noobie here

Bob Scott

1 hour ago, Bob Scott said:

Thanks Leeanda, will give it a try. I get into the cave okay, get warmed up with a fire, go out and then freez. I have to have enough wood to start a fire after climb? As well not sure were to  start climb. Thanks for the help.

There is a fallen tree which you have to walk over when on other side there are light brown rocks , they are lower than the rest when you stand Infront of it the word 'climb' should come on. You have face it face on if look too high climb word won't come on. When it does then climb. There are little bushes at the top of them with red berries on. They can be picked. There are 3 of these climbs then you will get to plane areck and the parka should be there as well..

Don't worry about cold,as long as the white bar on bottom left screen is nearly empty freezing won't kill you!

This video covers how to go from the plane crash to Milton. It's about 17 minutes long, and while it normally doesn't take that long I made a point to try and keep my 4 subconditions (Temperature, Fatigue, Thirst, Hunger) from reaching zero if I could help it. It's also quite possible to simply charge ahead without stopping to prepare tea or boil water. You'd of course reach Milton in worse condition and in less time, but a good night's rest will erase the condition loss regardless of how long it took to get there.

Not much of a spoiler since it doesn't ruin any plot elements, but also be aware that this is by no means the ONLY way to do this.

When you find the cliff wall that has the roots you can climb, look towards the ground a bit. The trigger you need to click is generally at or below eye level. Check that video I posted, it'll give you an idea of where to click. I did move kind of fast but you should be able to see where I'm aiming.

EXCELLENT VIDEO. Thank you very much. I still get very disoriented, and cannot pick up material as quick as i should. then when i try to find the dang cave i cant find it. can yu tell me the quickest way to start the climb. I think i climb along the long fallen tree. 

I think I will just have to keep trying. I just cannot pick up objects and then find the cave quick enough. 

Would like to say thanks for all the help.

44 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

EXCELLENT VIDEO. Thank you very much. I still get very disoriented, and cannot pick up material as quick as i should. then when i try to find the dang cave i cant find it. can yu tell me the quickest way to start the climb. I think i climb along the long fallen tree. 

I think I will just have to keep trying. I just cannot pick up objects and then find the cave quick enough. 

Would like to say thanks for all the help.

You did bandage your hand didn't you? I'm just wondering if that's why you're having problems! Being injured will slow you down quite a bit!