1 shot moose

stirfoo

Apparently, you can whack a moose with one shot. Didn't think that was possible.  Day 65 on interloper with level 4 archery. I would say it's due to my archery skill, but my first shot missed completely! The first shot was from just outside the aggro radius, the second was just inside, so they were both distance shots.  I've find it very strange that I have much greater success hitting the target if they are facing me. I don't mean a kill, I mean just hitting the critter. That was the case here. The first missed shot was broadside. The second, head on. Both were only a step or two difference in distance. The moose wasn't moving in either shot.

screen_28adf66c-961f-49b7-a87f-01504c2c0a24_hi.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

I rifle one hit killed a moose on TWM, hit it in the neck from distance, and it just fell over. Kinda took me a second to mentally process it,  then I was like “woohoo! Mooseburgers right now!”

Haha. Yup. I did a double take. Did that really just happen?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtle777 said:

Targets facing you greatly increases your chances of a kill shot, because you have a good chance of hitting their head. You will very rarely get a single kill shot from behind (never seen it myself).

-t

Shoot bears in the butt as often as I do (after mauling me, they walk away, and I get taken by the bear rage😁) and you will. I’ve had it happen about 6-8 times. Yes, I get bear mauled a lot. I hate them, and they consider me a chew toy. Like Kong for dogs, bears have Tiff.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, stirfoo said:

Apparently, you can whack a moose with one shot.

Nice shot, indeed.   a mere two inches off center, but otherwise near perfect placement!  
why do i hear Dire Straights singing now    🎶... yo, yo that ain't working, that's they way you do it!"

what can I bring to the BBQ?

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 11:34 AM, stirfoo said:

Apparently, you can whack a moose with one shot. Didn't think that was possible.  Day 65 on interloper with level 4 archery. I would say it's due to my archery skill, but my first shot missed completely! The first shot was from just outside the aggro radius, the second was just inside, so they were both distance shots.  I've find it very strange that I have much greater success hitting the target if they are facing me. I don't mean a kill, I mean just hitting the critter. That was the case here. The first missed shot was broadside. The second, head on. Both were only a step or two difference in distance. The moose wasn't moving in either shot.

screen_28adf66c-961f-49b7-a87f-01504c2c0a24_hi.png

Wowza!
No sooner do I transition from MT to ML via the cave but soon as I do, who do I come across that very same afternoon?

Taking into consideration I'm almost spent from two rope climbs, I figure I can't let this opportunity pass me by.  I slurp down my last cup of coffee
and prepare to do battle with Bullwinkle...  As he shakes his mighty head angrily I stand up and let loose and watch in amazement as he slumps
into a heap.  Not as good of placement as your shot, but I'll take it!  

screen_d56f2cb8-8021-4e92-b124-938dbc6717d2_hi.thumb.png.ae21a0ac995bb4c0b08f043513cdfe24.png

• Like 1