noobie here

Bob Scott

HI:

Hope this is the correct sight to be asking for help? 

My problem is in the scenario: Winterlude> Missing memories.

I have gotten to the point were i have everything loaded, I think, but cannot figure  out how to get Astrid and the pilot to take off and leave.

Help please/ thanks

On 8/23/2021 at 10:32 PM, Gracia_WolfSlayer said:

I know some of the 'hit boxes' in the game are a bit off after the last update, so maybe try moving you cursor around the areas right next to the parka.

Especially on animals you want to harvest! Try aiming for the feet areas!

• Upvote 1

Glad you're out the hangar! There's always good advice and tips on here even though it might take you a while to find it!☺️ 

At the moment all I'd suggest is pick up everything you can! And enjoy it! Good luck☺️

Edited by Leeanda

So now I am the crash sight. I hav found the bear cave and can start a fire and sleep there. Problem is every time I start out to climb to top to the find the rest of the wreck and perhaps the parka, I have to retreat back to the cave to get warm. Ideas??

I'm afraid you just have to keep going, if you have a lit fire going I suggest you take a torch from it. It will give you a liitle extra warmth while moving on! You can throw the torches up on the ledges too so you won't lose it! As long as it isn't too windy!

On 8/23/2021 at 6:13 PM, Stinky socks said:

Yes, it's a bit tricky at first, but you'll get the hang of it very soon! Absorb that garbage homely feel while you're there:)

Omg lol, been reading through and noticed I wrote garbage instead of GARAGE!!😂 sorry lol.

I think you have to go around and enter through the rear of the map to get to the top section? I think I had a hard time there as well. There's sort of like a fallen tree you have to get through.

Edit: oh

Edited by Stinky socks
Nvm, don't worry about cold. You can survive very long before you die from cold!

On 8/31/2021 at 8:11 AM, Bob Scott said:

So now I am the crash sight. I hav found the bear cave and can start a fire and sleep there. Problem is every time I start out to climb to top to the find the rest of the wreck and perhaps the parka, I have to retreat back to the cave to get warm. Ideas??

You can afford to take that hit on the chin. Even if you hit freezing, as long as you don't get lost or spend too much time wandering around, you will not die by the time you reach town. Even on Hardened Survivor, you've got plenty of time. Also if you sprint a lot, you can minimize your time out in the cold, and this will also help by making you more tired when you DO reach town. More tired = can sleep longer = recover much more condition overnight.

If freezing really bothers you though, harvest those rose hips from the bushes on the way up to the plane crash, then backtrack to the cave and your campfire and brew it all up into tea. Drinking hot tea restores a big chunk of your Temperature and provides a 1 hour buff during which your Temperature decreases slower. (That Warming Up buff can buy you a bit more time if you want to try smashing open some of those crates by the plane for extra supplies too, before retreating to the cave.) You can always stop and light another fire to heat up more of that tea if the buff expires.

I personally like to take my time and harvest all the rose hips, reishi, old man's beard lichen, and cattails on the way to town. Makes life easier later. But it's not required, you can certainly come back for it later when you're in better shape if the thought of stumbling into town at 20% condition makes you nervous.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

You can afford to take that hit on the chin. Even if you hit freezing, as long as you don't get lost or spend too much time wandering around, you will not die by the time you reach town. Even on Hardened Survivor, you've got plenty of time. Also if you sprint a lot, you can minimize your time out in the cold, and this will also help by making you more tired when you DO reach town. More tired = can sleep longer = recover much more condition overnight.

If freezing really bothers you though, harvest those rose hips from the bushes on the way up to the plane crash, then backtrack to the cave and your campfire and brew it all up into tea. Drinking hot tea restores a big chunk of your Temperature and provides a 1 hour buff during which your Temperature decreases slower. (That Warming Up buff can buy you a bit more time if you want to try smashing open some of those crates by the plane for extra supplies too, before retreating to the cave.) You can always stop and light another fire to heat up more of that tea if the buff expires.

I personally like to take my time and harvest all the rose hips, reishi, old man's beard lichen, and cattails on the way to town. Makes life easier later. But it's not required, you can certainly come back for it later when you're in better shape if the thought of stumbling into town at 20% condition makes you nervous.

Thank you for that! I completely forgot about the tea warmth bonus! Would've told him half of that myself if I wasn't so scatterbrained!😃

I fI hope I haven't offended anyone with that wonky autocorrect. The game is most certainly in not garbage and the garage as well. I actually enjoyed being in the garage. Too bad that part of the level is very short. 

@bob, where are you trying to climb? Am I thinking correct that there is different part of the map that you're trying to access? There is part of the plane that has an opening door if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I've been there. If you can't get anywhere after multiple tries, perhaps a trip to fandom wiki for that part of the story is in order?

(Spoiler)

After you bandage your hand go into the cave as said. Collect everything then climb over log ,up small climbs to wreck. Collect all again! Follow the hill down you should get a small cutscene about Astrid. There's a small rock on right side with a burnt out fire. (Poss cutscene again). Keep going downhill creep past wolf( with you on your right-hand side). Follow down to a small pond ,turn left and then right up past tower. Follow down path until you see a lot up house. Go there.  Don't worry about the parka its gone for good but don't worry you'll find better clothes somewhere in town!

1 hour ago, Stinky socks said:

I fI hope I haven't offended anyone with that wonky autocorrect. The game is most certainly in not garbage and the garage as well. I actually enjoyed being in the garage. Too bad that part of the level is very short. 

@bob, where are you trying to climb? Am I thinking correct that there is different part of the map that you're trying to access? There is part of the plane that has an opening door if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I've been there. If you can't get anywhere after multiple tries, perhaps a trip to fandom wiki for that part of the story is in order?

Yes I know!☺️this is easier way to do it for me! It does have a garbage feel to it . It's meant to be run down😃

Edited by Leeanda

Well you are really making me feel good lol. I meant that garage has this "stay home drink cup of joe" good feeling, especially when stove is fired up!

@bob, sorry I am so lost. I thought you were already on episode three with

crashed airliner

As stated earlier, you have to climb up or down some bushes. When you get close to them, you get a prompt to click and begin climbing procedure.

Thank you!!

Well you are really making me feel good lol. I meant that garage has this "stay home drink cup of joe" good feeling, especially when stove is fired up!

crashed airliner

As stated earlier, you have to climb up or down some bushes. When you get close to them, you get a prompt to click and begin climbing procedure.

Thank you!!

20 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Reveal hidden contents

crashed airliner

Thank you!!

Reply is on other page! We all have those auto correct moments. Makes it more interesting!☺️

Edited by Leeanda