Wishlist Index and What devs will never do.

oplli

Hi, This is not a suggestion for the game itself but for the Wishlist. This week I think I have seen so many post of people requesting the same stuff that it has already been discussed and asked a hundred of times. This is why it would be nice to create a topic wich would always be at the top of the wishlist and that would list all the things that have been discused already A LOT, like multiplayer, sleds, binoculars, dogs and so on. So when we want to add a new idea, we can look at that list. I know we can do a research tab and if wou write for example, Moose: it will show you every topics that the word moose apprear. But there is not a lot of people who use it beacause there is still a lot of NEW topics about multiplayer, sleds etc.

The WDWND idea(what devs will never do :)) Could be a topic that stay on top of the wishlist too. It would be a list of everything that has been requested a few times but that the devs know for shure they will never do like the multiplayer (this one I am 100% shure it will never happen) So people that want to request a new idea that is in that category will know it is useless to request it. now I know that the devs have a list of thing to do that could never happen too, but I am only talking about things that are confirmed it will never happen.

This would make the wishlist cleaner and more interesting for shure :) 

What you think about that?

Often it's a job, sometimes voluntary, for a GA or forum moderator.  AFAIK they don't really have a Game Assistant, which is often a player of a game and/or active member of a game community.  But saying that, that doesn't stop someone from going through all the posts, citing frequently requested concepts, with OP links.  It's the type of thing that is voluntary work more often than not that often gets pinned, as long as it stays updated.

That's a good idea, the only issue is that it's a lot of work. Having kept the Milton Mail Bag Index up-to-date the issue is that it became a lot of work and that was a much more limited volume given that it was only weekly.

Two other issues:

1) there's nothing that's worth talking about that we'd "never do". Even things like co-op which won't be appearing in The Long Dark could be useful topics as they might appear in a future project and it would be useful to have people discuss what they'd like to see. 

2) things change. The Long Dark in 2020 is a different game than The Long Dark was when it first launched. Some of the ideas that fans might have had back then might not be relevant now, but some ones that were less relevant then might be relevant now. While we certainly understand that certain threads keep appearing, requesting something in 2020 (or 2021) that was spoken about in 2018 might suddenly be relevant again.

Overall it's a great idea it's just a question of whether Hinterland does it, and that's a resource/time question, or whether someone else tackles it.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. 0 said:

suggested milion times, but Hinterland never bothered. Its additional work and they even stop Milton Mailbag, so they not interested in reply. they just working on product and collecting suggestions.

We are looking at restarting the Milton Mailbag in some forum. It's just a question of how we do it to reach the most players. That in particular takes @Raphael van Lierop's time and as you can imagine that's a limited resource. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. 0 said:

suggested milion times, but Hinterland never bothered. Its additional work and they even stop Milton Mailbag, so they not interested in reply. they just working on product and collecting suggestions.

I dont use the search bar too :D thats why it would be easy

4 minutes ago, Admin said:

That's a good idea, the only issue is that it's a lot of work. Having kept the Milton Mail Bag Index up-to-date the issue is that it became a lot of work and that was a much more limited volume given that it was only weekly.

Two other issues:

1) there's nothing that's worth talking about that we'd "never do". Even things like co-op which won't be appearing in The Long Dark could be useful topics as they might appear in a future project and it would be useful to have people discuss what they'd like to see. 

2) things change. The Long Dark in 2020 is a different game than The Long Dark was when it first launched. Some of the ideas that fans might have had back then might not be relevant now, but some ones that were less relevant then might be relevant now. While we certainly understand that certain threads keep appearing, requesting something in 2020 (or 2021) that was spoken about in 2018 might suddenly be relevant again.

Overall it's a great idea it's just a question of whether Hinterland does it, and that's a resource/time question, or whether someone else tackles it.

Thanks for your answer. At least that helps to understand your way of thinking :) 

I mean, I use the search bar a lot... and it works wonders for me.  :)
It gives me quick access to a large pool of wonderful discussion points.
That's why I tend to recommend it when I see the same topics come up a lot (not to criticize making new posts on old subjects... but rather just to help encourage folks to read up on the conversations the community's had in the past).

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I mean, I use the search bar a lot... and it works wonders for me.  :)

I enjoy what I have.) And I know that some things have already been discussed and enjoy reading the forum. Well, my proposals are not particularly interesting to discuss. But now I want to use search. Let's say refresh some topics.)))