indoors <> outdoors clarification

Strelok

Guest jeffpeng
1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Ask my ten foot tall bunny friend. He'll agree with me.🙂

Is it this one by any chance?

Pin by Susan Soto on I want! Not necessarily what I need. | Donnie darko, Donnie  darko frank, Movie art

If so - yes, he's totally cool. He couch surfed with me until the early 2010s.

Edited by jeffpeng

On 12/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, Strelok said:

Then there are shelters of all kind which are accessible whithout loading into it (e.g. Mountaineer's Hut in TWM, most caves).

Those are not considered indoors therefore are outdoors.

Not true. Mountaineer's Hut, the Bricklayer's Cottage, et al are considered indoors. So are the backs of caves. That's why you can dry pelts and guts in them. They will also contribute to Cabin Fever.

On 1/20/2022 at 5:45 PM, stratvox said:

Not true. Mountaineer's Hut, the Bricklayer's Cottage, et al are considered indoors. So are the backs of caves. That's why you can dry pelts and guts in them. They will also contribute to Cabin Fever.

So you think that where i can dry that means its indoors always then? No exception?

To make things funnier, there is bug in the Black Rock Prison. I shot and harvested wolf behind the caffeteria. I mean the area where you have to go outside of the prison in order to crash in from back. Left guts and pelt on the snow near the wall. To my surprise it is now cured.

6 hours ago, acada said:

To make things funnier, there is bug in the Black Rock Prison. I shot and harvested wolf behind the caffeteria. I mean the area where you have to go outside of the prison in order to crash in from back. Left guts and pelt on the snow near the wall. To my surprise it is now cured.

Has this happened in any other regions before? Were you able to replicate the issue again? Any additional information would be helpful, thanks! 

https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

On 1/20/2022 at 6:07 AM, jeffpeng said:

This probably is true. At least I know no "no-loading-screen" location that violates this rule as long as you take into account that not being able to place a fire on wooden surfaces is a different reason altogether.

I did that a while ago. But I found that unless you are willing to hibernate you'll have a heck of a time getting enough firewood and food long term.

I know I keep repeating this, and I am fully aware that at this point I am probably annoying the living snot out of people, but this entire discussion serves as a perfect example why Cabin Fever is a bloody mess and why it simply shouldn't be in the game. It is

- badly communicated
- requires unintuitive gameplay to avoid
- serves no (longer a) tangible purpose

Very true.

• 2 weeks later...