Scrub Brush

hozz1235

On 1/15/2021 at 6:25 PM, hozz1235 said:

Is it re-growing?  I could of swore I cleared most of FM, but when I came back to visit, I'm finding SB everywhere!  Thoughts?

I haven't noticed any respawn yet.  How many days/weeks in game were you away from Forlorn Muskeg after you harvested the brush?

In general things like scrub brush should not respawn.  It is winter, after all.  But that does not preclude spawning due to other game-related effects like landscape changes. 

I don't harvest things that I don't think will respawn but I did do one scrub brush out by Poacher's Camp, as a test, and it never came back.  

It should also be noted that there are two different types of scrub brush in the game... ones that need a hatchet to be harvested and ones that can be harvested with the hand.  The ones that require a hatchet don't respawn because they would then re-block paths the player has already opened.  The others could respawn, but I'm not noticing anything so far.  There are also plants that look very much like this second type of scrub brush, but I can't get any harvest UI to come up.  I'm wondering if these are the plants being noticed by the OP instead of the scrub brush that can be harvested.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:25 PM, hozz1235 said:

Is it re-growing?  I could of swore I cleared most of FM, but when I came back to visit, I'm finding SB everywhere!  Thoughts?

but is re-growing in the exact same place as you cut it before?  it is entirely possible that you may have come across some scrub that you just haven't harvested yet?

There was an update a little while back that occurred and I had the same kinda moment but in my case it was rosehibs.  Seemed to me that all the rosehibs had respawned, so I kinda got that same ole DeJa Vue vibe going.  I wanna say this occurred when I fired up an older save game, one that I hadn't played for quite some time.
Anyways, hard to tell sometimes whats going on in these games...

20 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

but is re-growing in the exact same place as you cut it before?  it is entirely possible that you may have come across some scrub that you just haven't harvested yet?

There was an update a little while back that occurred and I had the same kinda moment but in my case it was rosehibs.  Seemed to me that all the rosehibs had respawned, so I kinda got that same ole DeJa Vue vibe going.  I wanna say this occurred when I fired up an older save game, one that I hadn't played for quite some time.
Anyways, hard to tell sometimes whats going on in these games...

1.  I don't remember if I harvested, let alone where I harvested it!
2.  Yes, it is possible I missed harvesting it all the times I've been through FM, but this seems unlikely.

• Like 1