont want to leave her in cyber world alone with no way to play/load the save again ever (im on console).

During that time i've , made a few failed NOGOA runs and started a very successfull new Interloper run - started in Desolation point and managed to get the bow, tools and arrows on day 9, had the backpack and summit looted and got back to Mystery Lake on day 22 with all the best gear i can get in the game except the craftable clothes (bear hides are curing), and ofc moose hide curing as well. Unfortunatelly after i did that i lost the will to develop  the run anyfurther. Ill try my luck with NOGOA again i suppose till the update hits.

Conveniently enough, my 250+ day well fed loper run survivor just got eaten by the wolf in the cannery at Bleak Inlet. 

I have another run which is a little short of 400 days, currently at Blackrock. Not sure if I will do anything with them. But you know, sometimes I've wanted to jump off that railroad at the ravine...

Just gonna strip off down to me undies (would go naked but that cannot be done) and walk out in to the wilderness until I cannot walk no more (or get killed by a wolf, moose or bear). Will be a sad day as they've all done me proud, bless them.

But looking forward to starting a new life when TFTFT drops on console.

Have a good day, afternoon, evening wherever you maybe. 👍

• Upvote 1

I'm usually sentimental. I'm the kind of person that keeps stuff and has a hard time letting go of things. But in this specific case, my choice has been to go for a new beginning and let the old saves fade into the Long Dark. The innumerable attempts I have made at surviving on Interloper have desensitised me when it comes to feeling attached to my MacKenzies or Astrids. The two very long survival runs that remained (one on Pilgrim, one on Voyageur) both came to a point where my survivor had very little left to do or explore, and I was simply going on autopilot when I wanted to kill some time after hours of tiring work. This new DLC and update were the breath of fresh air I was looking for. It feels liberating to start all over again.

• Upvote 2