Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place...

issabeepboop

On my 28th day of survival in the Mystery Lake region, my survivor faded into the long dark.

Things had been looking up. Maple and green birch saplings had been found. Rifles and a revolver along with ammo. My survivor had even just bagged their first deer! Then I decided to go exploring, fill in more of the map you know. So there I was trekking alongside the mountainous border of ML. Eventually I decided I should head back down the mountains and make my way to the cabin I had discovered. Trying to find the quickest path down I got stuck. Literally couldn't move a cm in any direction. I quickly quit the game hoping my last save would put me back out from this spot, but sadly no. Trapped, wedged between a tree and the mountain side, My survivor had no option but to wait until they faded into the long dark.

Overall I think I did pretty decent for my first run in sandbox game play. gonna go start over now. Can't wait to see what region I get dropped in next!

File_000 (2).jpeg

File_001.jpeg

Reminds me of this time in HRV I was goating around and slipped halfway down a cliff.  Landed on this tiny ledge, less than 50% life, blizzard coming up, and a long drop in every direction.  Of course I got multiple sprains and the game had saved so that was it!  I couldn’t think of a way out of that mess.  I couldn’t lay out a bedroll to sleep.  I couldn’t make a fire.  Not enough room for any of that.  Nope, I had to just man up and walk the plank.  Think my guy had about 150 days on him in Stalker when the valley floor rushed up to meet him.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 2:28 AM, peteloud said:

I got stuck in this derelict shed in Miner's Folly when trying to retrieve a flare.  I have reported to  Support, but avoid that spot for the moment.it 

I got stuck there too, but after several minutes of crouching, standing and mashing keys, I somehow got out.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 11:20 AM, issabeepboop said:

On my 28th day of survival in the Mystery Lake region, my survivor faded into the long dark.

Things had been looking up. Maple and green birch saplings had been found. Rifles and a revolver along with ammo. My survivor had even just bagged their first deer! Then I decided to go exploring, fill in more of the map you know. So there I was trekking alongside the mountainous border of ML. Eventually I decided I should head back down the mountains and make my way to the cabin I had discovered. Trying to find the quickest path down I got stuck. Literally couldn't move a cm in any direction. I quickly quit the game hoping my last save would put me back out from this spot, but sadly no. Trapped, wedged between a tree and the mountain side, My survivor had no option but to wait until they faded into the long dark.

Overall I think I did pretty decent for my first run in sandbox game play. gonna go start over now. Can't wait to see what region I get dropped in next!

That's actually a really good reason I back up my saves periodically.  Can't imagine getting stuck like that on my 1900+ days run.

• Like 1