Muskeg mystery

LkP

(stalker game)

On my way to BR from the Spence's homestead, for once I decided to use the marsh path instead of the more safe upper path. I avoided the bear, and just when I arrived near the train line, I heard a wolf dying.
I had absolutely no doubt about the sound, but I couldn't see it. I went a few step forward and ...

yeah, it's clipped in the tree, but that's not my point

The body is still fresh. But I'm not the one who made the kill. Da hell ?

screen_a7a09301-dfca-4eaf-9dbf-eda6e97898f8.thumb.png.ed0eff113740e12e318ca4d0fbfa60b1.png

I took the screenshots in order to fill a bug report, and went on a few steps.
Then, I thought maybe I was missing something.
So I went back, explored around the carcass, and climbed a little to reach the small plateau that is leading to the upper path.

There was a dead man body, along with a bow and a broken arrow.

Is the game telling me a story in survival mode ?
If so, is it something known I'm just discovering ?
If not, how can it be a coincidence that the wolf died just when I arrived ? Did somebody have a bug like that before ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

another proof: it's A-Li-Ens...
this game is about something completely different than what we all think...
or, in the particular case it might have been the bear, or an overripe deer carcass. maybe the train.
have you done an autopsy...? anything unusual in its tummy or fur?

Edited by AdamvR

I have seen possible explanation. But it was loong time ago. It was on the bridge before the dam in Mystery Lake. I was coming to the dam rifle ready, because of the pesky bridge keeper. I heard bark and then I saw the wolf. It was falling from the sky. It missed the bridge edge and fell down to the river. It was dead on the spot.

I remember I was coming from the loading area. So it was nothing like I was entering map from a building or something. So the wolf was spawned when I was already on the map.

So maybe new spawn wolf, but the Z-axe was wrong? It seems like the game is computing fall damage for animals as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, acada said:

I have seen possible explanation. But it was loong time ago. It was on the bridge before the dam in Mystery Lake. I was coming to the dam rifle ready, because of the pesky bridge keeper. I heard bark and then I saw the wolf. It was falling from the sky. It missed the bridge edge and fell down to the river. It was dead on the spot.

I remember I was coming from the loading area. So it was nothing like I was entering map from a building or something. So the wolf was spawned when I was already on the map.

So maybe new spawn wolf, but the Z-axe was wrong? It seems like the game is computing fall damage for animals as well. 

That makes sense.