Snaring Rabbits ????

issabeepboop

It usually takes a few hours of you not being around before 1 will be caught.
I think there's a minimum time before 1 will be caught.
I don't think I every seen 1 actually get caught but it's better to not be in sight of 1. As far as I remember as I think it was mentioned somewhere.
You can be inside right next to them or leave sight of them.
If you can throw a rock and make them jump. Your to close.
Even sleeping for 8 hours works.

If you come back and there's broken traps. You know they are working.

Edited by LTL King
  • Like 1

I don't know the exact formula that is used, but you need to have the snares where the rabbits hop around. My guess is that if you're not in one of the assigned rabbit hopping areas you will never catch anything even if it's only 1mm outside of the painted area.

• Like 1

How successful snaring is depends.  It helps to have rabbits in the general vicinity where the snare is placed.  It also helps to not wait fruitlessly for the rabbit to appear in the snare and, after a couple days, move the snare.  You have to search for where the snare becomes effective.  In general wait, at least, a full day after placing the snare before deciding its a dry hole or the place to be.  When you score,  remember the spot for future use. 

Some places, like Jackrabbit Island, you can place the snare outside the front door of the house and get rabbits, in other places, like the Pleasant Valley farmstead, you need to place the snares near where the rabbits are hopping around (like out by that barn near the farmstead). 

Good luck. 

Edited by UTC-10
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, LTL King said:

I don't think I every seen 1 actually get caught 

That's because you don't literally catch live rabbits in the traps. Basically a dead rabbit is spawned into the snare and the live rabbits despawn eventually to simulate depletion. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...