Anything behind the water?

Rose of Madmen

I'm in Costal Highway in the "Aurora elevator mine". I see 2 paths that are blocked by electrified water, and i wonder if when the aurora stops i will be able to walk through the water and find something interesting, but i don't want to find nothing, get stuck and die. So does anyone know if it's worth to take the risk?

Edited by Rose of Madmen

If you're not on Interloper, then you may find weapons, tools, lanters, and flashlights. There may be a jerry can or 2. There are a few bodies and backpacks and containers to search. It's only worth it if you're prepared(food, water, firewood to boil more water) to be stuck there for a while.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, wilsonaka said:

If you're not on Interloper, then you may find weapons, tools, lanters, and flashlights. There may be a jerry can or 2. There are a few bodies and backpacks and containers to search. It's only worth it if you're prepared(food, water, firewood to boil more water) to be stuck there for a while.

Thanks 

I'll get more food and come back 

I went down into the Cinder Hills aurora mine section with a good amount of food.  I explored after the aurora subsided because I didn't want to be electrocuted but the "sparks" in the water did unnerve me so I stayed out of the water even then.  There is no particular need to go through the water - I later found out that it was not electrified without the aurora active but it was bitterly cold water - though one might find some items along the flooded portions.  They all connect to the rest of the 'dry' tunnels. 

I spent about 16 days in there waiting for the aurora to occur again.  I had eaten all the cooked meat I had brought into the mine and was down to the two MREs I had (found one in the mine) when the aurora finally occurred.  I play in Pilgrim so Cabin Fever was not an issue,  but it can become a factor for modes where it applies.  Be careful. 

I will say I was prepared to chuck it if the situation proved to be unsurvivable (I had made a copy of the save game before going down, I had too much time invested to let the character die) not that I expected it to but better prepare for the contingency than to not and regret it.  That's just my way of thinking. 

Good luck.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 4:23 PM, Mystery Lake resident said:

Not worth it!!!!!!!! 😀 Unless you have nothing and need supplies.  I ve been stuck here 3 games days and about 6 or 7 real hours. Can't pass time or sleep. More like The Long Day!😄

Why can't you pass time?

On 1/27/2021 at 8:36 PM, Rose of Madmen said:

I'm in Costal Highway in the "Aurora elevator mine". I see 2 paths that are blocked by electrified water, and i wonder if when the aurora stops i will be able to walk through the water and find something interesting, but i don't want to find nothing, get stuck and die. So does anyone know if it's worth to take the risk?

I was just in down in there last night for the first time in a long long time in a Voyager game.  I was able to find an advanced skill book, "Guns, Guns, Guns" in addition to a few clothing items as well as flares and some food supplies.  It was much like traversing the space in story mode, except of course it lead no where.  You can avoid the electrified water completely as well as the hanging wires just so long you stay on the pathways.  It's worth going down for the book assuming it spawns regularly.  
only bit of advice is to be fairly rested before you head in.  I was very tired when I took the lift down to bottom so everything I was carrying started to weigh me down.  Good thing I had a couple of energy drinks and some coffee or else I might not have been able to explore it as well as it deserved.  I was definitely happy for the book!

• Like 1

I mean, this is kind of the risk a player takes if they want to explore that area.  I think the player probably ought to come prepared, or accept the consequences if they get stuck.  After all the player has to choose to make that trip, and the player has several options to help mitigate potential the risks.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Like 1

1) If the aurora fails before you make it back to the elevator, just quit the game and reload the previous save.  You’ll have to explore the place all over again but this time you know how much time you have!

2) There’s always a can of gun powder down there, as well as usually a rifle and some ammo, a skill book, and a bed roll.  

3)You can get everything without walking in electrified water or hitting any power lines.  Duck is your friend vs lines.  

4)Aurora are freaking rare in CH.  I like to wait for one in a car, taking cat naps and waking up to check if the aurora happened.  If it starts in the second half of a night, forget it. Won’t last long enough to fully loot the place.