Anyone curious if Hinterland might wipe Survival saves again in future?

thekillergreece

Title!

Hinterland so far wiped Survival saves about 2-3 times since EA to launch day after implementing major gameplay changes/features.

So, I was wondering if they will have to wipe the survival saves again before implementing a future major gameplay feature? Thoughts? Are you worried about losing your long-term saves to future wipes?

I wipe them myself anyways whenever a major update hits and happily start fresh.  I remember my Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition days when each update would try to mesh into already created worlds and generally just succeeded in creating a mess of mismatched biomes and biome behaviors, along with bad chunks and funky terrain.  It wasn't pretty.

The only legacy save game wipe I recall was when Hinterland decided to redo the manner in which the save games were handled. 

Any future occurrence would likely entail a much more substantial structural change in the game that renders the previous save games substantially or completely invalid than any kind of updates or new game mechanics.   I can't say that something like that couldn't happen, but I don't worry about it at all though I would be upset if it was for anything less than some HUGE structure change. 

On 4/28/2021 at 10:52 AM, thekillergreece said:

Hinterland so far wiped Survival saves about 2-3 times since EA to launch day after implementing major gameplay changes/features.

IIRC, last time they said they want to never do that again. So I am mostly counting on that. I think that's why they implemented the loot boxes. That way they can redo many things and save the players stuff from disappearing.

If it were to happen now I would not enjoy it as I am aiming for the 500 days in interloper but I learned a lot so far so a redo would not be a disaster.